Tracks Phillip Island Circuit [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to stop this now guys.

i wont stand for bullying. Let this be a warning to all.

We have made our stance quiet clear over the last few day on this subject.
for any that have not read it

If a member or person want to get in touch with RD to say that his content is in our database for download without his/her permission, they can do and we will act accordingly.
And only the owner of the content and nobody else can do this.
We are not preprepared to discuss somebody else's content.
We have Stated our policy plain and simple for all to understand.
Terms ans Service agreement

Now let this be a end to it please.!!!
We have nothing more to say on the matter.

Last edited:
Aspect thank you for sharing your track conversion with us, I wish I had the knowledge and the time to convert those myself. I own those track from other games I purchased and I wish I could try them in AC, a least until Kunos release their version.
I appreciate that you never pretended to create those, it was clear to me since day one that you are using the modified blender to get those track converted.
I have no doubt that if the original author were unhappy about what you are doing they would let you know and/or the web host and this would stop. With all the police around here, no doubt that they have made aware of what is happening here.
I hope you don't give up and will not accept to be bullied except if the legitimate creator of those let you know ( and us) that they disagree with you sharing their work.

If a member or person want to get in touch with RD to say that his content is in our database for download without his/her permission, they can do and we will act accordingly.

Bullying? People air their disappointment and they are labelled bullies yet you support someone ripping off someone else's hard work?

You guys know this is not right but you'll bury your head in the sand and pretend its ok because the original creator has not tracked you down out of thousands if not millions of download sites to register his complaint.

Bullying? People air their disappointment and they are labelled bullies yet you support someone ripping off someone else's hard work?

I hate to get into an argument like this but in no way did RD say they were supporting the 'ripped' tracks. Yes this guy's tracks are probably conversions, but hell, they're fun and he is putting in controversial work to convert them. Yes he didn't originally make them and this should be the point of the argument. Not that RD is supporting ripped conversions.

I have fear, when i am shared tracks . Willow Springs {wip} :(
xGcipaA.jpg

@aspec7878,
If I could make a suggestion, it would be in your best interests and the interests of many AC fans to actually secure the permissions from the original owner/creator of the tracks you wish to convert. The reason for this is to protect you and RD from the inevitable barrage of abuse that always seems to fly about in regards conversions of tracks/mods etc.

If you cant find the original creator, which is often the case, then don't convert the track for everyone, just do it for yourself and your friends. This way you and your friend get to have all the fun, without the abuse and RD staff don't have to constantly repeat themselves over their stance on converted material.

I personally can see both sides of the coin here, but it seems that unless the original creator copyrighted their material, there's really not much anyone can really do about it in a legal sense, and to take you to court over intellectual property theft would cost more than it's worth. So essentially this debate/arguement boils down to a code of conduct within the modding community and asking permission is showing respect for the creators original work.

Cheers for the work you've done so far, but please give the above some thought ;):D

:):thumbsup:
@aspec7878,
If I could make a suggestion, it would be in your best interests and the interests of many AC fans to actually secure the permissions from the original owner/creator of the tracks you wish to convert. The reason for this is to protect you and RD from the inevitable barrage of abuse that always seems to fly about in regards conversions of tracks/mods etc.

If you cant find the original creator, which is often the case, then don't convert the track for everyone, just do it for yourself and your friends. This way you and your friend get to have all the fun, without the abuse and RD staff don't have to constantly repeat themselves over their stance on converted material.

I personally can see both sides of the coin here, but it seems that unless the original creator copyrighted their material, there's really not much anyone can really do about it in a legal sense, and to take you to court over intellectual property theft would cost more than it's worth. So essentially this debate/arguement boils down to a code of conduct within the modding community and asking permission is showing respect for the creators original work.

Cheers for the work you've done so far, but please give the above some thought ;):D
Well @aspec7878 can i be your fried then? I really enjoy your tracks

And only the owner of the content and nobody else can do this.
We are not preprepared to discuss somebody else's content.
We have Stated our policy plain and simple for all to understand.
Terms ans Service agreement

Now let this be a end to it please.!!!
We have nothing more to say on the matter.
Toooooo Damn Right !!!!!!!

seriously, who among us has the copyright of any real circuit created? nobody, so I dont know what we are discussing. Only someone who had paid license to recreate a circuit can complain to "stolen/copied job", everything else is altruism. full stop

seriously, who among us has the copyright of any real circuit created? nobody, so I dont know what we are discussing. Only someone who had paid license to recreate a circuit can complain to "stolen/copied job", everything else is altruism. full stop
I agree for the most part though a common curtesy out of respect is a nice thing to do.

Last edited:
i dont get y all u people chat **** that no one wants to hear........................... i was looking for comments on the track not copyrights. u guys need a site to chat the **** u do and leave this for downloading mods... we dont need no if u think its wrong....... download it well u can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%