Perez Admits Legal Action Led to Force India Administration

I don't see any reason why Hamilton would earn less than LeBron James or Leo Messi.

Boy is LeBron and every top basketball player overpaid. I can't speak on Messi because I know nothing off soccer. Sports, in general, overpay for players. The Mets are still paying Bobby Bonilla and will be for the next 17 years. And he retired 17 YEARS AGO. It's a different situation with him, a ponzi scheme gone bad for the owner, but still...

And there is no driver on Planet Earth who is worth 40,000,000 Quid PA as well.

because the ones you mention also arent worth 40/ 60 million or more. Mesi only can play football LeBron throws things in a basket so does my wife she aint getting 60 million either:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:, i can do a lot more things and dont get so much (alost) :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Boy is LeBron and every top basketball player overpaid. I can't speak on Messi because I know nothing off soccer. Sports, in general, overpay for players. The Mets are still paying Bobby Bonilla and will be for the next 17 years. And he retired 17 YEARS AGO. It's a different situation with him, a ponzi scheme gone bad for the owner, but still...

Sports teams are about branding and advertising. Using basketball as an example: the average NBA team is worth 1.5 billion USD with popular teams like the Lakers, Bulls and now the GS Warriors worth at least 2.5 billion (look it up, the stats are online for all to see), making 100's of Millions USD every year. These team names and logos are known and purchased by fans and in licensing deals in obscene numbers worldwide...the reason they have ANY fans and success at all is because of the skills of their best historical players (the Chicago Bulls are still one of the top five teams today because of the success Michael Jordan and co. brought them over 20 years ago). To suggest a company worth 2,500 million USD or more should not pay their star player or players, the only reason they're in the pound seats (hope I used that right lol), in the millions or 10's of millions is ludicrous and bordering on exploitation.

Now lets talk about Formula 1, its global presence, the value of the companies backing the teams and the danger the driver puts himself in each race weekend. Racing in F1 is still dangerous; it's safer than it's ever been, but there's very much a risk involved. This risk and skill by the driver makes both the FIA and the manufacturers LOTS of money (again, we're talking 100's of millions to billions). Given an F1 driver can still very much die doing his job...you still think he isn't worth what he's paid? :O_o:

Q]Given an F1 driver can still very much die doing his job...you still think he isn't worth what he's paid?]

In a word, no!
And to put that in perspective, as a former 'Regular Army' NCO I and any of my fellow troopies were in harms way for a large part of our careers and never came close to huge rewards.

Last edited:
Q]Given an F1 driver can still very much die doing his job...you still think he isn't worth what he's paid?]

In a word, no!
And to put that in perspective, as a former 'Regular Army' NCO I and any of my fellow troopies were in harms way for a large part of our careers and never came close to huge rewards.

Perspective? All due respect, but this is apples and oranges...soldiers enlist or are drafted into service. Do soldiers deserve higher pay: hell yes! But be reasonable; the government would go broke trying to pay each of you like a top shelf athlete....I’m a high school teacher; no other job (including military) would exist without teachers...we’re under constant scrutiny by everyone who thinks they can do a better job (but never sign up to teach), we put our lives on the line dealing with irrational kids/teens who would consider shooting you over bad grades/trying to teach them discipline (a colleague of mine was shot in the leg by a student couple months back).

Given your rationale I should be a millionaire too, but I’m reasonable...I think teachers are very much underpaid yes, but no education board in the world (short of maybe Monaco if they have one?? lol) holds the funds necessary to pay every teacher what they are worth...but obviously somehow we still have teachers. That’s because in the end, most teachers do it for the love of it; for trying to make a difference in a child’s life. Similarly, most soldiers go into service for noble and patriotic reasons.

No reasonable teacher expects to get paid Lewis Hamilton money, that’s part of why they call it a noble profession...similarly you shouldn’t expect to be rich from answering the noble call to serve.

Man, that's not in the spirit of motor racing. Imagine if people had your heartless outlook for other kinds of financial trouble, from individual to corporate? I remember back when Lotus was in trouble, that was shameful, repo men even stopped by to take one of their show cars. That is humiliating, esp in a business largely based off the thrill of motorsport and tech development. Regardless of F1's internal problems, it's hardly a joke.

I think you failed to grasp the idea Motowntom was expressing. F1 truly is a joke, and this one's coming from someone following it since the age of 7. You just have to see it with the head of an adult. It's a growing industry disguised as a sport, one based on the monopoly of the big teams, just like other industries. Just read up on how the prize money is divided, and if anyone can call that fair and "good for the sport", that pretty much sums up why F1 is in its current state. The last thing F1 is about today is heart.

https://sillyseason.com/f1-formula-1-prize-money-118349/

Last edited:
Why not just let Dallara make the body like they do in F2? And let the teams just make there engine's.

Because the 4 biggest teams don't want the other 6 to be breathing down their necks and take too big of a slice from the prize pie. Not to mention a decrease in the image department, if say Force India ends up higher in the Constructors' Championship than Ferrari or Mercedes.

Total agreement!

And there is no driver on Planet Earth who is worth 40,000,000 Quid PA as well.

He is worth that amount of money if someone is willing to give it to him. The value of something or someone is never absolute, it's relative. No one forced Merc to give LH that salary. They feel like they can afford it and they think LH is worth it. They are the ones paying him, not you.

If you're the best at what you do, you get the big bucks. Same thing goes for Hollywood actors, CEO's, football players, etc. It's a bit like someone paying 450 million for a painting by Leonardo. Whoever pays that amount of money thinks that this painting is worth that amount of money. Today, that painting is worth 450M. In 10 years, who knows? 600M? 300M? 10M? The market will decide.

So what is the correct salary then? How do you determine it? Personally, I agree with George Will who said about the salaries of baseball players that no one has ever paid a penny to see an owner of a baseball team. We buy tickets to see the players. They are the ones who generate the product, they *are* the product, so it's only normal that they should get the biggest piece of the pie. And don't forget: if someone is paying millions to an athlete, it's because they feel like they can afford to.

For sport stars, 3-5x expected expenses. Agents, travel, medical, etc... Maybe 8-10x for the top of the top. In America anyway, they make a lot of money with sponsorship and endorsements. I know F1 and other sport driver are putting their lives on the line so they deserve more.

Keep in mind, this comes from a baseball mindset, where the sport is on the downslide and everyone is losing money (except the Yankees and a couple others). So many teams get crushed by bad contracts and light pockets. Salary caps and revenue sharing, between teams and players, needs to be improved. Luxury taxes mean nothing to the Yankees, and to some extent, the Red Sox.

Basketball salaries are just stupid. I don't really have a cogent argument to go along with that statement, it's just how I feel. My only real example is of the power a single player can have to make a team great, ie Michael Jordan, or completely turn it into a disaster, a la Cleveland and LeBron.

For any person who thinks that prices for professional sports haven't got out of hand: you should really take a look around in your close environment. A doctor who saves lives will never earn as much money as any of the football, soccer, baseball players or racing drivers mentioned here, who basicly serve no other purpose than entertainment. If medical care is less important than sports, then our society is certainly doing something wrong. And this is coming from someone living in a developed country. And at the end people like Messi or Ronaldo don't even pay their ****ing taxes - nice, isn't it?

And how much risk are we talking in F1 today? Why aren't earning road racers driving the TT alot more then? If people really think, that the power of request and demand will solve all those issues for F1, then I have to dissapoint you. There allways comes a point when hyper inflation bursts a bubble. It was allways a demand to cap the investment limits for all teams to save the smaller teams, but the usual suspects like Mercedes, Ferrari and Redbull had something against that idea. And what we are seeing now is far from what F1 was once about. In the 80's and 90's there was a pre qualifying because otherwise there would have been too many entrants for the races. Now we have three manufacturers having their hands on over half of the field. If people really think that this is close competition ...

Reactions: NDG
I can almost Smell the plan the Strolls are thinking. With Force India only a few signing short of being Mercedes B Team... If Lance performs well at Force India, in 2 to 5 years time, he may be looking at taking (forcing) a seat at Mercedes. It's highly unlikely as of now, very hard to say because he is just a troll in the driver's championship... But if he manages to lift his own weight and deliver, he might be looking at following Senna's examples. Starting from a meh team upwards to the top ones. Money, money money... SMH

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%