Resource icon

Cars [PHYSICS] 1980 Honda Prelude data update 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
aphidgod submitted a new resource:

[PHYSICS] 1980 Honda Prelude data update - It's still slow.

wd1tLqI.jpg

Here's another one from the "ongoing support" pile...

This is a complete physics overhaul for @A3DR 's old Prelude. Much like the Boss 302 LS this one is no longer (officially) available for download, but now anyone who still has it from back in the day can enjoy the... considerable advances I've made with physics in the last 5 years. :laugh:

To install, simply copy the contents of this zip file into your cars folder. If you...

Read more about this resource...

Hello Jason,
Just recently got my T300 working again, and love the feel of your physics in Daniel's NFS cars. In particular I was surprised how supple they ride/drive with the ride frequency below 2.0 Hz. "Deliciously freshing"!!
Now back to the Prelude, from what you wrote you spent like 5 years on the physics. My question is WHY? What made you so passionate about Prelude?

I am asking from the point of view of an enthusiast, a wannabe chassis engineer, newbie suspension tuner in AC, ex-AutoXer with E stock AW11, had an Prelude in the family. ( I guess I wonder why is Prelude is getting your love, why not an AW11. I have been tweaking it for a couple of years, just the suspension.)
Looking forward to your response.

Last edited:
It was the WRX that I actually spent 5 years working on, and there were a number of reasons for that... not least of which was that the real car kept changing (moar parts!) over the years and I had to adjust the sim to suit.

What I meant here is that I've simply gotten better data & better processes through years of practice and I'm generally just better at making cars now than I was 5 years prior, when we first released this thing. I felt it was time to update it to incorporate all of that growth. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 248 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years