Picture Contest January 2011

Hey guys,

We should hold a picture contest, for the car picture of the month, no prizes. but just for fun.

so what do you guys think

Imho one of the rule must be- use only released cars and tracks. Would be more fair.

Why would it be more fair?

There are released cars and tracks with amazing quality. In fact, my released cars have more quality than the private ones (currently they don't, but after the patches they will have)! I took some screenies already, all with private cars.

As for CG/no-CG I'm with the opinion that the shader quality doesn't matter that much. What matters is the content itself!

Why would it be more fair?

There are released cars and tracks with amazing quality. In fact, my released cars have more quality than the private ones (currently they don't, but after the patches they will have)! I took some screenies already, all with private cars.

As for CG/no-CG I'm with the opinion that the shader quality doesn't matter that much. What matters is the content itself!

For exampe: I have converted a car which none did before me, excelent quality, shaders, models, texture etc. And took a screenshot of it. Most of people will say "ZOOMG. I sooo want it!". And of course will vote for me. Fair?. I don't think so.

Most of people will say "ZOOMG. I sooo want it!". And of course will vote for me. Fair?. I don't think so.

Well, that would be cheating as they vote for you as they hope to gain something for themselves.
Such votes should not be counted, but rejected. Dang.. is the world not corrupt enough already?

So.. you're saying, photography contests should be based on how the image looks, but the idea behind it? Hmmm..

I expect you mean "not be based on how the image looks, but the idea behind it"..
but that is a misinterpretation. An image can look very good even if it is not the
latest state-of-the-art-GPU-mega-CG-shader-beyond-belief.. actually, such an
image might even look terrible. A good image is an image that captures a moment
and manages to represent that moment to the full, be it BW or color, or even sepia.
It could be impressionistic, expressionistic, cubic or realistic or superrealistic.. and
even surrealistic.. that is not the point.. the point is whether or not the image, by
itself, is a good shot.. that is what makes art stand out and what makes art art.

Yeah LOL, my mind tends to drop words out of sentences. It's bloody annoying lol. :)

I agree that a CG image can look crap, and non-cg can look much better, but at the end of the day, it's just unfair, 2 different modes of creating an image. I don't understand what the problem is?

I expect you mean "not be based on how the image looks, but the idea behind it"..
but that is a misinterpretation. An image can look very good even if it is not the
latest state-of-the-art-GPU-mega-CG-shader-beyond-belief.. actually, such an
image might even look terrible. A good image is an image that captures a moment
and manages to represent that moment to the full, be it BW or color, or even sepia.
It could be impressionistic, expressionistic, cubic or realistic or superrealistic.. and
even surrealistic.. that is not the point.. the point is whether or not the image, by
itself, is a good shot.. that is what makes art stand out and what makes art art.

120% correct!

I will use a car that I had already posted screenies and got 0 reactions! In fact, there is one for racer, but "my" model is better :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 354 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%