rF2 PCC @ Valencia street sunday 5 october 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
After some trouble with my pc I managed to join qualy just 2min left, lol

Race:
Good start from p10, but then I think it was Roman who I bumbed and he spun. Really sorry for that, all my fault as I braked to late. so I waited for him.
Then some close racing with the guys infront of me. I did a lot of mistakes and spun sevral times and hit the wall also a few times :doh:. Unfortunaty I had not much practice :fear:
The last few laps I was on p4 wich really surprised me, as I made mistake after mistake, lol. Then I lost my car in these difficult last courner :doh:. Crashed into wall and spun,had to reverse, but for my surprise the car was still not so bad damaged :pound: Martin cause of stubit me was able to pas there. Then a god fight with him. I overtaked, but he regained his position back after few courners. Finally p5 for me:D
Cool event, I just need more practice :thumb: see you all next time :wink: thx pat for setup ;-)
Nice pace from Tony and Simon:thumb:

Here the race result:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Roman Liebich

What to say..
Qualification was fine - I actually improved my lap time (mainly because Jaime's setup - big thanks !:thumb:), 4th on grid - my best ever:)
Race - 4th place turned incredibly fast into 8th - yeah, I have terrible starts, someone hit me from behind and I was the last one! 1 lap later I managed to get back into 6th or 7th place and was driving my own race atm. Had continuos problems in one of the hairpins and the biggest problem came 1 or laps after the pit stop when I hit the wall, lost my splitter, then collided with Patrick (my error as a result of not-so-driveable car) and then I had to visit my pit crew once again, lost 1 lap and then finished as 9th.
Without those stupid mistakes I could finish mid-pack, but hell, it was my first race after 2-3 months and I really enjoyed it!
So thanks to all those who took part and I'm looking fwd to next race!

Good race that was.:) Came nowhere in qually but made up for it in the race. Got a good start and after the first corner found myself in second until I had my first brush with the wall which put me down the order. Had a good tussle with Martin for a couple of laps eventually finishing 3rd.:D

C u at next event.

hihi, was 2nd on 1st lap allready. my start was pure hax0rz. porche launched like
a bloody rocket between everyone.
after a while left 2 guys past me cause had no clue where to break and what corner
is coming next so was best move avoid crashes there, me messing up in front.
pushed to the max whole time, or what could. had few close calls and few heavy hits too
but car kept moving forward so np, after pit lost pace a bit, due damage but managed
to finish.
wasnt nearly the fastest but managed to keep own pace pretty good and made
less mistakes than rest so that was the key today.

Practice: Learning the track :) Knew I was on pace but couldn't string it together

Qualifying: Got an early good lap in of 2.10 I think, until Jamie followed by Patrick beat me, Patrick being 1.5 fast. Went back out on track and mucked the first flying lap up, with just enough time for another go and managed to nab pole by 0.034 :)

Race: On the grid is never a good place to realise that you don't have a clutch button mapped, it showed as Patrick shot off the line. Then going into T1 I locked the brakes dropped to 2nd to last with Jamie just in front.
What followed was some interesting racing as me and Jamie worked our way back through the field and some incredible speed until eventually we were running 2 & 3 again just 8 seconds behind Patrick, before that yellow flag appeared which mean Patrick had made a whoopsie.
With Patrick in the pits me and Jamie set to work on pulling away from Toni but the tyres were having none of that and Jamie promptly spun and so did I a few laps later putting Toni ahead, I ghosted Toni for a few laps but with the rears getting hotter & more difficult to hold I couldn't take 1st. Toni pitted earlier and I stayed out by the early pace had shot the tyres so I pitted 1 lap earlier than I wanted, part of the problem was carrying a full tank I think.
Coming out the pits the tyres felt great, 4 second to Toni and once I'd got settled I reeled him in at an incredible speed and passed after some slipstreaming before spinning out later and blocking the track. Got back on the pace and once again passed but the tyres we're going off once again and I lost the rear and enough time to not be able to catch Toni for those last laps. Tried at the final corner but got sideways and had to settle for second.

Grats on the win Toni :)

And I'll defiantly be at the PCC event I've forgotten how good these are (oh and I seem to do well in them :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back