Peters City Street Circuit

Tracks Peters City Street Circuit 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Mathonner submitted a new resource:

Peters City Street Circuit - A city circuit located in the sunny Florida

Second Race Track I'm publishing, and it's a street circuit, also inspired from Speed Dreams, which also come from the St Petersburg race track

Since the track is inspired from Speed Dreams I'm the need to give credits for the Speed Dreams so here it goes

Credits : Kilo, Xavier Berteaux, Eckhard M. Jaeger and the Speed Dreams development teamView attachment 415084View attachment 415085View attachment 415086

Read more about this resource...

Mathonner updated Peters City Street Circuit with a new update entry:

AI update

A short update based on what was wrong

So what's new ?

-AI lines have been fixed ( still need to fix the pitlane, unfortunately I can't find a proper solution even if I checked forums )
-The track is a bit wider, so now you won't have the wall too close from the race track
-changed the pit capacity from 32 to 26 so it might help the AI in the pitlane

I'll wait your feedbacks on that update ^^

Read the rest of this update entry...

To avoid collisions in the pitline you need a "surfaces.ini" in the "data" folder like in the example. You have to define the pitlane surface as "PITLANE" and set "IS_PITLANE=1".

[SURFACE_0]
KEY=PITLANE
FRICTION=0.96
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=1
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

[SURFACE_1]
KEY=ROAD
FRICTION=0.99
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

[SURFACE_2]
KEY=CURB
FRICTION=0.97
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=1.0
FF_EFFECT=1
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=1.0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.5

[SURFACE_3]
KEY=KERB
FRICTION=0.92
DAMPING=0
WAV=kerb.wav
WAV_PITCH=1.3
FF_EFFECT=1
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.5
VIBRATION_LENGTH=1.5

[SURFACE_4]
KEY=GRASS
FRICTION=0.6
DAMPING=0
WAV=grass.wav
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=1
IS_VALID_TRACK=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0.03
SIN_LENGTH=0.5
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.2
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.6

[SURFACE_5]
KEY=GRAVEL
FRICTION=0.8
DAMPING=0.15
WAV=sand.wav
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=0
DIRT_ADDITIVE=1
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0.04
SIN_LENGTH=0.5
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.2
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.3

I would like too, but is the surface.ini file must be special for each track or it can be a universal one ? And btw I don't have any surface.ini file when I'm creating the track on RTB, I would like some more info about this tho

You must define the different areas of the track in your KN5 track file as PITLANE, ROAD, CURB, GRASS and so on. But I'm not a track builder and I don't know how to do this.

Maybe you can ask at the GT Planet forum. There are several track builders like ZWISS, gutbomb, rmi_wood, reboot team, etc., who will help you.

I don't use RTB so no idea how you can define stuff there. But the basics are as follows:

You create some geometry, and if you call it "road", AC will not recognize it as being a road. You'll fall through it.
In order to make it physical, you need to put a number in front of it, not being 0. So if you call the object 1road (or 42road, or 135test, etc.), AC will know it's something you'd like to drive on.
The bit after the number is what defines the type of surface. In our case "road".
There are a few standards, but it's best to define your own surfaces. And you do that with the surfaces.ini (look at any Kunos track folder for example). Common practice it to use upper case, but it's not required.

So let's define your surfaces.
Call your road mesh something like 1ASPHALT, your sand traps 1SAND, your grass 1GRASS, the pitlane 1PITS. Then create a surfaces.ini (or copy from another track), and start putting in your own values. Where NAME=x, x is the name of your surface (ASPHALT / SAND / etc.). Adjust values to your liking. It's pretty straight forward and some testing can provide you with most information you need to know. Grip and valid track are the two most important, I'd say.
Grip of asphalt is usually somewhere in between 0.97 and 0.99, but can be anything.

So now AC uses the settings you put in that file to use for your physical meshes.
Usually though, we don't name our (visual) meshes 1ASPHALT, we just call it "thisistheroad" or whatever and create a new object to be called "1ASPHALT" and hide that inside ksEditor. That hidden one is then the physical mesh. The video tutorials from Lilski will explain the why's :)

I hope that clears up some unknowns.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years