Resource icon

Cars [PHYSICS] Boss 302 Laguna Seca & HPE650 data + CSP extension 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
aphidgod submitted a new resource:

[PHYSICS] Boss 302 Laguna Seca + HPE650 data + CSP extension - Physics and lighting update for A3DR

zh6Xdsu.jpg

Credits:
@aphidgod - physics, lighting tweaks
@AlleyViper - CSP extension file
@A3DR - lighting tweaks

Unfortunately we are unable to bring the full car back to RD by request of its owner, but for those of you who downloaded it during the year or so it was available and still have it, here's a physics update to bring everything in line with modern AC and the NFS cars. Also included...

Read more about this resource...

Wipers don't work, this car was made years before CSP was a thing... I can check the flames, but it probably shouldn't have any so I'll most likely just turn them off. :unsure:

Is that on both models or just the base or S1?

For the flames, looks like it was already like that before on s0/s1. Setting them to better coords doesn't do anything (-0.588,0.334,-2.303 and 0.588,0.334,-2.303 , p.e). That's probably why this was left unnoticed, as flames coming above the roof would be seen on previous night testing.

Last edited:
Oh, it was missing a trigger on sounds.ini.
So if you replace those coords on flames.ini and add something like [BACKFIRE] | MAXGAS=0.65 on sounds.ini , the blue tinted flames (as set over the original texture on flame_presets.ini) will work.

TBF, most likely they were just left disabled given that this is a road car, and there's a big chance their current state isn't the final form as intended.
Screenshot_a3dr_boss302_laguna_seca_endlessfloor_2-8-120-0-9-37.jpgScreenshot_a3dr_boss302_laguna_seca_endlessfloor_2-8-120-0-10-58.jpgScreenshot_a3dr_boss302_laguna_seca_endlessfloor_2-8-120-0-13-5.jpg

@aphidgod sorry for the tag, it's just to let you know this post was updated
edit: they should be adjusted a bit more to the inside of the pipes until the larger flames are near clipping on top. Changed coords on previous post. Offsets for the smaller flames would have to be adjusted too, they don't come so much on the outside, larger ones are ok.

Last edited:
aphidgod updated [PHYSICS] Boss 302 Laguna Seca & HPE650 data + CSP extension with a new update entry:

Up to spec.

This update brings the Boss up to the same level of detail as the NFS cars with yaw drag, recalculated brakes and completely reworked tires. In addition to that the springs & ARBs were rechecked against new data and recalculated for both variants and the rear geometry (thanks @Kyuubeey ) was reworked to account for a couple of AC's idiosyncrasies.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Really appreciate your continuing support of this outstanding car. It's unfortunate that the owner isn't aware that the car is readily available from many different places. There's really no point in continuing to pretend it's "private" or trying to keep it out of peoples hands.

It was released. It'll never be "private" again. That's sort of how the Internet works.

Yeah, I agree. I don't really see the point. Once it exists it always exists... But it's Ron's car, he paid us for our work and he can call the shots as he sees fit. I can't fault him for his choice.

I will, however, continue to provide updates and support as AC progresses for those who downloaded it while it was public. :)

aphidgod updated [PHYSICS] Boss 302 Laguna Seca & HPE650 data + CSP extension with a new update entry:

Recalculated Many Things

Changelog

Physics

• recalculated vehicle inertia (again)
  • calculated engine inertia
  • entirely new tire load sensitivity curves (again)
  • recalculated unsprung mass (f/r) from real part weights
  • reworked aerodynamic model slightly
  • smoothed out low end torque
  • adjusted brake heating & bias at low pedal pressure
  • HPE650 setup adjusted to better match new inertias

They're probably now about as "calculated" as I'm going to get them short of having...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back