Pedal Arm?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hello my fellow Sim racers!

I've been experimenting with some DIY ideas for my pedals.

And i've been trying to find a sort of Pedal arm, Of course i've found some examples from AP and Tilton but those all cost 500$ or even more.

So i'm trying to find something which doesnt cost so much

wil-330-12407_xl.jpg

I'm looking for 3 of these ^ just the arm itself.

These are from Wilwood but they don't ship to the netherlands.

Could anyone help me out.

my budget is around 130 in total.

Hi there!

I have made my DIY pedals using this hand brake from China.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DYN...4799-4322-8aa4-3fd79c646272&priceBeautifyAB=0

I Cutted the Top of the bar, here the finger grip starts, Drilled a hole, and fixed a pedal plate on it.

I used this pedal face: OMP oa/1020

With around 35€ you get a pedal with hydraulic master cylinder.

I need to make a topic about this DIY pedals, with photos etc... But i didn´t had much time and motivation.

I will try to do it soon.

Tiago Viana

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I share a picture of the pedal.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/17UlgCKQg6susbgH3

Because i will create a topic about this construction, i will not fill your topic with it. Is just a proposal for your question.

About the price, 130€ is too less for a DIY Pedal...

Will you use Hydraulic brake or Load Cell? My conclusion, the hydraulic require more parts to work, and will make them more expensive if we compare with Load Cell brake.

Tiago

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I share a picture of the pedal.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/17UlgCKQg6susbgH3

Because i will create a topic about this construction, i will fill your topic with it. Is just a proposal for your question.

About the price, 130€ is too less for a DIY Pedal...

Will you use Hydraulic brake or Load Cell? My conclusion, the hydraulic require more parts to work, and will make them more expensive if we compare with Load Cell brake.

Tiago
Wow that looks sick.

But how much travel do you have? since i figured a handbrake only has limited travel.

+ I'm not ther greatest when it comes to DIY so this idea might be above my level :D

Also i'm using the control boxes and electronics from a T3PA Pro pedal set

Upvote 0
Wow that looks sick.

But how much travel do you have? since i figured a handbrake only has limited travel.

+ I'm not ther greatest when it comes to DIY so this idea might be above my level :D

Also i'm using the control boxes and electronics from a T3PA Pro pedal set

The travel isn´t the challenge... For me, was to create constrains to the travel... the pedal can rotate freely without the Master Cylinder connected. With the MC, it has more then enough travel. To a point that i need to constrain it (in the clutch i had to put a big washer in the MC shaft to limit the movement).
I belive 20 degrees for the throttle accelerator is perfect (Clutch as well). For the brake, it depends on the taste of the person. For me max 5 to 10 degrees.

In your situation, with just potentiometers, you will require allot of mods... You will need a bracket for the potentiometer (3d printed?), plus some "Servo Horns" and a shaft to connect the Pedal with the "Servo Horn". (the placement of them is a challenge, to garanty a constant rotation of the pot in relation to the pedal)

I used for the throttle, hall sensor and a strong magnet. The mods for this setup were quite basic, any person can do it. Just requires hand saw and a drill machine, plus the hardware, like nuts and bolts.

I don´t know if you can replace the potentiometer with hall sensors and still use the rest of your hardware. If you can, then, this is a good alternative.

Tiago Viana

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The travel isn´t the challenge... For me, was to create constrains to the travel... the pedal can rotate freely without the Master Cylinder connected. With the MC, it has more then enough travel. To a point that i need to constrain it (in the clutch i had to put a big washer in the MC shaft to limit the movement).
I belive 20 degrees for the throttle accelerator is perfect (Clutch as well). For the brake, it depends on the taste of the person. For me max 5 to 10 degrees.

In your situation, with just potentiometers, you will require allot of mods... You will need a bracket for the potentiometer (3d printed?), plus some "Servo Horns" and a shaft to connect the Pedal with the "Servo Horn". (the placement of them is a challenge, to garanty a constant rotation of the pot in relation to the pedal)

I used for the throttle, hall sensor and a strong magnet. The mods for this setup were quite basic, any person can do it. Just requires hand saw and a drill machine, plus the hardware, like nuts and bolts.

I don´t know if you can replace the potentiometer with hall sensors and still use the rest of your hardware. If you can, then, this is a good alternative.

Tiago Viana

Could you maybe make a video of your pedals? If you have the time of course.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back