Pembrey - Outdated

Tracks Pembrey - Outdated 0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
It's a good start and I like the layout. Here are my initial thoughts:

The track overall looks fine. Apart from some very sudden kinks in the road. Try and smooth those out. Also there's a sudden drop in the second to last (?) corner. That's where the kinks are also most noticable.
The grass surrounding the road is considered valid track.
Walls are not defined.
There is no defined pitlane. Make the pitlane a different surface (for instance 1PITS) and define that surface (PITS) in the /data/surfaces.ini and set IS_PITLANE=1.
The whole track appears to be rotated 180 degrees, so North is South and vice versa. It's best practice to keep that aligned so the Sun moves the right way.
There's a models_pembrey.ini in your track folder, that is the persistance file and doesn't have to be there (the models_trackname.ini is used to include several kn5 files into the track).

Also some very basic features are not working. For instance a track map and AI.
Geo coordinates are missing in the UI, as well as the link, version and author. Really handy for Content Manager users.
I did these really quick (with a gamepad, so sorry..), so you might want to redo them.

Good luck and I'm curious about next updates :)

Last edited:
Fl_uxy updated Pembrey Circuit with a new update entry:

Version 0.2

Hi,

A massive thank you to NightEye87 for the work with ai.
  • Race mode is now available
  • Collisions have now been abled with objects around the track.
  • The penultimate corner has been re-worked and smoothed out
  • Pit lane still not working for pitstops during practice or race however, that is being worked on
  • AI works, it will be refined with better lines

Read the rest of this update entry...

The folder and respective files for your version of Pembrey need to be changed to a different name, as there's another version of it with the same name. If someone isn't paying attention when installing it, they will overwrite the other one, or add files to it that can cause issues. Use something like pembrey_fl.

The folder and respective files for your version of Pembrey need to be changed to a different name, as there's another version of it with the same name. If someone isn't paying attention when installing it, they will overwrite the other one, or add files to it that can cause issues. Use something like pembrey_fl.
Hi,

I am now aware of this issue and will get it changed over on the next release. Thank you for your help!

i've been waiting for Pembrey for years! Really looking forward to trying this, thanks!
Hi,
I have a new update coming out in a couple of days so look out for that one. It has a lot of bug fixes and defiantly worth the update. Glad to hear you're excited for Pembrey, hope you enjoy it!

Where's the update? :D

Some feedback from me too:
- trees need a lot of work here
- environment doesn't look much the same as for example
or the more recent
- grass textures are either not working here or barely there? (no CSP/CM/custom things, vanilla AC)
- every lap an AI car gets stuck in the fence (the one on the inside of the hairpin)

Screen from in game here:
pembrey.jpg

There there's this thingy on the straight (white line):
pembrey2.jpg

I see it has a lot of potential though! Keep at it! :)

Where's the update? :D

Some feedback from me too:
- trees need a lot of work here
- environment doesn't look much the same as for example
or the more recent
- grass textures are either not working here or barely there? (no CSP/CM/custom things, vanilla AC)
- every lap an AI car gets stuck in the fence (the one on the inside of the hairpin)

Screen from in game here:
View attachment 496064

There there's this thingy on the straight (white line):
View attachment 496068

I see it has a lot of potential though! Keep at it! :)
Thanks a lot for the feedback! I am still working away at the track however work has been filling up all my time recently so there have not been many major advances in the map. I am hoping to get back to it in the next few weeks and will defiantly take your feedback onboard.

Thank you for taking your time testing the track,
Fluxy

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back