F1 2010 Petition to remove physic mods from site

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all, since finding out there is no anticheat or mismatch feature in f1 2010 i think its best to remove all mods which alter the gameplay so to not spread use of cheating online. What you think?

If on multiplayer and time trial we don't have exactly the same game and same car's performances it's bad. :frown:
(private leagues and private room why not)
That will be like rFactor with all the mods and modified files in the game, you never know if a guy is really fast or if his game is set and optimized perfectly.
Instead of creating setups and learn tracks, I see now it's better to be computer engineer.

rfactor has a mismatch system in place to kick anyone who joins room/server with someone with a file different from what is on server.

• Alex Guehennec

As I remember you could change .plr and ffb and things like that to modify response grip etc.. , and tons of mods to optimized the game without issues
I just wonder how can guys doing time trial on Monza the lap in 0'59'000 sec on F1 2010

Pretty naieve to think in rfactor nobody cheats, in every (race) game there is cheating going on. Do you really think that if we disable the tyres mod (that get less grip = slower) that the whole world will stop cheating?

Cheating exist because some people's ego is too big, and they need to have that confirmed by cheating. Giving them attention, like with this thread, is exactly why they do it.

Just ignore those people and enjoy your game.

As I remember you could change .plr and ffb and things like that to modify response grip etc.. , and tons of mods to optimized the game without issues
I just wonder how can guys doing time trial on Monza the lap in 0'59'000 sec on F1 2010

Its the tyre tool available, been edited to 1000% grip. Video is on youtube.

Pretty naieve to think in rfactor nobody cheats, in every (race) game there is cheating going on. Do you really think that if we disable the tyres mod (that get less grip = slower) that the whole world will stop cheating?

Cheating exist because some people's ego is too big, and they need to have that confirmed by cheating. Giving them attention, like with this thread, is exactly why they do it.

Just ignore those people and enjoy your game.

As i said, i know cheating goes on and always will. But even rfactor has a simple mistmatch system to catch the MAJORITY of them, f1 2010 is open and free for all to edit and compete how they like. And im not trying to give them attention, im trying to save the game i love from dying, and thats what is going to happen to the online mode. Watch this space....

Very surprised by the attitude towards this by members and admins here to be honest, would of thought this to be a big subject and action would of been taken to prevent the spread of tools which can ruin this game.

Cheers

• Alex Guehennec

Sage advice Bram, i'll try to do that ,)
For example I stopped playing cod6 because everytime guys kill you trough walls or have infiny weapons, what a pity

Has nothing to do with attitude Dave but you are addressing this to the wrong people. RD neither its members make the game. Codemasters does. So if you want to have anti-cheat protection you should ask them to have it implemented in the game and ill be the first one that cheers if they do, as I hate unfair play as much as everybody does, don't get me wrong on this please.

But a tyre mod that gives you less grip won't affect any online racing. However some wizkid that wants extra speed will build it in any way, regardless what we think or do.

Solution to cheating is to play with friends. And that is exactly what we do here at RD. Race in a safe environment and we have been offering that for the last four years with success for various games.

As far as I recall we only had to kick one player once because of cheating (and trolling, hacking, and what not more)

Has nothing to do with attitude Dave but you are addressing this to the wrong people. RD neither its members make the game. Codemasters does. So if you want to have anti-cheat protection you should ask them to have it implemented in the game and ill be the first one that cheers if they do, as I hate unfair play as much as everybody does, don't get me wrong on this please.

But a tyre mod that gives you less grip won't affect any online racing. However some wizkid that wants extra speed will build it in any way, regardless what we think or do.

Solution to cheating is to play with friends. And that is exactly what we do here at RD. Race in a safe environment and we have been offering that for the last four years with success for various games.

As far as I recall we only had to kick one player once because of cheating (and trolling, hacking, and what not more)

I only posted here as RD has become the place to go for F1 2010, and all who come will be able to download physic/tyre/grip editors etc. I just thought if we cut it out in a popular site then it would slow down the spread of it. And you are right, the the odd wizzkid will edit physics etc, but that same wizzkid will also release that mod on THIS website which will be free for all to download and use online. You see where im coming from?

Cheers

Some physics mod saved my interest for this game... I use mod which reduces tyre grip and actually increases my lap times (for example in Monaco) from 1:16:something to 1:18:something (career mode)... But this mod makes the game so much more realistic (not that I know how a real F1 car handles), but maybe not so much realistic, but these mods made the game ENJOYABLE (for me)... The biggest improvement is opposite lock adjustment... Now you can control opposite lock... So, to make the point, these mods make me SLOWER for about 2,5 seconds a lap... Don't get me wrong, but I couldn't care less for online use (or miss-use), that is the problem of CM online servers... If CM made online game mode that allows mods, or cheats, that's a big issue for online gamers... But I bet they made (some) protection... ALL THIS WHINING FROM THE COMMUNITY, FOR MODS, and now you whine to remove them... C'mon...

This game was very dissapointing when it came out, i say thank god for modders.
And you don't have to use the mods, stop moaning, and some people have gone to a lot of trouble to make the game more realistic for us.Yippee i say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But if it's online your on about yes all should be equal!!!!!!!!!

And you don't have to use the mods, stop moaning, and some people have gone to a lot of trouble to make the game more realistic for us.Yippee i say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have totally missed the point.
The OP was "moaning" at other people using physics mods and cheating, ruining the game on-line for honest players, so obviously he doesn't use them. His point is that no one else should use them on-line to gain an unfair advantage, and if they are unavailable on major sites then less will use them (hopefully). This he has made clear in later posts. Maybe you think cheating on-line is OK. Most don't.
The fact that it is CM's fault for allowing cheats on-line is the problem, which would allow off-line players the freedom to mod the physics to their hearts content, but not on-line..

Eh i will just say i, i have not looked but i am reasonably sure there are probably multiple trainers out for the game already that do different things. Mod tools are out where anyone with a little poking can set tire grip down or up all they want. Most of the tire and physics mods on this site look to make the game more real by lowering the grip and downforce factors. So most of the mods off here would hurt your lap times vs people using the vanilla game. Single player mods should be that sp, your pretty much ruining your mp already by modding the heck out of the game. How are you going to level the playing field even when playing with friends you might have different mods and assist settings. So we going to list every mod that player 1 is using vs player two to see if the field is even? These could be fov mods, physics, etc, that give one player an advantage over another. Being that the game is not officially designed to handle mods and the like and is more or less hacked, then it was inevitable that issues like this would arise. But pandoras box is opened and for most of the people on here at lest i think they want a more real sim rather than the arcade game they got, i do not see too many of them making the game easier just to cheat an advantage in mp. And even if you did ban them here the easy mods would just crop up other places like cheathappens and on and on, ton of places you can get tools and trainers and cheat hints after all. So i think the genie is already out of the bottle and gone, cm dropped the ball a bit by not adding anti cheat or file checking protection for mp games and stop to consider that their game was not going to be that hard to mod, or that people would just be hacking memory addresses to change values, and seemingly to leave it up to the honor system. Bottom line race with friends and people you know and cheating should be eliminated or cut way way down. You race with random people you not only get cheaters anyway but the people that will wreck you if they losing or quit out the race early if they way behind. Played too many online games with random people where bad or unsportsman like behavior was the norm, or they were just totally awful at driving games.

As I said before, the majority understand where your coming from but it’s a bit harsh to ban something because it ruins your game and never mind if enhance the experience for anyone else. I know that sounds bad but in essence that is what you’re saying. There has been many past racing games that have had mod made to change grip levels according to era or to make it more realistic. Most of them the servers would catch, or special servers where setup to accommodate specific files. This is a CM issue not a forum issue, they need to get their act together and let the rest mod to their hearts content. Once you start banning or adding restraints then the community will die.

That my opinion.

After alot of reading and responses I do feel that indeed banning something aint the way either.
I do feel sympathy for what he's saying at some level, as it does ruin alot for general pickup racing.

Racing here has never been an issue and not participating here because there is no anti cheat is way to harsh a response. To still enjoy your game go do races in places like RD, i never fail to see myself comming back to these places if i start racing a game again. Never had a cheater in any session when driving with RD club events.

• MRGEEUNIT

TELL ME , WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH, DONT LIKE THE MOD, THEN DONT DOWNLOAD IT.....

WOW MAN....

I VOTED NO, AND ILL SOON MAKE A PETITION TO REMOVE YOU FROM THE FORUM AS WELL.......................

TELL ME , WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH, DONT LIKE THE MOD, THEN DONT DOWNLOAD IT.....

WOW MAN....

I VOTED NO, AND ILL SOON MAKE A PETITION TO REMOVE YOU FROM THE FORUM AS WELL.......................

That is an exceptionally rude first post. I voted no as well, but I also read some of this thread, which it seems you have not.

• MRGEEUNIT

That is an exceptionally rude first post. I voted no as well, but I also read some of this thread, which it seems you have not.

even if its my first post, im still always around, and im getting tired of whiners....

they think you can cheat online with this mod?, I just dont believe them..... I think they are just whining cause they got beat up online, thats what I think

and no i dont use the mod, cause im satisfied with the original game as opposed as most of the user on this forum

im against mods that give people an unfair advantage they are not mods thats cheating and mods on this game that give people more grip on tyres are cheats so lets start calling them that its like most games online on xbox 360 i have been put off playing forza 3 as people are able to fly around a track

If they like flying buy Tom Clancy's Hawx 2 or something and get off my racing game. Other examples which i have probably mentioned on this site is MW2 this game should be called modded warfare its a cheaters paradise theres one in every game and frankly it sickens me that people need to use these things to make themselves think they are good at a game

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back