F1 2012 Penalty system makes no sence at all.

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I think it's time that CM seriously looks over this penalty system as it is seriously messed up.(and i put it nicely)
Here's the deal: I'm practicing in Sepang, Malaysia, i come into turn 11 (off camber turn), i miss the apex somewhat going wide. But manage to keep the car on track, i never hit any kerbs neither the pylon which marks the apex down there. When i accellerated out of the corner all of a sudden i get a 10 place grid penalty for causing a collision???
I've noticed someone was behind me and obviously must have ran into my back. But a normal thinking person should think the offender should get the penalty and not me the victim, especially since there were no blue flags waved. (Blue flag, faster car behind, let him pass).

I sure hope CM takes care of these kinds of situations, when develloping F1 2013, as they are very frustrating and to my opinion not necessary at all. I mean if it happens in real life, someone hitting you in the back it's always the offender's fault and not the victim's as you should keep your distance.

G.Heuts

Hi there,
Everyday I think someone puts down an error with this game. There are way to many. The penalty system doesnt always work. You COULD of lagged on the other cars screen which caused the error in first place. But as codemasters dont use dedicated servers, This will never improve.

Take a trip over here mate:
www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f1-2013-wish-list.64993/

Make a suggestion as were trying to get codemasters to take a look.

There appear to be several corners that are problematic with this type of penalty. I've had it happen to me over and over again in China at turn 14 (the hairpin) It's easy to clip someone on the corner exit if they try to go for the gap you created by going off line. The penalty always seems to go to the guy in front in that situation, but it shouldn't.
The same thing happens at COTA in the first turn and the last turn. There are many different lines you can take through the first turn because the track is so wide there. It was designed that way specifically to promote overtaking. But the AI always take the same line, and if you get off their racing line and then back onto it, and clip another car in the process the penalty goes to you.

It can be very frustrating but once you have an understanding of why it's happening it's a little easier to avoid.

Yyyeah, the penalty system is retarded.
Many times I've been rammed by a car on the inside of a corner going a bit too wide and I was the one rewarded with a penalty... In our last week's league race in Abu Dhabi I spun out in turn 2, lost my wing and because of that I locked my wheels while braking into the following chicane, so I took the RUNOFF AREA (that's what it's there for) - black flag and race over for cutting a corner...
In Austin I kept getting warnings for cutting corners after... running a WEE bit wide on the exit from the penultimate corner and riding with my right wheels on the kerbs. Oh yeah, I cut the track A LOT over there.
I'm sure other people will have LOADS of other stories about idiotic penalties. The only thing we can do is accept it and hope, that it will be better in the next game :roflmao:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.3%