Pedals for under 300$

Niranjan

Simracing is my antidepressant
Hi everyone ,

I am planning for an upgrade to my Logitech G27 pedals, for under 300$ . I was wondering if :

1) the Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals would be good ?
2) Is the extra cost of Fanatec Clubsport pedals(V2/V3) really worth it ?
3) I have been hearing that the reliability of Fantec products is not so good, is it true ?
4) Is there any other good , reliable pedals for under 300$ from other manufacturers ?

Your advice will be much appreciated ! thank you ! :)

Upvote 0
I just got the elites. was 250 with the inversion kit and shipping. I like them so far. it's def not like a regular pedal with the load cell. I'm not sure if the extra cost is worth it for the V2 (or new V3). I'm happy with mine except the pedals are very light. I wish they had stronger springs. feels very toy like with the stock springs.

Upvote 0
I just got the elites. was 250 with the inversion kit and shipping. I like them so far. it's def not like a regular pedal with the load cell. I'm not sure if the extra cost is worth it for the V2 (or new V3). I'm happy with mine except the pedals are very light. I wish they had stronger springs. feels very toy like with the stock springs.
Obvious question perhaps, but you know you can increase the spring tension on the pedals?
Also please note it is not possible (easy) to invert V2 or V3 pedals.

Upvote 0
Stock g27 pedals are quite good. The cheap way to upgrade is gteye progressive spring mod. I had changed my spring and added a diy load cell and was really happy for around 50 bucks.

Elites are good pedals imho but not an upgrade. T3pa pro are real solid, with the conical rubber feel great and can even be modded easily for a load cell above that.

The V3's should make a difference from stock g27 but indeed fanatec has issues (which they claim to have fixed with the new heavier load cell) . also I find them quite expensive if you compare the value for money to the T3pa pro for example.

As you see I'm the diy route guy if something is worth upgrading, like the stock g27 (or tm) for example which are solid really well built pedals. I would not mod and upgrade immediately stock t300 pedals.

If you mean to upgrade go for high class equipment. T3pa pro /clubsport v3 and avoid T3pa /elites.

And of course you could always change the whole brake of the g27 with the total Spanish simulator hydraulic brake mod. Same money to new pedals, but... Hydraulic!

Upvote 0
Stock g27 pedals are quite good. The cheap way to upgrade is gteye progressive spring mod. I had changed my spring and added a diy load cell and was really happy for around 50 bucks.

Elites are good pedals imho but not an upgrade. T3pa pro are real solid, with the conical rubber feel great and can even be modded easily for a load cell above that.

The V3's should make a difference from stock g27 but indeed fanatec has issues (which they claim to have fixed with the new heavier load cell) . also I find them quite expensive if you compare the value for money to the T3pa pro for example.

As you see I'm the diy route guy if something is worth upgrading, like the stock g27 (or tm) for example which are solid really well built pedals. I would not mod and upgrade immediately stock t300 pedals.

If you mean to upgrade go for high class equipment. T3pa pro /clubsport v3 and avoid T3pa /elites.

And of course you could always change the whole brake of the g27 with the total Spanish simulator hydraulic brake mod. Same money to new pedals, but... Hydraulic!

ty :)

Upvote 0

I disagree with so much of this post...
CSR Elites not an upgrade from the G27 pedals???
6,6 kg aluminum vs plastic for one? Loadcell vs potentiometer brake?
T3PA Pro high class equipment? I don't even consider the CSR Elites to be high class, upper middle class, high end starts perhaps at the Clubsports, or even the PT-1s from Protosimtech, everything below are for the regular consumer.

Upvote 0
I disagree with so much of this post...
CSR Elites not an upgrade from the G27 pedals???
6,6 kg aluminum vs plastic for one? Loadcell vs potentiometer brake?
T3PA Pro high class equipment? I don't even consider the CSR Elites to be high class, upper middle class, high end starts perhaps at the Clubsports, or even the PT-1s from Protosimtech, everything below are for the regular consumer.

Yeah, I don't consider these options upper class either, but at this budget we are not talking about that anyways.

G27 pedals are not plastic. Their plastic parts are of no wear so that it would matter.
Chear pedals like the dfgt /t300 etc should be described as plastic. The ones that bend under pressure etc.

Anyway since I like the diy route, or at least the option to diy, I would not choose the elites. The v3s yes, since they don't need upgrade in any way.

Luckily we live in times where our racing equipment is far superior than it used to be 10 years ago. Stock options themselves are enough for the majority of racers, and there are upgrades for every penny and taste.

My focal interest in most cases is the value for money when we set the budget.

BUT also, for 300 bucks I would get the t300 and keep the g27 pedals. It's a bigger upgrade.

Upvote 0
I have the ClubSport v2 pedals and that are amazing. On the flipside, I have had to replace the hall sensor and (currently waiting for) the Main PCBA board. The latter MIGHT be my fault but I doubt it. I have a friend that has the Elites and I have used them a couple times and they're awesome. I have a G27 and either of those pedals ARE A MAJOR upgrade.

At the end of the day, I know the Elites and v2/v3 fall under your budget. If you have a friend or know someone with these pedals it would be good to try them. As going to a load cell brake pedal is a BIG BIG BIG difference and it might be something that if you have tiny "weak" legs/calfs you will dread.

MY personal option is to get the elites as the are the cheaper out of the two Fanatec products and see how you like that. the v3's have me very excited but since I bought my v2 (December 17, 2014) I had my issue with the Hall Sensor during the iRacing 24 Hour race (Top split Team WindowLickers). But when they do work. They're amazing. They can turn a game from alright to amazing, but that is what happens when you end up with good equipment. If you have any other questions feel free to ask about either the Elites or V2's

Upvote 0
Interesting, i expressed my opinion on the elites without trying them, only from what I ve heard. I assumed that they are simply constructed with a load cell addition.

I also agree that going to a load cell with a progressive spring or hydraulic sensor is a changing experience upgrade.

Upvote 0
Still no response on the suggestion for anheavier spring lol...

The pedals caused me to roll around my computer chair. I tried a dining chair which made the front lift up. Ended up buying an obutto cockpit along with a new monitor with plans to buy 2 more for a triple monitor setup? Of course then the dfgt wheel won't cut it and I'll spend 800 on a fanatec wheel... Then I'll realize the I!!version needs work and order 4 or more buttkickers for simvibe sigh... Time to sign up for overtime at work which will take away from play time lmao

Hopefully all these upgrades will be worth it as I'll be over 2000$ into the cockpit by the time I'm done with it lol

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing