Pedal sensitivity question

I have my throttle and brake pedal ingame set to 100% sensitivity but i still have to push the brake and throttle in half way (on G25) before anything happens. Where as with other games like GTR2 and rFactor i set it to 100% sensitivity and they work from the first little tap of the pedal.

Sounds like either your pedal needs calibrated or your center axis is screwed up, have a look in your controlset folder and open your pedal file, then have a look at whatever axis your pedal is on and look for
Axis [00, 01] Center="1.00000"
if it is set to 0.50000 then just change it to the above.

• daRock

I have my throttle and brake pedal ingame set to 100% sensitivity but i still have to push the brake and throttle in half way (on G25) before anything happens. Where as with other games like GTR2 and rFactor i set it to 100% sensitivity and they work from the first little tap of the pedal.

Set to 50%, the pedal(s) give linear response over their entire travel. Set to 100% they give quicker response either in the first half of their travel and slower in the second half. Set to 0% they give the opposite.

That's called "exponential" response and is available in the more expensive Radio Control systems used with R/C model airplanes.

Set your pedals to 50% and they signal the game to do exactly what you do with your pedals. Move the pedal 1/3 down, and the game will give you 1/3 brakes or 1/3 throttle.

Sounds like either your pedal needs calibrated or your center axis is screwed up, have a look in your controlset folder and open your pedal file, then have a look at whatever axis your pedal is on and look for
Axis [00, 01] Center="1.00000"
if it is set to 0.50000 then just change it to the above.
and what axis is for clutch and brake pedal? :) I did this and its working only for throttle
thx

I use 0% throttle sens for all cars, and keep my brake at 30%.

I find at 0% i have more control exiting corners...in FWD less torque steer, and in RWD less oversteer.

With the brakes lowered I have found that if i manage to lock up the brakes, I cna slightly ease off the brake pedal and unlock without sliding right through the corner.

Keith

I find at 0% i have more control exiting corners...in FWD less torque steer, and in RWD less oversteer.

With the brakes lowered I have found that if i manage to lock up the brakes, I cna slightly ease off the brake pedal and unlock without sliding right through the corner.

Keith

Is that in-game settings, or settings in the logitech profiler?

I have my throttle and brake at 85% in-game, and both at 100% in my profiler.

Set to 50%, the pedal(s) give linear response over their entire travel. Set to 100% they give quicker response either in the first half of their travel and slower in the second half. Set to 0% they give the opposite.

That's called "exponential" response and is available in the more expensive Radio Control systems used with R/C model airplanes.

Set your pedals to 50% and they signal the game to do exactly what you do with your pedals. Move the pedal 1/3 down, and the game will give you 1/3 brakes or 1/3 throttle.

do you think that the steering wheel sensitivity will have this effect too ?

Does anyone have the Clubsport pedals? Having a tough time getting a feel with them with Race On at the moment. Probably just need to get use to them with this sim. I'd have to double check but I think they were at default, 50% sensitivity for brake and throttle. Any suggestions?

If you are spinning out (oversteer) when on the throttle try to lower the throttle sens to 0% like Keith "Book It" B suggested. I use it always on RWD cars to get a better feeling when putting the power down :) FWD i leave on 50% btw

With the brakes lowered I have found that if i msensitivyanage to lock up the brakes, I cna slightly ease off the brake pedal and unlock without sliding right through the corner.

Keith

Very interesting. It is my understanding that the sensitivity values represents the "linearity" of pedal response with 50% being a 1-1 pedal input to encoder output. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong as my wife repeatedly informs me that I am often wrong.

Linearity and sensitivity are two different things. Sensitivity is supposed to control the max axis value, meaning lower settings make your controls feel smoother. Linearity adjusts where most of the axis movement takes place. That's a pretty rubbish explanation, but I'm sure Wikipedia or something has a better explanation of both.

Edit:

Here is a guide which has graphs. Its for joysticks, but the principles are identical. Section 1.2.

Ive had problems with this for a while , i asumed it worked like the literal term 0 to 100 % sensitivity. But after playing around with the setting i did find the same and run on about 20% throttle and brake for all rwd cars and 50% for fwd. Wow what a difference it makes and turn to 0 % for when in the wet. For me this is as important as a car setup and often overlooked .
I showed this to a couple of freinds who only drove fwd for this reason always spinning out. Now they are rwd fans, (and faster than me again)

If you are spinning out (oversteer) when on the throttle try to lower the throttle sens to 0% like Keith "Book It" B suggested. I use it always on RWD cars to get a better feeling when putting the power down :) FWD i leave on 50% btw

So with this setting I have slow response on the first half of the throttle pedal and quick response on the second half (like daRock wrote)?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%