F1 2010 Petition to remove physic mods from site

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all, since finding out there is no anticheat or mismatch feature in f1 2010 i think its best to remove all mods which alter the gameplay so to not spread use of cheating online. What you think?

@MRGEEUNIT: why the huge anger and CAPS. It's a forum and here you can discuss the game (pros and cons) in a respectable way, so the shouting and rudeness is not needed.

The OP might have an opinion different to yours, but at least he stayed polite.

Mods/Hacks like in the video posted aren't nice and it is obviously unfair if someone can use it in online racing, but mods are part of PC gaming, they are part of the community that supports a game, they improve the game for many and for some the only reason they play, so i don't think that it is a good idea to ban mods/physics mods.

Race in organised races with websites such as this if you really want clean cheat free racing, as cheats or not the public games will be full of players ready to smash you off the track at the first chance.

Alot of good comments and opinions here, and im actually starting to see the other side of the argument as others have mentioned things like "if we ban these mods,, its hurting the people who use them for singlplayer" etc.. i guess its true that either side will end up not being happy so ill just need to wish for CM to make some anticheat for online.
Not often i change my opinion on something on a public forum haha very nice comments/arguments indeed :)

Cheers

Gotta say the tire compound mod has saved the game for me. Though it seems it might add too much grip overall, the car feels a bit more natural.

Having the ability to mod the game should be seen as an additional feature for RD races imo. I know for many of the GTR evo events, i had to dl the car/track that day to race, but it was fun trying something new.

Who knows, maybe in the future we get 1970's grip level mods and then we can race those on the club races. I'm all for variety. This is a game after all. for pure competition i look to other games :D

....I guess its true that either side will end up not being happy so ill just need to wish for CM to make some anticheat for online.
Not often i change my opinion on something on a public forum...
Cheers
The fact that the problem is largely due to CM not recognising that some people would cheat on-line, and failing to provide any anti-cheat measures is agreed by almost all the posters in this thread, so it is to CM direct that you should take your complaints, and not the creators of physics mods designed (when used properly) to help off-liners get a better feel of the track.
Carefully select your on-line competitors and you should have no problems with the cheats.

Colin

Just went round Monza in 2.361seconds (no aids of course). Is this a lap record. :D:D:wink:

I really do hope Cm lock this game up again, there is enough modding platforms.
Just tried the no head wobble in cockpit view, makes it alot easier imo. Defo more consitent and its not even physics.

Am I really the only one that says no to imo the "i know it better then CM" attitude of a lot of these mods?
And how about copywright? Is it even legal to decrypt files edit them as you please and distribute them?

A Williams with a ferrari engine mod....c'mon on.. really people support this?

Pickup racing indeed is dead in this game, but iam really glad RD excists and has a nice bunch of fair players to race with.

And yes i think this thread is usefull as some here do express there thoughts in a very mature way.

I'm fine with mods. It's too bad CM didn't do enough to get this game locked up for online.

There are certain things CM couldn't do (didn't have the time? budget?) that the modders can. I don't feel that it's a "i know it better then CM" thing because there are parts of the game that needed some changing to match real F1. If people want to play their Williams with a Ferrari engine offline, why should it matter to anyone?

CM did mention that they will be looking into fixing online so it's all up to them at this point.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%