physics iRacing vs Assetto vs Raceroom vs rF2

Ayem22

@Simberia
i find the physics very good in iRacing, AC and R3E feel more arcade, and rF2 is very good but the outdated graphics make this game just the past.

Opinions are like a$$ holes....everyone's got one and frankly all these youtube physic comparisons are a waste of time.
Why?
- Majority of these youtubers have little to no racing experience.
- Favortism towards "their" favorite sim
- personal ffb settings, and the fact that every wheel on the market feels different than the next.
- everyone's setup is different...vr, single screens, triple screens, cheap wheels, expensive wheels, motion sims etc
- not all sims have replicated or all the data for the actual tire compound used in rl.
- so much data missing or can't be simulated like g forces
- the only videos you should watch are by pro drivers but even than you need to take it with a grain of salt. Cause the majority are under contract by the car manufacturer to not say anything negative towards the brand and or are paid by the game developers.
Ex. The driver that posted a video comparing the gt3 mercedes in pc2 vs ac and said one was absolutely garbage and unrealistic removed his video shortly after.

When I was a beta tester for Raceroom I had the chance to participate in a few dev streams with pro drivers to promote upcoming content and the most eye opening comment I heard from one of the devs was....
The hardest part of developing physics for games is that you can take 2 pro drivers and put them in the EXACT same setups/conditions and they will give you completely different feedback on how the car should handle.
They have to take that info and find a happy medium.

That being said.....these sims are nothing more than video games, play what you enjoy!

Opinions are like a$$ holes....everyone's got one and frankly all these youtube physic comparisons are a waste of time.
Why?
- Majority of these youtubers have little to no racing experience.
- Favortism towards "their" favorite sim
- personal ffb settings, and the fact that every wheel on the market feels different than the next.
- everyone's setup is different...vr, single screens, triple screens, cheap wheels, expensive wheels, motion sims etc
- not all sims have replicated or all the data for the actual tire compound used in rl.
- so much data missing or can't be simulated like g forces
- the only videos you should watch are by pro drivers but even than you need to take it with a grain of salt. Cause the majority are under contract by the car manufacturer to not say anything negative towards the brand and or are paid by the game developers.
Ex. The driver that posted a video comparing the gt3 mercedes in pc2 vs ac and said one was absolutely garbage and unrealistic removed his video shortly after.

When I was a beta tester for Raceroom I had the chance to participate in a few dev streams with pro drivers to promote upcoming content and the most eye opening comment I heard from one of the devs was....
The hardest part of developing physics for games is that you can take 2 pro drivers and put them in the EXACT same setups/conditions and they will give you completely different feedback on how the car should handle.
They have to take that info and find a happy medium.

That being said.....these sims are nothing more than video games, play what you enjoy!

I fully agree with what you said and sign below. 90% of people who fiercely defend the physics of a simulator to the detriment of others in fact, are based on assumptions and have never actually driven a racing car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back