Performance Related Issues

Hi,

Firstly I know my PC is not state of the art but it runs most sims with ease and it's still pretty quick for my graphics work. Yes I would love to upgrade soon but it won't be for a while just yet.

I own the following:

Auros X5 Gaming Laptop
i7-5700HQ 2.7Ghz
32GB Ram
965M SLi Array (equivalent of a Desktop 980 if I remember)
2 x 512GB Samsung SSD in RAID
1 x 1TB Platter Drive (which the sims are stored on)

I can run most sims on High (some like Raceroom on Ultra), but I'm not getting very far with ACC.

It's an issue that I'm not sure is related to my PC or something else.

It doesn't matter what level of detail or res I run the game in, at almost every 4 seconds there's a pause of about two seconds. Even when I'm on my own.

The game is still running as when the PC recovers I find I'm in the wall! lol

It's odd that the PC does this even on the lowest of low settings. The visuals are worse than TOCA Touring Car on the Playstation. haha.

If it's my setup that's fine, I can deal with that.

The only thing I have noticed (which may be related). The game is on a platter drive at the moment and I'm going to swap it out for a 2TB SSD soon (the main system drives are 2 x 512GB Samsung SSD's in RAID).

When the game is stuttering the hard disk light is going crazy, does ACC access the drive a lot? Maybe that's the issue.

Just after feedback and thoughts, my PC is not bad awful, yes it's a few years behind now but just wondering if there's something else I can try.

I saw online comments that ACC doesn't recognise SLi so maybe that's it? But the way the X5 is setup Windows see's it as one card, so the games do as well.

Thanks in advance :)

Are you saving replays? Try disabling see if that helps.
I would relocate ACC to your SSD and see it that helps also, you can add a library location in steam settings then copy ACC over to it, if you do this i would rename the old ACC folder to be sure you are loading from the new location.

Just a couple of suggestions, lots and lots of possibilities, but i reckon one of them two will do it.

Are you saving replays? Try disabling see if that helps.
I would relocate ACC to your SSD and see it that helps also, you can add a library location in steam settings then copy ACC over to it, if you do this i would rename the old ACC folder to be sure you are loading from the new location.

Just a couple of suggestions, lots and lots of possibilities, but i reckon one of them two will do it.

Thanks for the advice mate.
Yes I’d forgotten about things like replay. You may be right. I’ll have a look later on.

have you try this?
mirrors off too

Also, you negated to state what resolution and resolution scale you are running.
Here.
it doesn't matter what level of detail or res I run the game in, at almost every 4 seconds there's a pause of about two seconds. Even when I'm on my own.
This also makes me think maybe swapfile, try disabling it , 32gb ram is plenty to run without altho some progs kick up a fuss without one.

Sorry but i can't tell you exactly how to fix it but when i first started i used to have freezes every 3ish races for about 6 seconds. Not sure what fixed it (sorry to be vauge) but think i played with vsync, now restrict FPS to 90 in game settings instead of it running at about 120FPS, switch off anti virus. I have a Nivida card and there a few posts on yotube on setting cards for gaming. My laptop didn't want to auto use Nivida card and had to set that in Nivida settings. Also some vids on youtube for setting windows for gaming. Try to disable anything that windows is running in background that are not required. Good luck

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 390 40.0%