[PHYSICS] 1937 Mercedes W125 Grand Prix data update

Cars [PHYSICS] 1937 Mercedes W125 Grand Prix data update 0.92

Login or Register an account to download this content
"100% grip" in AC just means "no adjustment to the coefficient defined in the track data files" so it really doesn't mean much by itself. As for how much grip was available on tarmac laid in the 30s... I really don't know. I'd expect modern construction methods to have yielded some improvements but the materials are probably fairly similar?

Would be an interesting* thing to read up on if resources are out there.

* - to a, um, particular kind of nerd. :unsure:

I have very detailed information regarding the materials and construction used in the resurfacing of the Solitude circuit in 1956, if that would be in any way comparable.

Bremgarten was notorious for it's low grip, although that may be in part due to poor weather and over-hanging trees lining the circuit.

Good Evening Aphidgod
At some point could you take a look at the windscreen and sort it so rain drops appear on it please, no rush just if and when. I love this car :) keep up the superb work.

Nope. That's model stuff. (Addendum: if we can sort it in the config, then sure. But I don't have the power to make any changes to the model if it needs them.)

Last edited:
kFZ4um0.jpg

I have encountered a crash after the latest update, is this something that is unique to me or has there been anyone else encountering this problem? I am have tried it on the Goodwood Hillclimb track, Bremgarten, and a few vanilla AC tracks and it is still doing it.

if it helps this is the error message

Error might have something to do with:

AC\caravatar.cpp (2188): CarAvatar::setVisible
AC\mirrortexturerenderer.cpp (115): MirrorTextureRenderer::render
AC\sim.cpp (2558): Sim::renderScene
AC\game.cpp (275): Game::render
AC\game.cpp (126): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

Do you guys think it's huge sacrilege, blasphemy, crime against humanity or whatever, to have this car in not-silver? I tried painting it a few different colors but I'm not sure what to think of it tbh.
__custom_showroom_1626189222.jpg
And yes the grille should be silver, but the mapping on that part is a tad wonky (edit: I figured out how do do it)

Last edited:
Do bear in mind that this thing was reputed to have weighed in at 749.5kg out of a maximum 750... and that a coat of paint weighs at least a couple kg. :D

(And yeah, I know the car mass is higher than that, but it was a weird limit. That 750kg was specified without fuel, fluids, driver, tires.... it's listed at 1097kg ready to race with 240l fuel and a driver.)

Do you guys think it's huge sacrilege, blasphemy, crime against humanity or whatever, to have this car in not-silver? I tried painting it a few different colors but I'm not sure what to think of it tbh.
From the standpoint of historical accuracy, yes it's sacrilege, especially since back then the colours denoted the constructors nationality. You could however plead special circumstances and say the colours show the driver's nationality since that also was a thing back then. So you'd have one from Italy, one from Britain, one from France and one that doesn't exist :)

You could however also say that it's a game, and you can paint your W125 however you want, since the FIA mandates for colours don't exist anymore :)

BTW, did you know that the W125 with its biggest engine used 100 liters of fuel (ethanol-acetone) per 100 kilometers? Modern day roadcars use ~6-7 liters per 100 km. Quite a thirsty little thing that I-8 engine :)

Last edited:
You could however plead special circumstances and say the colours show the driver's nationality since that also was a thing back then.
It did happen once that a Mercedes driver, a german driver just to clarify, painted his car red to avoid being thrown stones at by the italian spectators at the Targa Florio. Apparently, it did happen a couple times that they stoned every car passing by that wasn't red. Don't remember the exact year this happened, but it was during the '30es.

Also, Caracciola competed in a white (his national colour back then, before silver) Alfa at Monaco in 1932.

Last edited:
This car and Gary Paterson's Auto Union, complete with Nicecuppatea's 1923 driver model are just a thing of beauty on the historic AC tracks; really captures the classic look and feel of these cars.
How did you switch the model, it didn't work the usual way I do it with an ext_config.ini

This car and Gary Paterson's Auto Union, complete with Nicecuppatea's 1923 driver model are just a thing of beauty on the historic AC tracks; really captures the classic look and feel of these cars.
How did you switch the model out? I tried but it didn't work with the usual ext_config.ini

How did you switch the model out? I tried but it didn't work with the usual ext_config.ini
Once you've installed the driver model into the driver root folder, you'll need to unpack the car's data, and edit the Driver3D INI file so that the targeted driver model matches the name of the driver model that you wish to use.

By default this car uses the Kunos 1960's driver model. To use Nicecuppatea's 1920's driver model you need to change "driver_60" to "driver_23", then change the object ID's for the elements to hide driver's face and helmet in first person.

I'll reply in a spoiler so not to clutter this thread, and given that this approach won't be needed:
This way you can write in a config file the same as you would in a \data\driver3d.ini, by prefixing DRIVER3D_ to the same sections:
Code:
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME=driver_23

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:FLYING_HELMET

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GOGGLES

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE
You'll still need driver_23.kn5 present under assettocorsa\content\driver

(A small cosmetic note, having "Mercedes" instead of "Mercedes-Benz" (like ks content uses) as the ui_car.json brand can cause 2 brands to be listed under CM)

Last edited:
I'll reply in a spoiler so not to clutter this thread, and given that this approach won't be needed:
This way you can write in a config file the same as you would in a \data\driver3d.ini, by prefixing DRIVER3D_ to the same sections:
Code:
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME=driver_23

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:FLYING_HELMET

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GOGGLES

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE
You'll still need driver_23.kn5 present under assettocorsa\content\driver
Thanks! Although I didn't need to prefix the DRIVER3D, all I had to do was change driver_60 to driver_23, the helmet to the flying helmet, and the goggles. it worked like a charm

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 290 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%