Resource icon

Misc Physics reworked for Mazda MX-5 Miata 2019-09-27

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

Physics reworked for Mazda MX-5 Miata - Progressive steering feel, no FFB clipping, and more..

Why improve the already most forgiving and balanced car in AC?
For once:
View attachment 326350
Marked is one of many large flat spots in the FFB of the car. This is correctable by using a custom level of say 70%. What`s not correctable that way is the too big turning circle, the high center of gravity, the wider tracks and the bigger drag. These combined produce somewhat clumsy MX-5 look-alike from Kunos. It is still enjoyable and sits well in the "Touristenfahrten" BTG mix:...

Read more about this resource...

did you dial back the brakes a bit? this is the only car in the game i tune the brake pressure down to 80% and its still way too sensitive. like to the point i Assetto Car Tuner'd my own JUST to do that.

did you dial back the brakes a bit? this is the only car in the game i tune the brake pressure down to 80% and its still way too sensitive. like to the point i Assetto Car Tuner'd my own JUST to do that.

From what I have as personal experience the brakes on the actual MX-5 ND are powerful and fast biting. Of course I could have done some tweaking to allow more modulation but it feels right to me as it is. Plus I rarely use "ctrl+A" to toggle the ABS on a modern street cars. My "el cheapo" pedals are to blame!
See, I got excuses. Just like a pro :laugh:

I'm getting a weird sound near red line before shifting. Is that normal?
That is what the official sound bank has for redline. The official car has it too but because of the lower limiter (6800 vs 7500) you may not have noticed. If you want to compare - CM Showroom > Car params > Engine sound and two sliders for Throttle and RPM. Both on max and you will hear the weird limiter. If you find that too irritating you can replace the sound of the mod car using CM.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back