Pedals

• Thread starter Deleted member 17730
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17730

• Deleted member 17730

Hi,

I've been looking around for pedal upgrades for the G27 wheel and have come across many options but I don't know what would be recommended and I don't have the money to buy all of them and try to them out so I am looking for some help.

I am wondering out of the list below, which would be the best bet (bang for the buck) and still give a realistic feel.

1. AP Electrix
2. Nixim brake mod
3. Perfect Pedal
4. PTR brake mod
5. ARC brake mod
6. CST pedals
7. Fanatec Clubsport pedals
8. Sim-Sport Pedals

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Geran

If you have $800.00 in your budget, there's no question you should get the CST's.

You won't regret it IMO.

I've had the CSP's and the CST's are much better and like Will said, bullet proof.

I can't say that about the CSP's.

+1 on Todd.

Upvote 0
I would like to bring this poll back up, but with a wrinkle. my budget is $200-$250 and I have a PC, PS3 and XBOX 360 but the 360 is not a requirement. Made some changes to the poll. been doing a bunch of reading and can't decide.

I am wondering out of the list below, which would be the best bet (bang for the buck) and still give a realistic feel, please note I am a casual sim racer currently I do not go online much at all, so tell me if you think I should save my money and stick with the stock G25 pedals no feelings will be hurt.

1. AP Electrix
2. Nixim brake mod
3. Perfect Pedal
4. PTR brake mod
5. ARC brake mod
6. CST pedals DIY kit
7. Fanatec Clubsport pedals/Elite

Upvote 0
Hey all, I wanted to share a project I did recently that might be right up your alley. pdf attached gives a build list and details of the mod. Basically this is a pneumatic upgrade to the G25/G27 pedals. I have tried a few pedal sets out there and this compares favorably with the most expensive of them. Best thing is, if you don't mind some DIY this is dirt cheap. Enjoy!

Rig%20Build%20088.JPG

Rig%20Build%20091.JPG

Rig%20Build%20104.JPG

Attachments

• Pedal Build.pdf
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,478
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
maclean525 really great built. I wander how you wire the SAm sensor to the bodnar board? is the 3 wires can be directly connected to the analogue inputs on the bodnar board?, will it read pressure readings like an axis?

Upvote 0
maclean525 really great built. I wander how you wire the SAm sensor to the bodnar board? is the 3 wires can be directly connected to the analogue inputs on the bodnar board?, will it read pressure readings like an axis?

That's exactly right. The beauty of the sensor is that it's NOT a load cell it outputs exactly like an analog potentiometer so wiring is easy :D

Upvote 0
Don't take my word for anything, but...

I just picked up a pair of CSP's which were an "upgrade" from the G25 pedals. Maybe because I haven't gotten a super amount of "in-car" time on them but I'm not sure what all the kerfuffle is about. Sure the brake has a tiny load cell on it, but I'm pretty sure I may have bent it already, and it's just not as "progressive" as I expected. I think my money would have went further being saved for a pair of CST's.

Like I said, don't take my word for anything. I'm sure alot of people would say I'm wrong but (since I'm not a huge fan right now) there simply a "minor" upgrade until a pair of CST's are under my feet.

Upvote 0
Don't take my word for anything, but...

I just picked up a pair of CSP's which were an "upgrade" from the G25 pedals. Maybe because I haven't gotten a super amount of "in-car" time on them but I'm not sure what all the kerfuffle is about. Sure the brake has a tiny load cell on it, but I'm pretty sure I may have bent it already, and it's just not as "progressive" as I expected. I think my money would have went further being saved for a pair of CST's.

Like I said, don't take my word for anything. I'm sure alot of people would say I'm wrong but (since I'm not a huge fan right now) there simply a "minor" upgrade until a pair of CST's are under my feet.

I also just upgraded recently from a G25 with Nixim mod to a set of CSP´s, and i also found them not that progressive in stock form, they felt almost like potentiometer pedals with a tiny amount of loadcell action at the end. I then moved the brake rod one hole higher, and wow that is progression. Very little pedal movement and you really need to push hard to reach 100%. You should try this, it doesn´t sound like you tried this.

I think i will give maclean´s project also a try in the future, i still have my G25 pedals and this looks very promissing.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back