F1 2012 PC's and Consoles

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi folks,hope your all loving F1 2012..
This is my 3rd year playing these F1 games, all of them on the PS3.
The only gaming i do on a PC is Microsoft Flight, which i truly enjoy
I've been a member in this forum for a while now and it seems to me that the F1 experience is more of an experience when using a PC.
Most of the information is very much PC based , which makes me think, is the console version, as involving ?
I mean the tweaks and the mods you can only dream of on a console !!
Dont get me wrong, i love my PS3 and this forum for the superb information.
Was interested to see how other PS3 users view it, me personally...I'm thinking of buying it tomorrow lol
ps please don't say there is a PS3 section on this forum lol, its been a while :)

Hi folks,hope your all loving F1 2012..
This is my 3rd year playing these F1 games, all of them on the PS3.
The only gaming i do on a PC is Microsoft Flight, which i truly enjoy
I've been a member in this forum for a while now and it seems to me that the F1 experience is more of an experience when using a PC.
Most of the information is very much PC based , which makes me think, is the console version, as involving ?
I mean the tweaks and the mods you can only dream of on a console !!
Dont get me wrong, i love my PS3 and this forum for the superb information.
Was interested to see how other PS3 users view it, me personally...I'm thinking of buying it tomorrow lol
ps please don't say there is a PS3 section on this forum lol, its been a while :)

I don't have 2012 for the PS3 but I've been playing 2010 & 2011 on my PS3, so I'll try to answer your questions.

The console versions are involving like the pc version and evolving, patch-wise. However, you won't get patches as quick and you can't mod the console versions - so if you want to play as Ayrton Senna you're stuck with the default helmets, for example. There's no way to import the Senna helmet and the 1994 Williams car - both of which are available for download on RD! ;)

Also, patches will take some more time due to the approval process involved in XBL / PSN releases. MS / Sony charge money as well so CM wants to pack several PC patches into a single patch for consoles.

I thought my old PC couldn't run 2011 well and thus opted for the PS3 version when it came out last year. I was completely wrong and only noticed after I had bought it on Steam since I built a new PC around May. This year, however, you're lucky enough to have a demo on Steam. This way you can check if your PC can handle the game. The demo doesn't have the final handling model and lots of bugs but you can see if it's working performance-wise. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%