Resource icon

Cars Physics reworked for Praga R1 2019-09-05

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

Physics reworked for Praga R1 - Praga R1 now fast as P1 GTR and with better feel

View attachment 323164The good little Praga deserves some upgrade. Now it can take on not only the "Superlights", but the heavyweights in AC too. And it will blow your mind in the process. In a good way :)

See what 1.0 bar of boost can do for a Renault F4R 1,998 cc engine in a 585 kg car.

Changes in physics - steering non-linear, no steering assist, suspension, drivetrain, alignment and setup updated. Aero not changed,...

Read more about this resource...

Why are you screwing with these Kunos cars? :O_o: Do you have more information about these cars than Kunos did? Are these changes based on real life data? :rolleyes:

more information about these cars than Kunos

Nope, it`s not intended as an insight on the real thing, but filling the void that`s felt every time I drove the Kunos car.

@cunnox : STEER_ASSIST mainly robs the FFB of all the small forces in an effort to limit the big ones caused by bumpsteer and that`s what I like to change. Pure FFB I can handle, so does the gaming gear. Drove the modded car full throttle @ Nordscleife and it felt amazingly close to what many cockpit view videos are showing - you fight the wheel like a kung-fu master almost all of the time.

Last edited:
cant load the car, i dont use the CM
everytime i try to load a session... the map loads normally, but...when the car loads it stops in the end and then it throws me in the main screen von AC where the car/map select is

Typically that
when the car loads it stops in the end and then it throws me in the main screen
means something vital is missing from your car`s files. Please repeat the creating of the new car`s folder, but first make sure your original works. If it`s broken, the new one can`t work either.

Typically that

means something vital is missing from your car`s files. Please repeat the creating of the new car`s folder, but first make sure your original works. If it`s broken, the new one can`t work either.

the original one works fine, and i repeated this 3 times now and it doesnt work...

i just deleted the data.acd file and switched the ui files and copied the data folder in ,just like in your guide
i really love the praga , i hope we can get it to work soon :)

the original one works fine, and i repeated this 3 times now and it doesnt work...

i just deleted the data.acd file and switched the ui files and copied the data folder in ,just like in your guide
i really love the praga , i hope we can get it to work soon :)
Sorry for the mishap! Now with the corrected files from attached 7z I hope it works. On my end it does - tested with original launcher just now. Rename your "ks_praga_r1_Radical" to "ks_praga_r1_turbo" and put in it "data", "ui" and "x.tuned".

Attachments

• ks_praga_r1_turbo.7z.txt
    245.8 KB · Views: 144
Rename your "ks_praga_r1_Radical" to "ks_praga_r1_turbo" and put in it "data", "ui" and "x.tuned".

i renamed my folder and the name in the UI..
sorry but i dont know what you exactly mean with this ? :O
what do i do with this new text file and where do i have to put this ? and where do i get the x.tuned file...u mean from the v8 version that is published ?

i renamed my folder and the name in the UI..
sorry but i dont know what you exactly mean with this ? :O
what do i do with this new text file and where do i have to put this ? and where do i get the x.tuned file...u mean from the v8 version that is published ?

It`s my bad, I`ll elaborate - the attached file "ks_praga_r1_turbo.7z.txt" from my previous post is the archive with the "data", "ui" and "x.tuned" which you need to put in the new car`s folder. Just save "ks_praga_r1_turbo.7z.txt" first, rename it to "ks_praga_r1_turbo.7z", open it and there you`ll find the three aforementioned. The name of the folder in which all of this car`s files have to be is now "ks_praga_r1_turbo" instead of "ks_praga_r1_Radical". At the end you should see this
Clipboard01.jpg

i dont know men...i do everything like u say but it still doesnt work...doesnt want to load even i did the exact same thing like u told me...

Does the car show up when you load it in "Showroom"? At this point I suspect there is more in your game`s folder than needed. Look carefully at the previous attachment, there must be only that, no "ks_praga_r1_Radical", just "ks_praga_r1_turbo" and the files in it.

it shows in the showroom, and i got every file in it still it wont load :/ i just dont get it ^^ other mods with the same installation hadnt such a problem

Now tested as much as possible on a multi-boot rig, the car works regardless if it`s independent from the parent Praga or not. I`m at a loss what else to suggest, never had such problem. If you manage to solve it, please share the info.

I suppose there is a sound bank error. I couldn´t first load the car either.
Fixed it with Content Manager by "replace sound" and selecting the ks_praga_r1.
But you can also fixed it manually. :)

Rename ..\sfx\ks_praga_r1.bank to ..\sfx\ks_praga_r1_turbo.bank
and put this GUIDs.txt in the sfx folder.
Hope this helps! :)

Attachments

• GUIDs.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 223
I suppose there is a sound bank error. I couldn´t first load the car either.
Fixed it with Content Manager by "replace sound" and selecting the ks_praga_r1.
But you can also fixed it manually. :)

Rename ..\sfx\ks_praga_r1.bank to ..\sfx\ks_praga_r1_turbo.bank
and put this GUIDs.txt in the sfx folder.
Hope this helps! :)

thank you so much that works!
this reminds me so much of the installation of the 919 EVO + the EVO X version
u have to do the same thing :D

Sorry, but you're simply wrong about the "steer assist". It's just a gamma for *load*.

You're getting gamma filtered FFB forces, not "pure" FFB.

A good advise to follow is given in this post

"Are you doing a F1/LMS or other VERY high downforce car designed in the last 10/15 years?
yes ? experiment with steer assist value below 1 only AFTER you've tuned the ffmult to give you a good range of forces in the -1..1 area
no? steer assist is 1"

This line from the developer is important too "0 will bypass the calculation, 1 will make it linear which is the same as no calculation".

Therein lies the rub... And the other thing that everybody seems to overlook - Ackermann. Those are the two that I look for first if I have a bad car in my hands. Modify FFMULT and then go again Ahvenisto 1.0 - track`s topology is savage and bloodthirsty as the Old Testament. There it quickly becomes obvious if suspension and FFB is good and if the street car really needs steering assist. Open wheel, LMP, F1, series GT - that`s a whole lotta different story for a very different track although principle for assessing the problem aplies the same .

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing