TAB=GENERIC
NAME=Steer Assist
MIN=70
MAX=150
STEP=3
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=4
HELP=HELP_STEER_ASSIST

gives not an effect of modifying the "STEER_ASSIST" in "car.ini" but the "[GAMMA] VALUE=" in "ff_post_process.ini" from "...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\".

What`s the catch here? Useful for those people that don`t know how to set the deadzone compensation? Changing option in game to less than "100" only tightens the center and on a properly set up wheel that`s just plain ugly. On the other end of scale, creating a deadzone in such way is equally plain ugly (but not immediately tangible). Maybe for a small group of people who use LUT for correcting wheel`s linearity and want to mix it with some gamma for the car`s FFB it will work, butt for the majority it`s useless.

Last edited:
screwing with these Kunos cars

Hi. found something interesting on Maserati 250F - steering is way off in the Kunos cars both on linearity and speed. Should I do all the corrections and upload on RD? "Half a turn - no biggie" you might say, but that correction only is enough to remove the yaw wobble that plagues the Kunos car. What`s biggie is the weight distribution - Kunos got it reversed and that makes it whole different car in the basics. And rims, tyres - sizes all smaller than the real ones, which you can realize even not reading the data. And the fuel tank - 20 cm higher than the real one. Totalmass of Kunos car - smaller by >12 %. Etc. etc.
250F.jpg

Kunos:
def 250F.jpg

Edited:
250F new.jpg

Last edited:
Where is the original Praga ? (this is the Update, i need the car too). Thank you!
It's included in the Triple Pack DLC

Just tried this out, a couple of points: The gear ratios of stock R1 are unsuited to this version with all the extra horsepower. With gears adjusted to max length, with max aero, the car hits the limiter on 6th gear on any track with a bit of straight. Also clutch doesn't work.

I'm getting error from CM when I launch single player, practice, 'Driver model is probably missing'.

Here are the contents of my Driver3d.ini found in the data folder.

[MODEL]
NAME=driver
POSITION=0, 0, 0

[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=180

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=150
POSITIVE_TIME=300
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=300
PRELOAD_RPM=8000
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

[HEAD_MOVEMENT]
FILTER=0.150000
MAX_G=1.500000
ROLL_MAX_DEG=-8
PITCH_MAX_DEG=-7
YAW_MAX_DEG=12

error from CM

I have the same code and it's not the problem. Just in case take a look into "..\AssettoCorsa\content\driver\" and see if the file "driver.kn5" is there. It is the standard model from Kunos, the same as in the standard Praga. Does the standard car load ok?
To my surprise even after renaming or moving the file "driver.kn5" the game still loads fine so there is a failsafe built-in. The problem is elsewhere and I can't reproduce it on my PC.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 401 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 271 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 259 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 187 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 317 13.0%