Persistent microstutter Fanatec gear

Hey. I get this annoying persistent microstutter. After looking around online I found a solution which is to delete my controler profile. However, after a while the microstutter returns... Is there a permanent fix for it? It makes this game really annoying to play as all of a sudden I lose control of everything. Even the wheel gets light sometimes. It also happens in menus so it seems to point to the controller problem.

My Hardware:
i7-6700k@4.5GHz
RTX 2070 Super
16GB 3,000MHz DDR4 Ram

Fanatec CSW v2.5
Fanatec CSP v3.0 plugged into the wheel base (which appear as unplugged but I can configure them).

Cheers

You have hot to be kidding me. Is that what my problem was? If the Corsair KB is the problem, I'm going to revert to a membrane Microsoft KB until I can replace it with a different mechanical KB. I'm using a K68.

Did you already try updating the keyboard firmware?
I've been on iCue for a couple of months. I didnt look for updates, but I'll give it a try. Before iCue I believe it was just called CUE. I was running that since I built the PC, and thought the random pauses with my wheel and controllers was a game controllers issue.

I just got finished testing some cars in R3E and no stutters since updating iCue to version 3.23.66, and then updating the k68 to firmware v.3.08. I had some wheel to wheel against the Ai along with the Time of day multiplier cranked to 25, and not once did the wheel stutter, go numb or forget what it was doing. Hopefully that does the trick, but I am fully expecting the stuttering to return.

Last edited:
What framerate and resolution do you run the game at?
It happens both in VR (Oculus Rift 90 fps) and single screen (1080p wide screen) on low. Like graphic settings don't seem to change a thing.

Disabling Corsair software and removing keyboard did nothing to improve the situation... I still get these ocasional spikes which can really impact a lap or a race if they happen at the wrong time and make this game frustrating to play.
Anyone else know what can be causing this?

Figured out what it was!!!! It was bloody Riva Tuner!!!! A program I am not even using!!!! Finally!

To celebrate went to do an online race on a ranked server. Qualied 10th, overtook 9th, got spun into first corner down to almost last, made up positions till 11th, was fighting this Bentley and there was this orange mclaren I had spotted previously... h had already crashed twice and as i was doing turn one at Laguna Seca i spotted him yet again spun. I thought to myself "he is going to rejoin and punt me out of the track for no reason other than to really ruin my race since his is already ruined". And lo and behold he comes at me like a bullet...

With ranked servers like these, who needs public servers?

I never heard of Rivatuner, nor do I think I ever ran it.

Recently my old Motherboard took a dump and stopped sending signals to the monitor. After trying to troubleshoot the entire PC, all evidence pointed to the Mobo. Later in the troubleshooting it stopped reading ram all together, so I decided not to keep the old Z77 board around, and upgrade to something modern. I now have a Ryzen 5 build.

As a precaution I didn't install iCue or use a craptastic Retrobit Sega Saturn USB pad I bought during the summer (it caused issues too). So far I have been stutter free. It sucks that the keyboard is just solidly lighting all the keys, and the Mouse is in demo mode, but those are acceptable compared to iCue causing issues.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 84 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 116 13.5%