Resource icon

Cars Physics reworked for Top Gear Liana 1.6 GLX 2019-09-10

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

Physics reworked for Top Gear Liana 1.6 GLX - Top Gear`s Liana 1.6 GLX with proper NM&bhp and nice to the touch

Time to get reasonable, people! See if you are worthy to be at the top. Of the Lap Board, of course :)
View attachment 323894 View attachment 323895I dare you to beat my times. AI also will throw you a challenge on any track.

Installation: after you find and install the infamous one Liana, unpack this archive in it`s folder and overwrite. This should get you from the...

Read more about this resource...

Although it`s not very useful pushing this engine to it`s redline I corrected an issue with the damage from high RPM. Other change: v3 tyres now work with ProTyres
Liana tyres v3.jpg

Open the "update suzuki_liana.7z.txt" with the 7z File Explorer and extract "data.acd" and the two other ".7z" in your "..\AssettoCorsa\content\cars\suzuki_liana\" folder replacing the old files. The one in the new package is on v10 tyres.

Have fun!

Attachments

• update suzuki_liana.7z.txt
    70.8 KB · Views: 530
Hi @alekbul
don't know if its me, but when I try to use this car, I get errors with the tyre model, Content Manager says the tyre model is out of date and there is no information available to fix it

Hello. I don't have any outside sound. Is it just me? Thanks
Hi, not only you - the car is an old mod (prior v1.9.3 of Assetto Corsa) To fix the sound I recommend using Content Manager to replace the sound and use some from the Kunos racing cars as donor so that later you don`t run into the problem of having two different cars with one ID for the sound which leaves them mute when loaded in one grid. Or if you are handy with FMOD then use this tip and change the GUID of the modded soundbank

Can someone explain in a clear way how to get external cameras to produce the sound of this car. It is silent On trackside cameras.

Also why the error when installing it. It says the tires are missing, fix it?
How do we install the accurate tires?

error when installing it. It says the tires are missing
Try installing the car by opening the archive from Mega and dragging from it the folder "suzuki_liana" into the "..\content\cars\" of the game. Then drop all from "TG suzuki_liana.7z" into the "..\content\cars\suzuki_liana\".

How do we install the accurate tires?
In the "TG suzuki_liana.7z" there are two additional 7z files. If you replace the "data.acd" with one of the additional packed ones you can choose between the new standard v10 or the old v3 sets of tires. Restart CM after you replace the files in Windows Explorer.

how to get external cameras to produce the sound of this car
This mod has an old sound bank and because of that it has the external sound missing. That can be fixed if you choose to replace the sound of the mod car with Content Manager. As source "Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016" can give you interesting results. If not - source "Mazda MX5 ND" always provides a good japanese 4-pot sound.

Last edited:
Although it`s not very useful pushing this engine to it`s redline I corrected an issue with the damage from high RPM. Other change: v3 tyres now work with ProTyres
View attachment 325630
Open the "update suzuki_liana.7z.txt" with the 7z File Explorer and extract "data.acd" and the two other ".7z" in your "..\AssettoCorsa\content\cars\suzuki_liana\" folder replacing the old files. The one in the new package is on v10 tyres.

Have fun!
Why is there a blank data.acd included next to the v3 and v10 tires? Is the blank one v7.5 tires?

Why is there a blank data.acd included next to the v3 and v10 tires? Is the blank one v7.5 tires?
"Blank data.acd" having 0 bytes of data would prevent the car from loading.
There is data.acd with either v3 or v10 tires and all else in the two variants is the same.

Last edited:
"Blank data.acd" having 0 bytes of data would prevent the car from loading.
There is data.acd with either v3 or v10 tires and all else in the two variants is the same.
Oh ok. I meant blank as in unknown version. It just said data.acd while the other two were in folders named v3 and v10.

Which do you think is more accurate to the real car? V3 or v10 tires. I did a 1.41.3 with the v10 tires and I m not that great a driver. I will try with v3 as well. But what is the main difference between these tires in your view?

Last edited:
what is the main difference between these tires
The main differences between old and new tires is the grip fall-off when the tire overheats. When you drive aggressively on a tight course the old v3 tires allow more laps at near optimal grip than the v10 tires.
I did a 1.41.3 with the v10 tires and I m not that great a driver.
The front wheel drive of this light and underpowered car means that driver need to keep the momentum as much as possible - late braking, ideal race line at traction limit, careful but aggressive power out, no skidding at all. That is why the F1 pilots lap board of Top Gear was so interesting. That said - driving the real Liana on Dunsfold surely is much more difficult than the mod in AC. I often manage 1.42 in Hotlap and that doesn't make me Lewis Hamilton II.

Last edited:
The main differences between old and new tires is the grip fall-off when the tire overheats. When you drive aggressively on a tight course the old v3 tires allow more laps at near optimal grip than the v10 tires.

The front wheel drive of this light and underpowered car means that driver need to keep the momentum as much as possible - late braking, ideal race line at traction limit, careful but aggressive power out, no skidding at all. That is why the F1 pilots lap board of Top Gear was so interesting. That said - driving the real Liana on Dunsfold surely is much more difficult than the mod in AC. I often manage 1.42 in Hotlap and that doesn't make me Lewis Hamilton II.
Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate it. I'm surprised there isn't more love for the old top gear F1 times. The track seems to be near laser scanned.

But yeah like I said before the car appears to be far to good on the brakes. It slows down like a Tesla. No drama. The real car I highly doubt would have been so stable

the car appears to be far to good on the brakes. It slows down like a Tesla. No drama. The real car I highly doubt would have been so stable
The most probable reason for the faster times in the sim I think is the ideal gearbox. The gear changes in the real car with an old manual gearbox are much slower. When each gear change adds >0.05 s the lap times become closer to the real ones. Sure, the brakes are too perfect also - real hydraulic system is not that fast to engage and reach maximum power. I have plenty of IRL experience with both of these old car quirks.

The most probable reason for the faster times in the sim I think is the ideal gearbox. The gear changes in the real car with an old manual gearbox are much slower. When each gear change adds >0.05 s the lap times become closer to the real ones. Sure, the brakes are too perfect also - real hydraulic system is not that fast to engage and reach maximum power. I have plenty of IRL experience with both of these old car quirks.
Ok sweet :)

But which of the tires is more accurate you think in terms of slip angles?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 505 39.0%