Physics for motion simulators / VR with mod tracks?

I'm looking at opening a race sim venue and am curious to know if user created tracks on AC will be fully compatible with motion sim platforms (6DOF). I guess it depends on how well the track is built and the quality of the 'physical mesh' but also I'd imagine most of the data is generated from the physics model of the car itself, and as long as the track has elevation and bumps well mapped the car will respond accordingly?

If anyone has experienced VR on mod tracks I'd be interested to know how well it works, and indeed if it's even compatible...

Any advice and insight gratefully appreciated, I'm not a techy just and enthusiast looking to set up a new business and bring sim racing to the masses :)

Haha thanks I'm aware of this that's why I'm looking into using AC as a platform as your commercial license is priced sensibly, unlike Pcars

Can you offer any advice re my query?

non laser scanned tracks might have less accuracy than scanned ones but that does not compromise the physical behavior of the car at all, so I wouldn't worry about it.
But again, have a very close look at the licenses issues.. as for the software, using a track or a car without appropriate license might result in problems down the line.

ok thank you for your advice, I will of course obtain a license to use all the tracks and cars (through Vesaro.com)

How about the VR element? Is it just official AC tracks that will be configured for VR? Or will anything modelled in 3D translate?

Wow what a contrast.... I've been exchanging emails this weekend with an incredibly helpful guy who has designed venue management software from scratch and who has kindly offered to meet me in person and share his knowledge. Then I log in to this forum and encounter a keyboard warrior with nothing helpful to say.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back