Personal Career Helmet

@supla007: very nice helmet, i love it! can you make a edition with a german flag on the top and without lotus logos? ^^

Spent the whole afternoon making this...the helmet for my Caterham career. Making a simple helmet for a beginner like me has proven to be quite challenging, so huge thanks to those modders out there, god knows how much effort they put in their work, also credit ML for the helmet template.
caterhamhelmet.jpg

Spent the whole afternoon making this...the helmet for my Caterham career. Making a simple helmet for a beginner like me has proven to be quite challenging, so huge thanks to those modders out there, god knows how much effort they put in their work, also credit ML for the helmet template.

Good job

Like some of the detailing.

:thumbsup:

After getting hold of the Templates from ML2166 I thought I'd try my hand at this.
As I have next to no PS experience I decided to try and make Jorge Lorenzo's Helmet as it's relatively straight forward design. It's not 100% accurate and some of the decals are off. I wanted a more accurate X-Lite one but couldn't find one. 1st effort is a 3 out of 10 but will hopefully get better.

This helmet looks ok in game too but suffers from major visor reflections.

JLHelmet.png

Fija

After getting hold of the Templates from ML2166 I thought I'd try my hand at this.
As I have next to no PS experience I decided to try and make Jorge Lorenzo's Helmet as it's relatively straight forward design. It's not 100% accurate and some of the decals are off. I wanted a more accurate X-Lite one but couldn't find one. 1st effort is a 3 out of 10 but will hopefully get better.

This helmet looks ok in game too but suffers from major visor reflections.

View attachment 34075

Fija

All career helmets suffer from white visor syndrome.

It's because the career visors are not aimed at a texture in game,unlike the actual driver helmets which are.

I've been trying to sort this out with the help of Ryder, and playing around with speccoc file etc, but as yet haven't found a solution.

It doesn't matter even if you paint the visor completely black.....it still shines like a lighthouse in game.

ML2166 I've been meaning to ask you, if you look at my helmet pic above how do I get rid of the shape around the visor bolt? I've tried every layer but can't get rid of it :(

ML2166 I've been meaning to ask you, if you look at my helmet pic above how do I get rid of the shape around the visor bolt? I've tried every layer but can't get rid of it :(

If you look at the wireframe on the 2D template, you'll see this shape.

Best way is to pick a colour that is on you visor near to where the bolt would be, and then just circle around the bolt with a selection tool and paint away the black using the colour you picked from your visor.

You'll only remove the colour, cannot remove the shape.

If you look at the wireframe on the 2D template, you'll see this shape.

Best way is to pick a colour that is on you visor near to where the bolt would be, and then just circle around the bolt with a selection tool and paint away the black using the colour you picked from your visor.

You'll only remove the colour, cannot remove the shape.
Thanks buddy, you're always kind to help :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%