Pierre Gasly...

Hi all, wanted to start a discussion!

It's sad, but it's RBR, and Gasly already looks insecure.

Realistically, where could Gasly go if he is spat out by Red Bull? Toro Rosso is unlikely, as there are Ticktum, Pato O'Ward and Auer who are waiting in line and deserve a shot.

Lastly, on the topic of the academy, if you were an upcoming F1 driver, a future talent, would you sign for the Red Bull Academy or perhaps go to the Ferrari Academy, as Vettel's seat is also potentially up for grabs too, which seat would be easier to attain?

I think the lad would need a good few flashes of brilliance against his mighty team mate if he's to have a market value. Just as Ricciardo did against Vettel, if he's to avoid the Red Bull career-mincemeat-grinder, sadly:( If he can get close-ish then maybe a team like HAAS would pick him up?

Imo Pato O'Ward and Auer don't stand a chance, they've simply not shown the 'who's the next Verstappen/Hamilton', which RB ruthlessly pursue.

...if you were an upcoming F1 driver, a future talent, would you sign for the Red Bull Academy or perhaps go to the Ferrari Academy....
With the luxury of hindsight I have:p, Red Bull would be a 'BIG NO!'. Ferrari yes, if I believed I was the next Lorenzo Bandini:D

For me, I never saw anything special in him last season. His Bahrain result that everyone pumped up is more similar to Stroll podium in Baku than anything else... And what he showed this season is that he is fast for F1 but not for the championship, something like slower version of Barrichello, Webber, Bottas.:cautious: So, if he gets dumped from RB and doesn't get back to TR, I don't really know: Racing Point maybe, Haas only if one of their drivers leaves first (I rate both of them ahead of Gasly), Williams is possible, Renault maybe in "trade" with Hulk (but first RB needs to setup the races so that looks like Gasly is beating Max :roflmao:), McLaren/Alfa no way.

As for young guns, except Ticktum I don't know how good others are. But still I think Max/Leclerc/Russell/Norris are safe for now in their own tier (when later 3 (2) confirm they belong to it 100%).

Ah, yes, academy... If I was a talent and winning 99% of my kart races at the moment I would go to Ferrari since I am a fan. That is more personal preference without brain involved. :D

I think the lad would need a good few flashes of brilliance against his mighty team mate if he's to have a market value. Just as Ricciardo did against Vettel, if he's to avoid the Red Bull career-mincemeat-grinder, sadly:( If he can get close-ish then maybe a team like HAAS would pick him up?

Imo Pato O'Ward and Auer don't stand a chance, they've simply not shown the 'who's the next Verstappen/Hamilton', which RB ruthlessly pursue.

With the luxury of hindsight I have:p, Red Bull would be a 'BIG NO!'. Ferrari yes, if I believed I was the next Lorenzo Bandini:D
looks like formula e for him haha

It seems the place for life after F1 is the Formula e series. There are a lot of ex F1 drivers there. It seems like Formula e will be the new Formula One in the distant future. With electric technology and on track charging areas its like a sci fi movie.

Gasly just seems like a TR driver to me. Sometimes certain drivers are way faster than the car they are in, but sometimes the ability of the driver matches the potential of the car, and I think that is the case with Gasly and TR :unsure:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%