Physics Fine-Tuning MOD | 2017

MGP17 Physics Fine-Tuning MOD | 2017 2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi there! I've seen that you have added some new parameters to all the bikes in your last update in order to make them more unique and realistic (ThrottleLeanDeltaAngle, BrakeTimeFactor, LeanBaseTimeFactor and LeanLimit), that's brilliant... I wanted to make the Ducati slower in turns and I decreased the LeanLimit value, then I tested it and lap times and corner speed were the same as before... I decreased drastically the LeanLimit, result was the same... and so on... I don't know why LeanBaseTimeFactor works nice but LeanLimit/LeanAngleMaxDelta values don't change the bike's performance at all... corner speed is always the same :( So, any ideas to decrease Ducati's corner speed?

Hi there! I've seen that you have added some new parameters to all the bikes in your last update in order to make them more unique and realistic (ThrottleLeanDeltaAngle, BrakeTimeFactor, LeanBaseTimeFactor and LeanLimit), that's brilliant... I wanted to make the Ducati slower in turns and I decreased the LeanLimit value, then I tested it and lap times and corner speed were the same as before... I decreased drastically the LeanLimit, result was the same... and so on... I don't know why LeanBaseTimeFactor works nice but LeanLimit/LeanAngleMaxDelta values don't change the bike's performance at all... corner speed is always the same :( So, any ideas to decrease Ducati's corner speed?

Increase ThrottleLeanDeltaAngle and/or BrakeLeanDeltaAngle... They will make the bike open the trajectory in those specific cases, making you need to slow more to make the curve.

fWheelbase also makes this behavior, but affects other things too...

Yeah, but don't change the wheelbase. I mean, the Ducati actually has 1465mm so I put that one, no reasons to don't go for the realism. Same as lean angles, tyre grip, CG position.. ecc.
The other values are just to balance the bike.
"The Ducati is the best bike on throttle", but "the worst in rotating and pointing the front to the exit" (cit. Bradley Smith)

To be honest at the moment the MOD lacks in AI competition, so any improvement in that way without changing player's physics would be nice.
The physics is perfect imho, the bikes flow around the track like the real ones, it's just the AI to be dumb :mad:

To be honest at the moment the MOD lacks in AI competition, so any improvement in that way without changing player's physics would be nice.
The physics is perfect imho, the bikes flow around the track like the real ones, it's just the AI to be dumb :mad:

Yeah AI could definitely use some improvements, oddly it's only a few riders on certain tracks that offer actual difficulty in my experience, during my Moto3 carreer Mir was tough to beat in Losail, Oettl on Termas De Rio Hondo and Migno and Bulega were really strong in Jérez, however none of the AI presented any challenge in Austin, it was was a wet race aswell but the AI seemed to make a lot of mistakes and went way too wide in a lot of sections it was oddly entertaining and hilarious but not so much a challenge. Hopefully someone can find a way to actually make the AI more or less competitive during the dry races and especially in the wet, I always seem to get my ass handed to me in Quali though haha. However physics is incredible, I love the feel of the bikes.

I'm not sure if this will help you but for me it's working fine, to make AI go faster just give them more grip in the tyre physics. In my mod AI has more grip, less torque and less braking force and is still too strong for me (I had to decrease AI race performance from 1 to 0,98) so AI grip is the key. If you need more, give AI more braking force and more torque. I hope this helps.

Nice mod thanks for this! is there any xbox controller config cause with this mod i find it hard to brake from like max speed, i'm always falling down hehe.

Nice mod thanks for this! is there any xbox controller config cause with this mod i find it hard to brake from like max speed, i'm always falling down hehe.
You just need some practice. Take it easy, don't look at the laptimes, but be smooth and precise, you'll able to brake correctly and even do some tricky saves when the front washes out. Once you master the motogp rockets, you'll love them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%