Pet hates in motorsport commentary

Listen out for this phrase from crofty, brundle and all(as much as I like them ) ..."and he gets the job done" following an overtake. Once that is in ur head....it will irritate u no end...EVERY SINGLE RACE multiple times .
I am trying to erase this from my mind before it sticks lol

Another one is often heard in the Tudor USCC (so not F1, I know, but it is on the subject of motorsport commentary) - I don't like when they say "goodly portion" and they do it so often. A goodly portion of their commentary is filled with "goodly portion".

Is anyone else annoyed every time David Croft (Sky F1) says 'Sebastien Fettle' ?

And er, the way er, Ted er, stammers and stutters er, through every er, sentence when he's giving pit updates.

Or when Keith Huewen (BTSports MotoGP), says 'He's got a good Injun'.

Crofty, I don't care how you think the German's pronounce it, we are English and it's V ETTEL !!!!

And Keith H, (cowboys and) injuns are what you played when you were six. Grow up, its an ENGINE !!!!!

:)

There should be a new regulation - 'The only person allowed to make mistakes in commentary is the great Murray Walker'.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest lol.

So Germans are allowed to call you Keith Vintsor then? I mean if we can change names just because we speak English then surely the same lack of respect should be shown back to you?

Thats his name, thats how you say it. V is F in German. He's German.

So Germans are allowed to call you Keith Vintsor then? I mean if we can change names just because we speak English then surely the same lack of respect should be shown back to you?

Thats his name, thats how you say it. V is F in German. He's German.

LOL. Well if you read the thread you would see that I was corrected a while back and I accept I am wrong, but it still doesn't sound right to me when an Englishman tries to pronounce it though, that's all I was trying to say.

LOL. Well if you read the thread you would see that I was corrected a while back and I accept I am wrong, but it still doesn't sound right to me when an Englishman tries to pronounce it though, that's all I was trying to say.

I didn't read the whole thread.

You would get annoyed if you were in say...DTM, and the commentators kept calling you Vintsor though. I imagine Vettel goes through the same.

There are some variances though. Why don't they call Hulkenberg 'Hoolkenberg'? Perez should be 'Pereth.' Gutierrez should be 'th' on the end also. If Ricciardo hasn't anglophied his name on purpose then it should be pronounced 'Richaardo'.

Now Im getting pedantic.

Well Ricciardo told the RTL crew (germany) in an interview that his name is pronounced "ricardo" isntead of "riciardo".

But I agree with you, it's the same in football though. Take Bayern for example, the (or most) english commentators are able to pronounce Schweinsteiger ("shwainstaiger" of sorts), but completely fail at doing so with Kroos (they say "croos" instead of "crohs") :)

Well Ricciardo told the RTL crew (germany) in an interview that his name is pronounced "ricardo" isntead of "riciardo".

But I agree with you, it's the same in football though. Take Bayern for example, the (or most) english commentators are able to pronounce Schweinsteiger ("shwainstaiger" of sorts), but completely fail at doing so with Kroos (they say "croos" instead of "crohs") :)
Yep, remmeber that, too.

---

German football palyers pronounced by english commentators?

Take jan Schlaudraff.... thats absolutely hilarious

Try going to a (British) VW dealer and calling their cars FolksVagen. They don't seem to like it. :cool:

I hate it when I'm watching motor racing, because I'm a motor racing fan, who likes motor racing and tuned in to the live program to, you know, hear about motor racing and the damned commentator starts burbling on about soccer, or tennis or some rugby match that is on later.

I don't care. Shut up and talk about motor racing... :mad::mad::mad:

I know it's not F1, but in NASCAR there is an announcer on the Fox network who screams BOOGITY BOOGITY at the start of EVERY race. It's so stupid, it's actually funny sometimes.

Thank the powers above this Sunday marks the last time I hear that this year. :O_o:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back