rF2 PCC @ Oulton Park - Wednesday 12 November 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... qualified with a PB on 1:17:7 a 16th spot on the track...
On the start of the race i seem to be able to go around everybody who's spinning at turn 1,2,3.
But i still receive a blow on the back. :(
Driving 9th, but the car is shaky, not as tight as it should be.
Than after 1 lap, again at turn 1, i lose the car.
A full 180, doing my best to evade the man behind me.
Still he hits my front bumper and i lose a tyre and a small pice of the front end.
I go in to the pits, they fix the front, but not the rear.
So it still breaks out every right hand turn.
In to the garage not to endanger everybody else with my wreck.
Better luck next time, great track & cars.
I'm up for it.

PS...
The mess at the start was almost like a public server.
Half of the field seem to suddenly forget that cold tyres and breaks of 25 degrees don't work yet.
We have 40 laps to battle, and everybody wants to win in turn 1.

got hang of track pretty good, did guali with half tank fuel too and was 4th.
looked good.
on start yoeri had awesome start, but someone followed him and missed markers and
bumbed yoeri. i made him lil room 2 times and eventually someone came from back
and hit me lil too hard. car damaged.
drove like hmm well over 20 laps, had pitstop at lap 14 and was doing ok. think most
hadnt stopped, but that stupid car just wasnt the same again. horrible to maneuver
so spun 1 time too many and lost my nerves. so ESC for me.

:edit:
if someone drives slow ahead of you in start, he prolly has a reason for it?
its a 40 lap race! not like doing 5 lap sprint here.

1st time racing PCC and at Oulton Park so was pleased with 17th on the grid. took it easy on 1st lap and managed to avoid the crashes at T1 in front of me and made upto 12th. came off later but joined safely in 14th letting the 2 guys pass before i came onto track. Got upto 10th by lap 20 and came into pits. Pitstop was requested, crew were ready and i drove into the box and nothing happened. Sat there like a lemon. drove back and forward a little and came to a stop again and still nothing. No point in going on as not enough fuel to finish race.:sinister::sinister::sinister:. Thanks for the event. And Gary sorry i didnt get out your way

Hmm

Started 21st and after the hairpin I was in 11th you guys should take more care in the opening lap!!! Cold Tires + Brakes + Bumps is hard enough allready without trying to beat half the field every corner.

Anyways for me lap 1 was fun lap 2 started out to be nice also having a battle with Chris and someone else. Chris got away from me at the hairpin and the other guy(name did not show in replay) and I were going side by side on the back straight I eased of a little for the fast right hander to let us both life. Then Ryan came up from wayback and spoiled my race. Dunno but what do you think when 2 cars approach that corner that we will both be going through it full speed? Tried to continu but everyone around me parked the car so it wasn't that much fun anymore... ...continued some more overtook someone but that was it....

Really sorry Nils, didn't even know I'd touched you.

I qulaified 7th which was a little frustrating as I had more speed and 3rd was just 3 tenths up the road. Got a very bad start but all was very clean around me and we all lined up into Cascades. Somebody got spat off in front and Darren G behind me didn't slow down quickly enough and spun me out. Probably not his fault. Then in lap 2 after overtaking a few I hit Nils in the fast right hander. I thought I lost it by myself, but replay shows I tapped Nils and span both him and me. Really sorry Nils, I had no idea :(.

I made my way up to 7th by the first pit stop, closing on Daniel P, despite numerous 1 second screen freezes scaring the bejeezes out of me. When a screen freeze caused me to spin at Lodge for the third time, I decided to call it a night rather than get involved with someone and a screen freeze causing me to ruin their race.

I really enjoyed it, but I could have done with more practice and setup time. I only had official practice aside from 5 laps last night. No matter, was fun.

Thanks to Patrick and RD for organising this.

Really sorry Nils, didn't even know I'd touched you.

Not knowing you touched me is even worse as you basically bombed me. Bit strange not noticing this is a bit strange or was it someone else driving the white and orange car?

I tihnk that RD races are getting more and more like public servers judging from lap 1 that is :(

It wasn't my day in practice and in qually, seems a lot of guys where faster with my setup :)
Started 15th with 1 1:17.7 and again had a super start because of some rubbish at T1. The cold tyres and brakes where mentioned right before start in game !!! so everybody is suppost to take care first lap and T1. Lets do that next time like in all races so far. incedents happen guys lets move on :highfive:
Well i was 5th in second lap and 14 th two laps later ............:sinister:
Lots of spins and small mistakes,and some nice racing as well .Finished 7th in the end but that was a gift form all who crashed and left . Winner will pick track so congrats to Simon and suprise us m8 :good:

Attachments

• GRAB_023.jpg
    GRAB_023.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 236
  • GRAB_024.jpg
    GRAB_024.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 243
  • GRAB_025.jpg
    GRAB_025.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 230
  • GRAB_026.jpg
    GRAB_026.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 247
Not knowing you touched me is even worse as you basically bombed me. Bit strange not noticing this is a bit strange or was it someone else driving the white and orange car?

I tihnk that RD races are getting more and more like public servers judging from lap 1 that is :(

Don't exaggerate Nils, I didn't 'bomb' you. That corner launches the car into the air, and you tightened your line slightly on the exit. It was just a tap, but at high speed and in an unstable corner. And as I say, I didn't even think I'd touched you, so the contact must have been light.

I think I would have noticed if I had bombed you. I do not appreciate you accusing me of such.

• Andrew Evans

guys, as per club rules, please take a chill and discuss this tomorrow before it get out of hand. srsly.

hi there friends

very nice race
qualify the last but on the race i manage to stay focus all the race
and stay allways in the line and works manage to finish 9 place
congrats to the winner and all the finishers

see u all next one
respect nuno:music2:

• Chris Noble

Well interesting fun this race was!

Qualified 10th I think and got a good start but was on the outside and gary beside me got a really good start on the inside.

Got stuck on the outside of turn 1and then Yoeri was avoiding someone into my path so I tried to go wider onto the grass, not sure if I clipped you or not? if so sorry!

Proceeded to have a good battle with Jamie and Nils and got nils going round the outside on the hairpin!

Then later when battling Gary came up on a backmarker NUMO who was in the race line and I couldnt avoid hitting him so had to slam my brakes on ! very annoying, and to make matters worse Cheeky gary kept all of his momemtum and got past me! First time being owned by a backmarker! al la Tom Cornel style!

Pics below of my race :)

GRAB_001.JPG

GRAB_004.JPG

GRAB_006.JPG

GRAB_008.JPG

GRAB_009.JPG

GRAB_010.JPG

GRAB_011.JPG

GRAB_012.JPG

GRAB_015.JPG

GRAB_017.JPG

• Chris Noble

Hmm

Started 21st and after the hairpin I was in 11th you guys should take more care in the opening lap!!! Cold Tires + Brakes + Bumps is hard enough allready without trying to beat half the field every corner.

Anyways for me lap 1 was fun lap 2 started out to be nice also having a battle with Chris and someone else. Chris got away from me at the hairpin and the other guy(name did not show in replay) and I were going side by side on the back straight I eased of a little for the fast right hander to let us both life. Then Ryan came up from wayback and spoiled my race. Dunno but what do you think when 2 cars approach that corner that we will both be going through it full speed? Tried to continu but everyone around me parked the car so it wasn't that much fun anymore... ...continued some more overtook someone but that was it....

Other guy in the yellow car Nils was Jamie Wilson

we all just need to chill at start guys, 40laps.
allso chill at overtake, u can be 2secs faster in clear run but if there is experienced
driver ahead, it will take you few laps to doit still. :edit: or u never get pass :edit:
unless u just go forit and eventually crash.
its sweet to pursuit. check where u can doit, and then doit and succeed.
game of chess kinda. nothing like a pass that u plan few laps, then get it done, or
dont get it done but the memory stays and those moments u remember in your races.
clean, nice runs.
respects.

thats racing.

my qualy was really bad lol was simply slow :disapointed:

start was totaly stupid from me. First I sleeped when lights where green, so no good start. Then I did a stupid noob mistake by forgetting the low tyre temp+ brake temp. In rfactor the tyres are around 40° on evo 70° :disapointed: stupid me. So I went out in green and hited the wall. Thanks good I hited nobody in T1 :clap: So I was last :quiet:. Then funny racing throu the field. Some battels was overtoken by a few people LOL.
Toni did a good move and get pas me also Yoeri :clap:. But they did mistakes and so I finaly with a good strategie and always one eye on the classfield I managed to go on p3. Unlucky Chris:hug-right: how lost p3 2 laps to go with a puncher
grats to simon and ben who was the better racer today :highfive::beer: thx RD for this event and see you all soon on track :laugh2:

generated stats:
--->klick me for see stats<---

we all just need to chill at start guys, 40laps.
allso chill at overtake, u can be 2secs faster in clear run but if there is experienced
driver ahead, it will take you few laps to doit still. :edit: or u never get pass :edit:
unless u just go forit and eventually crash.
its sweet to pursuit. check where u can doit, and then doit and succeed.
game of chess kinda. nothing like a pass that u plan few laps, then get it done, or
dont get it done but the memory stays and those moments u remember in your races.
clean, nice runs.
respects.

thats racing.

:amen: thats the point :clap:

you was clear faster then I but you don't overact and drove a few laps behind me. Then you passed me on the outside :clap:

I thought i qual 10th?

I did get off the line well though and avoided everything going on ahead,and even better,all the guys behind me allowed for me having to check up to avoid stuff,so no bumps in the back at all,early laps were really just settling in and building up pace as i got more comfortable,on the back of Oliver Amos really enjoying the chase and pressurising,then i made a stupid mistake at the final turn,my plan was to get close and try and get the power on a bit earlier and go for a run down pit straight,all terribly timed and i ended up giving the back of Oli's car the slightest of taps (isnt always the slightest of taps?)....result we both spun in unison,and recovered as we were before,we lost a place to Patrick,and Chris was now close,big apologies for that stupidty Oli,completely avoidable and needless....
As the pics show me and Chris had some superb close stuff,round the hairpin side by side,the back marker cheeky pass incident (i wasnt smiling as i went past there Chris m8...honest :clap:),i got a bit over confident now and had my first spin out of T2,back just seemed to let go on me,recovered and plodded on and caught Chris again,and took a run on him out of T1,then overbaked it into T2 and got a right tank slapper on and off again (im sure you werent smiling then too Chris :laugh2:).
My tyres then seemed to take on a new kind of second life to them,and it felt really good,Ben was actually holding me at certain points just before my late as hell pit,before my pit i toggled to the menu and cancelled out the fuel i chose at start,but when i stopped it still had my fuel choice there,i didnt fumble around to change it,so fuel and 4 tyres,it was looking like 5th place until i came upon Chris with his puncture gifting me 4th,another lap or 2 and i might have closed on Daniel,or maybe just not doing my silly stuff earlier would have ensured that....oh well.
Grats Si Trendell,well done m8,good job Benny boy,you should be happy with 2nd with some of the malarky i saw you up to ;) lol,well done Daniel rounding out the PCC Oulton podium!.
Muchos Thankos Pat and Andrew for the gift of PCC racing :clap:.

I must say the collision detection of this mod is not so good..
A small bump can make somebody fly, if you hit him on a certain angle.
Sometimes you can drive half way in to an other car before there is a collision.
Still they drive awesome, a bit flatter track for the next time would be welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back