Physics Fine-Tuning MOD | 2015

MGP15 Physics Fine-Tuning MOD | 2015 FINAL.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Had a lot of fun in Argentina ;)
QP is quite difficult because to be honest my pace is quite costant (1.38.low) but in QP AI makes 1.37 low so I'm screwed. In the race it was hard to come back but I eventually got 4th position at the last lap, first 3 were 7 seconds away I need to work harder...

I cannot do the do or die lap. Will have to find out something for the future

Had a lot of fun in Argentina ;)
QP is quite difficult because to be honest my pace is quite costant (1.38.low) but in QP AI makes 1.37 low so I'm screwed. In the race it was hard to come back but I eventually got 4th position at the last lap, first 3 were 7 seconds away I need to work harder...

I cannot do the do or die lap. Will have to find out something for the future

QP are my best lap times around the circuit, so from my point of view the 1.37 low is a massive challenge anyway but I can still do a 1.37.5

I tested a race in brno, my best time 54.0... out from the top ten in fp. Best time IA 53.0
Race 1st - my best time 54.4... Best time IA 55.3 What is my problem??

@Giovaneveterano I have been testing the latest version of your mod (first time ever with this mod) at Brno Circuit. 1.5 - 2 secs slower than the A.I. at moment. I like the feeling of braking, low siders and general bike behavior and I like the seamless gear shift, but I struggle in corner entry and exit with understeering and changing direction. Feels so heavy. Lose all my time in corners. Just cannot get a handle on it. Been trying the different soft/hard tyre variations, and that is another feature I like as well - tyres.
I know I have to get used to your mod first after months and months of playing mine and janzakspeed's version, almost like Miller coming from Moto3 to MotoGP, but I expected more from myself. Any tips on what to focus on in your mod - basically how to be efficient and fast?

@Giovaneveterano I have been testing the latest version of your mod (first time ever with this mod) at Brno Circuit. 1.5 - 2 secs slower than the A.I. at moment. I like the feeling of braking, low siders and general bike behavior and I like the seamless gear shift, but I struggle in corner entry and exit with understeering and changing direction. Feels so heavy. Lose all my time in corners. Just cannot get a handle on it. Been trying the different soft/hard tyre variations, and that is another feature I like as well - tyres.
I know I have to get used to your mod first after months and months of playing mine and janzakspeed's version, almost like Miller coming from Moto3 to MotoGP, but I expected more from myself. Any tips on what to focus on in your mod - basically how to be efficient and fast?
Dude first laps I was like +3 seconds...I just kept playing while adjusting the setting (try to tell the engineer you have understeer during cornering and change of direction is slow). Also I feel good with hard rear and front soft.
I was losing from AI at turns 5-6-7-8 (Brno)

You have to find the limit for each turn, like how much pressure on brakes. I can enter turn 1 at double speed of AI, but I have to be very careful at turn 10 (there is a huge bump) if you enter at more than 110Km/h than you are screwed. Believe me, if I go 120 /130 Km/h I crash.

Many MotoGp riders, after they crash, say "looking at datas I was just some degrees more leaned"or "I was 10 Km/h faster than previous lap" so you get the idea...

With this mod you have to be patience. Also, I suggest to make at least 50% distance because there is no way you can make a good race with 3-5 laps (not telling you, just a tip for the others)
I qualify very bad so I need laps to recover.

Good luck.

P.S. For giovaneveterano, yesterday after the race ended I saw one thing (when you finish the race you see yourself in 3rd view) when the front tyre turns, it turns like in real life. Not like in the default game, that turns jerkily. It's hard to explain but try this:
Stock game: go into a main straight and try to turn left and right. The front tyre moves like it's not attached to the ground. You cannot turn like that...
with mod: If you turn in the straight the tyre move slowly and smoothly

I will see if I can make a video. Or maybe it was just a coincidence and nothing as changed in that way. Need to recheck

Sorry for the long post!

To rkh: you have to focus on smoothness and setup.
Even on the crazy lap in Q2 you can't do it at the first attempt: tyres and brakes should be warmed up correctly and often you find yourself into the gravel because you've driven a little bit over the limit, no compromises with this mod.
Focus expecially on balance between understeer and rear sliding using different tyres (in Barcelona I found very comfortable on Hard front, Soft rear and a barely oversteering setup) and use a gentle touch of the front brake to make the bike change direction faster. During the race use mostly the harder tyre choice to have a big advantage in the final laps over the AI bikes and use a very steady setup: maybe 5 tenth slower but with a much more costant race pace.
Second tip: don't play in Mugello and Brno. Milestone have done a complete **** with those two tracks.
Under the "physics department" this game is really good (thanks to modding of course), but I have absolute no control on AI and that's a shame! Jonix, you are really good on modding the AI, you should focus on that for motogp 16 because I actually need your help for that.

To Jonix: I didn't nothing on purpose about the front tyre, it's just a coincidence!

Ok thanks for explain me, today i test it in another track. :)
I found another thing, if u use front brake during a corner u can increase a lot the leaning angle! So u can ride a lot faster, but this is unreal... Front brake during a turn = crash. There is something in the physics modification that allow more leaning angle when using front brake???
PS: the problem in turn 10 of brno is because AI can lean more than u and the only way to lean like AI is to touch front brake but this is strange

Ok thanks for explain me, today i test it in another track. :)
I found another thing, if u use front brake during a corner u can increase a lot the leaning angle! So u can ride a lot faster, but this is unreal...

That's right. Basically you are closing the front wheel and that's risky: faster lap time but if you close a little bit more you spend some time into the gravel.

I've done it on purpose: that's what happen in real life and it's the only way to have lowsides, but I admit it'll be better in my next mod for motogp 16

Hmm I think u are right... So in qualy u need to push like hell with a closing front and in race u can manage it to don't crash! You are nice person that admit that this isn't so good but I think too that is the only way, because milestone code sucks... :(

Hmm I think u are right... So in qualy u need to push like hell with a closing front and in race u can manage it to don't crash! You are nice person that admit that this isn't so good but I think too that is the only way, because milestone code sucks... :(

One thing I really hate is the AI splines on the straights. Look where they goes in real life!

That's happen because of two reasons:
  1. The faster the bike goes the less steering it has: at 300kph the bike goes straight away until it brakes and the front tyre gains grip again.
  2. The rider is tucked in and he can't put much weight on the other side of the bike to make it turn faster, he can only rotate the handlebar in the opposite direction to have a bit of gyroscopic effect
Even the way you control the bike in this game is wrong: with left/right of your pad you should move the RIDER, not the bike, because the rider is what makes the bike turning, and it could massively improve this game!

@Giovaneveterano having compared both of our mods, I firmly believe collaboration is the key. there are great aspects in both mods so why not combine them? i am about to test your tyrecatalog + seamless shifting with my mod and then go from there. i feel the A.I. works better in my mod. So, use my AI behavior. For example, I have no crashes in Brno or Mugello and the AI behaves "normal". In your mod as you mentioned yourself, Brno especially has issues. A.I. is more of a strong suit for me. So, I feel a hybrid version of our work could make for an even more complete mod in MotoGP 2016...

@Giovaneveterano having compared both of our mods, I firmly believe collaboration is the key. there are great aspects in both mods so why not combine them? i am about to test your tyrecatalog + seamless shifting with my mod and then go from there. i feel the A.I. works better in my mod. So, use my AI behavior. For example, I have no crashes in Brno or Mugello and the AI behaves "normal". In your mod as you mentioned yourself, Brno especially has issues. A.I. is more of a strong suit for me. So, I feel a hybrid version of our work could make for an even more complete mod in MotoGP 2016...

I agree with you but to be honest everyone has his own way to tune physics. I have mine and you have yours, but the final goal is to have the closest lap time to reality and a fine challenge against the AI.
Find a compromise in bike behaviur could be difficult anyway, even real riders have their own riding style and they make a 5km track with a difference of a few hundreds of a second.
AI is a complete different story: Milestone's AI is pure ****, any kind of improvement it's fine.
To be honest the best improvement so far was made by Jonix with the moto3 AI, I've never tested your AI but I'm nosy and I'll have a look right now

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%