Resource icon

Cars Physics reworked for Toyota Celica ST185 JDM AB

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

Physics reworked for Toyota Celica ST185 JDM - Celica ST185 JDM - the street legal rally car that`s nice to drive

A modern classic - the Toyota Celica GT-Four ST185. This is the JDM car with the maximum power and all the options from the factory.
Even at it`s age it is very competitive:
View attachment 325487

Installation: unzip the package in the car`s folder "..\AssettoCorsa\content\cars\toyota_celica_gt_four_rc_st185\" and confirm overwrite.
Source for the mod: description in YouTube

This rework changes everything in the basic...

Read more about this resource...

Just out of curiosity, does the original author of this mod know about your new version of his work?

I don`t feel obliged to contact every author for permission before I set to work. After all they are not at a loss from it. Neither I am at a gain.
If anybody wants to make a collaboration with me I`m up for it.

A few years back that would have been a hanging offence on this forum.

You clearly don't feel obliged to even give the author credit for his graphics, you simply insult the physics. What an arrogant little plagiarist you are.

Just because you are obviously incapable of doing your own graphics it doesn't give you the right to hijack someone else's without their knowledge or permission. I wonder how many people are unaware that they are already collaborating with you and what a shame for them to be missing out on the privilege.

If it was my mod, I would hunt you down and rework your physics.

A few years back that would have been a hanging offence on this forum.

You clearly don't feel obliged to even give the author credit for his graphics, you simply insult the physics. What an arrogant little plagiarist you are.

Just because you are obviously incapable of doing your own graphics it doesn't give you the right to hijack someone else's without their knowledge or permission. I wonder how many people are unaware that they are already collaborating with you and what a shame for them to be missing out on the privilege.

If it was my mod, I would hunt you down and rework your physics.

In that case I propose you to find said author, get his permission and "hunt me down" the way you want. More fun for me!
Meanwhile you`ll stay in my ignore list for this big attitude and no substance.

Seems a good time and place to put a warning - all trolls who do nothing else but "rate" my work will automatically end up in my ignore list. Put some of your content forward and I gladly will take a look at it, maybe even like it. But `till then it`s a no go for you.

It's been tolerated to post stuff like this if you don't include the whole mod but only your modifications for it.

So where is the problem with this resource in which support section you are writing this idle message? Do I have to include you in the ignore list as well? Seeing your profile you hadn`t done neither "stuff like this" nor any other "stuff"...

Last edited:
You do realise that with an attitude like yours, you are going to find yourself on quite a few people's ignore lists?

I do and it`s happening. That`s the freedom of choice in effect and I`m all for it. I consider RD to be a source for game content and not another mediocre social network. Nothing wrong with my attitude.

I find your disrespect for other people's work quite disturbing, though. I have quite a high opinion of someone who spends time and makes an effort to accurately research a car's physics and tries to make it as realistic as possible. But unless you have permission from the person who put in all the initial hard work, it should be kept private, and not uploaded to RD in an attempt to gain fame and notoriety.

There are quite a few people, some highly respected car modders, who do what you are trying to do - correct the physics of mod cars, but they keep them to themselves out of respect for not only the original author but also the sim racing community as a whole.

Of course, that is just my own opinion.

they keep them to themselves out of respect for not only the original author but also the sim racing community as a whole

Initially I felt exactly that way but it`s not beneficial for the sim community in the end - all private and no progress for the sake of vanity. I have edited many bad car mods for myself, but it`s time to give back and not only download others hard work.

By the way, do you consider my 2-way for FBR offending and is it not beneficial for the popularity of your hard work? Do I stand to gain anything from it when I`m not even asking for donations? Do you lose anything?

So where is the problem with this resource in which support section you are writing this idle message? Do I have to include you in the ignore list as well? Seeing your profile you hadn`t done neither "stuff like this" nor any other "stuff"...
Yeah I wrote it's no problem to post the mods like you do. in response to another user. You may want to practice some reading comprehension and calm down a little.

Initially I felt exactly that way but it`s not beneficial for the sim community in the end
Having seen the discussions you have with the other physics modders on here your mods aren't beneficial to anybody anyways. You may include me on your ignore list now.

In that case I propose you to find said author, get his permission and "hunt me down" the way you want. More fun for me!
Meanwhile you`ll stay in my ignore list for this big attitude and no substance.
I hear you called? Posting your "modded" physics in the support thread of my car mod without contacting me once before was pretty impolite. I'll contact the moderators and ask them to remove it, as you apparently did not learn how to act around here boy.

physics in the support thread of my car mod

Why are you getting so worked up now? I thought we cleared that one a while ago - it wasn`t meant to be my modded physics for you car, that`s why it was in you support tab and not uploaded as my resource. As i recall your final word was that you may consider changes for a future update and we stopped at that. Bringing it up now and joining the chorus is not smart, old man. Do whatever you want. Freedom of choice.

I think we should really have a discussion and guidelines about these physics reworks. On official forums I think kunos doesn't accept these reworks but here on rd they are accepted. On principle I agree with rd when they allow these reworks but the lack of guidelines and the different treatment of kunos content reworks (allowed) and modded physics reworks (disallowed) should be looked at.

I think with modded content the first step should be to contact the author and offer your physics to be part of their official release. Even if they decline or don't respond then I think there should be some kind of chance to release reworks if some guidelines were followed. I think something like this could be acceptable:
- must be for legit mod, no forza conversion physics reworks allowed
- must prove that attempt was made to contact author but I don't think approval is needed (we don't have kunos approval either). In case of official kunos cars this is not necessary.
- original author credited and original mod clearly mentioned and linked to
- only physics files and other text files (ui etc.) and icons included and must be packed
- no art copied from original, Make your own icons and previews
- physics files must have considerable rework (adding just power or grip should not be enough)
- updated physics files should require new folder name for the car with instructions and tools provided in the file to make it happen. This is to prevent online mismatches and leave author's original mod files untouched to prevent them becoming help desk for 4th party rework issues breaking their mods and updates

added small clarification about kunos cars.

Last edited:
The main change I want as convention is moving them out of the "Cars" section, we're at a point where that's 90% physics replacements and 10% actual car mods.

Agreed with all the above suggestions. Next reworks I`m posting in "Misc." and if I ever find a mod from a known author I`ll contact him first. You know the difficulties with finding the original author of old mods, don`t you? Plus there is the possibility that my work is gonna end up included in a mod update without even mentioning my name. And as a newbie to me is a mystery how to distinguish forza rips as I never played any of the forza games.

It's just good conduct to try to get in contact with the author. If they don't want to collaborate with you and accept your hopefully superior physics build, it is their loss. :unsure: It's happened a lot to me, so I kept them private.

I don't know if I fully agree with the car reworks staying out of Cars thing. For me, I don't think it would be an issue in fact, my fanbase if you will appears to be regulars who will be aware of my stuff anyway, and it seems anyone who wants to use my stuff has already found it.

However the reason I post in Cars and not Misc is because new people who would perhaps enjoy my work will never, ever go to find Car physics replacement mods in Misc and not Cars. Additionally, some people would then think that they don't belong in Misc either! Well, some people think what I do is cheap and shouldn't be allowed to begin with, but oh well. :rolleyes: If you can get RD policy regarding this to change, and the cars can be moved without damaging the original entry's contents, I don't particularly mind moving them.

I do wish there was less beginners doing it, though. Share it to your friends, not to the whole internet to start off. When you're capable of making essentially an entire car from scratch in a legitimate way which is respected by the more serious physics people who themselves create "new" content, then you can think about uploading it.

Because of people like rpmmod and alekabul, new people are starting to think my mods as well are some low-effort, low-knowledge tweaks, when they're more or less new cars. Maybe it'll change somewhat after the Singer and NSX...

On the topic of permissions, namely from KS, I think it goes without saying that you will never get permission from KS. Hell, when I asked if they wanted to collaborate to make the R34 better back in the day when it had went from being a mod to an official car, on the premise that they already ripped some of my data into the car, they told me to go stuff it before they ban me for saying such things. :rolleyes:
However I still make these mods because I think they would like to go back and do the same if they had the time and economic justification.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%