Performance has tanked since Windows 10 update 30th July

• Deleted member 197115

Nope, everything is peachy here. The last massive update was 1903 and it was more than a month ago.
Try to DDU and reinstall your video driver (get the latest one), sometimes Windows replaces OEM version.

Personally, I always unactivate ... all non-microsoft updates with their own update ... so mostly no bad surprises.
I just got 1903 yesterday ( Win Pro version with the hardest options possible ) ... still have to try it.. but will do only when the actual G27 will be replaced with the T300 RS within one or 2 days.
Until now ... I never had any problem of this kind with Windows updates.

Any details on the "massive update"? It's hard to help you if you don't really share any information.

However, it's very unlikely it's the update itself. If you experience problems after Windows update, it's usually due to something else that needs updating, or a hidden issue you were previously unaware of.

Managed to get this resolved. No idea what caused it. I was pretty close to nuking my OS install and starting over. In the end I deleted the entire assettocorsa folder in Appdata and then everything started working at the usual performance levels. Mods can please close if needed.

Any details on the "massive update"? It's hard to help you if you don't really share any information.

However, it's very unlikely it's the update itself. If you experience problems after Windows update, it's usually due to something else that needs updating, or a hidden issue you were previously unaware of.

For those affected I hope it's solved soon. Good thing I still run windows 7

As a very recent and reluctant convert (a week to be exact) to W10 I've been pleasantly surprised by how flawless the transition has been. Apart from installing my older Logitech 510 drivers everything, games including ACC and programmes have worked as normal. I've tweaked it to my satisfaction and got the update to 1903.
Martin, at my age I'm surprised how easy I'm finding it to adapt as well.
Untitled.png

Have been reluctant to upgrade to Windows 10. Forced upgrades and whatnot. Seeing how long I can put it off
When I get a new system with a Ryzen 5 is likely till then I go by the old "if it aint broke, dont fix it"

Have been reluctant to upgrade to Windows 10. Forced upgrades and whatnot. Seeing how long I can put it off
I know exactly how you feel. Fortunately I've had the experience of watching my son upgrading some months ago and despite some issues he is happy with the latest build and has convinced me to upgrade. I agree I don't like the loss of control, but I use an Android phone and an ipad so I kind of lost that on my devices some time ago.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 268 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 180 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 236 13.4%