Pedal upgrade

He all,

Right now i have t300 alcantara edition (wheel + pedals) and while im happy with the wheel i feel like upgrading the pedals.

Im about to buy clubsports v3 pedals, but wanted to hear if its what im looking for.

I hate my current pedals as they offer a low level of control. Its the break and throttle that annoy me the most.

Will the v3 allow for more precise pedal feeling? Can I actually feel how much I brake and can I with consistancy give 15% throttle for example?

The clubsports are an amazing set of pedals, you'll be glad you upgraded over those cheap plastic ones. They are the best consumer grade pedals on the market and they will help improve your consistency. I won't write a big reply about loadcells as I'll just be justifying the benefits that have been stated a million times, look for video reviews on these pedals.

Clubsport V3's were my previous set of pedals before upgrading to Heusinkveld Pro pedals. Of course these high end pedals are superior to Clubsports and if you can afford them I'd recommend them in a heartbeat, but I won't knock the Clubsports as I found them to be really good.

Upvote 0
Any pedal with a Load Cell is an improvement over a potenciometer brake pedal (my opinion...).
I think the CSL Elite, with the Load Cell brake pedal should be considered too. The pedal is rated at 90kg!!! and you can save 100€ over the CSP V3 (90kg LC). I never had/Used any of them. I have a CSP V1 (rated at 50kg...).

But for sure, more people can talk about them.

Tiago

Upvote 0
My opinion as well if it helps.

I originally had a set of Thrustmaster pedals which cracked at the base. They served me well though and it was the general flexing of the pedals at the "hinge" area that caused the failure.

I treated myself to a set of Clubsport V2's and they are a beautifully built piece of engineering. Lots of detail. I actually like the little brake rumble motor, I know some don't and that's fair enough.

Positives: Well built, very solid, great detail, are readily identified by a lot of titles already.

The only issues I've had are the little shock unit coming lose, and the most annoying was the hall sensor refusing to register 100% travel on the throttle. This is a common issue on the V2's not sure about the V3's. After half an hour of racing the throttle only registers 90%, then drops to 80% after an hour and stays there. I could cure it by cleaning the sensor and the little magnet but within an hour the issue returned. After 6 months of not doing much racing at all I found out about DIView and re-calibrated the throttle using that (it allows you to ignore the dead area of the sensor if you like). Now I have 100% throttle registering again and I can go racing.

The only other problem I've had is oddly adjusting to driving with a load cell brake. In Raceroom you can be really on the brakes, attack the corner and away you go. In AMS I find that I can't be very consistent with my brakes at all. It's probably just down to game setup as well as my technique but it's interesting how I've had to adjust. I was previously much faster with the old Thrustmaster pedals on AMS. On RF2 I tend to race in race shoes now as well. The pressure required to slow down some of the faster cars on there requires more work than a pair of sock covered feet could handle! :laugh:

Make sure they are on a solid mounting as well, a load cell brake requires more work and effort.

I do enjoy using them but for me anyway I'm slower with a load cell brake over the old pedals. I have thought about upgrading to the Heusinkveld Pro pedals to see if they make any difference but that's months away yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My opinion as well if it helps.

I originally had a set of Thrustmaster pedals which cracked at the base. They served me well though and it was the general flexing of the pedals at the "hinge" area that caused the failure.

I treated myself to a set of Clubsport V2's and they are a beautifully built piece of engineering. Lots of detail. I actually like the little brake rumble motor, I know some don't and that's fair enough.

Positives: Well built, very solid, great detail, are readily identified by a lot of titles already.

The only issues I've had are the little shock unit coming lose, and the most annoying was the hall sensor refusing to register 100% travel on the throttle. This is a common issue on the V2's not sure about the V3's. After half an hour of racing the throttle only registers 90%, then drops to 80% after an hour and stays there. I could cure it by cleaning the sensor and the little magnet but within an hour the issue returned. After 6 months of not doing much racing at all I found out about DIView and re-calibrated the throttle using that (it allows you to ignore the dead area of the sensor if you like). Now I have 100% throttle registering again and I can go racing.

The only other problem I've had is oddly adjusting to driving with a load cell brake. In Raceroom you can be really on the brakes, attack the corner and away you go. In AMS I find that I can't be very consistent with my brakes at all. It's probably just down to game setup as well as my technique but it's interesting how I've had to adjust. I was previously much faster with the old Thrustmaster pedals on AMS. On RF2 I tend to race in race shoes now as well. The pressure required to slow down some of the faster cars on there requires more work than a pair of sock covered feet could handle! :laugh:

Make sure they are on a solid mounting as well, a load cell brake requires more work and effort.

I do enjoy using them but for me anyway I'm slower with a load cell brake over the old pedals. I have thought about upgrading to the Heusinkveld Pro pedals to see if they make any difference but that's months away yet.

Comparing the V2's to the V3's may not necessarily be a good comparison as there are some significant differences between the sets. The Heusinkveld use hefty load cells for all pedals so that will improve reliability. You'll definitely notice a difference with braking sensitivity, I found trail braking and scrubbing speed without locking up easier with the HE pedals over the V3's.

Upvote 0
In Raceroom you can be really on the brakes, attack the corner and away you go. In AMS I find that I can't be very consistent with my brakes at all. It's probably just down to game setup as well as my technique but it's interesting how I've had to adjust.
Yes, very likely game config. Raceroom probably has a non-linear configuration of your brake pedal; I know it does for the Logitech pedals and I copied that over to AMS & rF2, finding braking became much better.

Upvote 0
Yes, very likely game config. Raceroom probably has a non-linear configuration of your brake pedal; I know it does for the Logitech pedals and I copied that over to AMS & rF2, finding braking became much better.

Cool, maybe if you get chance. Can you send me a PM or explain the setting you changed, That would be really helpful. I'm familiar with the brake curve in RF2 settings. Is that what you are referring to?

Upvote 0
Comparing the V2's to the V3's may not necessarily be a good comparison as there are some significant differences between the sets. The Heusinkveld use hefty load cells for all pedals so that will improve reliability. You'll definitely notice a difference with braking sensitivity, I found trail braking and scrubbing speed without locking up easier with the HE pedals over the V3's.

Fair enough matey. Yes it was just a general viewpoint from my experiences with the V2's. The shock issue has been solved by the far more hefty arrangement the V3's now have which is great. I wasn't aware of the improvement in the load cells but that's good news. They aren't bad I think they just suffer when the magnet get's dirty. I don't think it's the sensor. The magnet is tiny and I think all it needed was a far larger magnet.

But don't get me wrong, they are a great piece of kit and look lovely. The V3's are worthwhile investment.

Upvote 0
I'm familiar with the brake curve in RF2 settings. Is that what you are referring to?

Yes, the brake curve in Settings, Controls in rF2. Mine is set to 75%, so it curves up at the right, which makes the brakes lock later in the pedal travel.

In AC, under the advanced section of controls is "brake pedal gamma" which does the same thing, but using a different scale. I have it set to 1.39.

And looking in Raceroom, on their advanced tab for controls, brake sensitivity is 50%.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%