rF2 PCC @ Orchard lake road course - 6th June 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Chris Noble

Is the server up yet as I can't find it in the lobby

Andy

Yeah it is. "RaceDeparment.com" is the name.

If you cannot see it after several refreshes then close rfactor and go to rFactor/userdata/yourname/multiplayer.ini

Open it up and find the line "Concurrent Server Updates="400" "

Increase the number significantly, say 2000 and then start rFactor again and try again, hopefully should appear more readily then.

• Chris Noble

Come on get yourself in the game winston :p quali shortly!

• Sol Leung

o.. went home too late, just made it into the end of warm up, but since i don't have the setup ready(i was refueling the car) and missed the start of the race! >_<"
i thought u can start from the pit, guess not.. Have fun guys!! Lookforward to the next PCC race. :)

• Andy Marsden

Well that was a short race :(

QUALI
19th out of 20, wasn't expecting much in my first rFactor race.

RACE
Almost spun at the start which cost me a few seconds but made up decent ground as people fell off the track and I managed a few decent overtaking moves. Start of lap two and I was gentle in coming off the oval to avoid causing a shunt when I got walloped from behind by Patrick Van Diel, partly my fault as I braked a bit too much and he wasn't expecting it.
Took LOTS of damage and pitted for repairs. Suspension wasn't fully fixed and was causing me to veer to the right so I had to pull in and retire. Shame as I was really looking forward to this event.

OVERALL
A massive could do better for me. Maybe next time I can manage a better result. The section coming of the oval really is a killer though.

Regards,

Andy

First of all, apologies for the full course yellow, i fear that may have been my fault as i lost it entering the banking in front of another car.

Not a bad race, did ok at teh start and soon found a decent rythem, few slip ups but was doing ok as the sun went down.

During the night had the above mentioned incident and i fear wrecked another drivers car (sorry). The pit stop to repair ent badly as i ended up in the nascar pits so had to do a further lap with a puncture, then pitted forgetting to take fuel so managed a total of 3 pitstops under yellows.

As morning began to dawn and cars dropped i soon found my way through the order although the 2 cars behind me got passed. Unfortuntaly a connection blip started to creep in with cars in front vanishing, half a lap later it finally failed and i lost connection to the server

Great race though, the 24 hour format really adds something special.

• Chris Noble

Well fairly pleased really considering these cars are not the easiest to drive.

qualified 5th out of the 20 drivers present

Was running 3rd and Patrick put a move up the inside into the dreaded turn 1! managed to make space and take it easy, but we touched front wheels later one putting us both on the grass!

Then full course yellow during the night, went into the pits during the caution lap and got ahead of a guy and got a stop/go penalty.

got through all that and running in 5th place and lost it on the unsighted corner and hit the barriers killing my engine :( race over!

Good racing with you guys though!

I had a great race, the first stint was a nightmare. Qualified 3rd thanks to a tow from Yoeri.
I went off t1 (many times) falling back eventually to p9 when the Full course yellow, which actually added a bit of realism as I'm sure it made people think about their strategies. Decided to pit but not until I was sure there was no penalty, fall back futher but other pitted the next lap giving me 3rd for the restart.
Made a good breakaway, me, Yoeri & Mark away from the rest of the pack, the banking section was great for drafting and got on the outside of Yoeri going into t1, I thinkit wasn't the best place since Yoeri lost it under braking. Leaving just Mark between me and 1st. Got past Mark but lost it at t1, then Mark pitted giving me 1st and a 30 second lead.
Took it easy gained enough time to have a free pitstop and even more.
Time passed and I collected the flag :)

Brilliant racing, very tricky circuit though.

Amazing Race!

Well that was the most fun race I have raced in ever!!! My best performance in a competitive RaceDepartment race.

Qual: Qualied 6th. Can't believe I was actually competitive.

Race: Can't believe I got off the line cleanly and managed to stay in the top 6 on lap one. Got a little [hard] love tap into T1 in the first few laps [:D no problem here - as the Porsche seems to be quite sturdy].

Kept turning in clean competitive laps and made a great judgement call when the full course yellow came out. I didn't pit - I kept to my scheduled fuel window. Had 5 more laps to put in and was a very light car compared to everyone else. Managed to keep the lead for a few laps then had to settle for 2nd.

I was actually running 2nd :D:D:D.

I then increased my fuel at the stop to fill the tank. I had to splash and dash in the last 10 minutes - which let Yoeri into 2nd. I had worn out tyres but gambled that I could run reasonable laps to allow me to stay on the podium before the clock ran out.

Finished 3rd... Woohoo!!!

Great race everyone. Thanks for organising.

• Roman Liebich

I just love Porsches..
During Free Practice managed finally a 1:20 lap..
Quali was then a disaster, managed to make just two decent laps (mid 1:21), then just kept on making errors..
Warm Up was excellent time for getting used to car with full tank

Race
Pretty good start, tbh I almost jump started (Yep I hit so nice :)), managed to drive crash free through T1 and T2, then some cars began to spin in front of me, so I slowed a bit, which wasn`t so smart, cause someone hit me from behind.. (my mistake). Afterwards I just kept on driving as cool as possible to avoid mistakes, Full Course yellow appeared from nowhere (they were that far..), so 1st pit under yellow, which helped me gain some spots..
The night was ok, until I found myself on 2nd spot, moment of not concentrating on race track, Boom! and front splitter was gone, thankfully I could continue, although was slow.., 5 laps thereafter came another small crash which finally cost me my 2nd place..
During second pit stop I lost another 2 spots and happily finished 5th, after some driving with Simon, who passed me like 3 or 4 times, as he kept spinning in T2 couple of times..

TBH I didn`t like this track from the first moment I have driven it, but found my way to like it, T1+T2 is one of the hardest turns I have ever driven and the driver has to be fully concentrated + have luck to survive in a race.

The race was awesome and I hope a PCC league can happen..
+ the chat about Jessica was really funny..

So congratulations Simon, Yoeri and Mark and to all those who managed to finish this great race..

Yes sry for the touch Chris, i saw a small gap and wanted in . Stupid enough i had the same with Mark in T1 . I think i brake a bit later then both of you and made me think i could make it.
Well 2 times sry :(
I must say the rest of the race caught me back with a stop for damage with Mark and a stop because the SC was out and my car wanted to kiss the wall when i came up to the rest. After we could roll on i passed someone before the finish line and got a stop&go. So 16th i was:ambulance:
After all i was 6th i think with a great race pace after all the trouble.
It was fun guys and hope to see you all next event ;)

During second pit stop I lost another 2 spots and happily finished 5th, after some driving with Simon, who passed me like 3 or 4 times, as he kept spinning in T2 couple of times..

Sorry about that, the last time my paddle decided I should shift two gears instead of 1 putting me into first and therefore spinning. The other times I was just going too fast.

OMG i finished!

Wooohoo!

Congrates to all, a very tricky track, and a god awful car!
Finally finished in 8th, started in 20th....if only my mirrors worked better i wouldnt have felt the need to pop the car onto the grass to let the leaders pass, i just didnt trust those pesky mirrors!

2 Pit stops, nearly went the wrong side of the wall, thanks to Rob who luckly was:
A) Behind me
B) On TS.....!
"Left side Winnie"

Loved every min, the more i play the more confident i will become,

Winston

• Roman Liebich

Sorry about that, the last time my paddle decided I should shift two gears instead of 1 putting me into first and therefore spinning. The other times I was just going too fast.

No need to be sorry Simon! The gap in front of me was too big and your spinning really didn`t affect my driving..:thumb:
I hope I didn`t slow you down..

MY first seriosu encounter with rFactor. I had never really got into the game and didn't like it , because I coul not get used to it.

Things have changed now... This event was seriously good stuff!.

I had practised a bit during the Wednesday and Thursday before the event, so I good get used to the cars and catch up a bit with all you rF lovers. So, I came prepared.

Qualification
Whoooozaaaaah! 1.19.5. I had just run first my 19 and this was the 3rd already. Me: Happy! :D
James's 18.9 was elusive. Man, where do you get that from?

My compliments to the rest as well. The field was pretty close with loads of the 20s and 21s. You would think we're in league pre-qualification...

Race
Got away well at the start and tried to pass James on the outside, but he sticked and stood his ground, so I decided to let go and switch to chase-mode. James was pretty quick, but I could follow him a a steady 2 seconds distance. Then James spun off T2. I passed him and decided to go for a safe drive to keep the tires in good condition. It appeared that people behind me had problems, as James and I pulled away and had about 15-20 second when the first FCY was called.

It was timed perfectly. I had planned for 2-stop strategy at 20th and 40th minute of the race to fuel up and get new rubber. The yellow waved after about 19 minutes, so I decided to move to the pitlane and take advantage of the situatuon. I moved back on track in 6th position. Then the next lap, still under yellow, James went in and I lined up second behind Mark.
My chances were good, I thought, at that piont.

The restart went well, although my car felt very unsettling. Not a miracle, as they were cold, new tires. I tried to not push to hard, but didn;t want to lose Mark either. Then, the next lap, horror struck. I lost it in T1, coming off the oval. I'm not sure whether it was Simon hitting me or me just spinning, either way, the car went light in the rear and before I coudl react it was planted with the nose in the wall. I manged to come back on track fairly fast and struggled to the pit, drunk-driving-style. Sorry guys, it was messy...

This incident was badly timed (as if these things ever come in handy...). There was more than 30 minutes to go, so there was no chance for me to combine the reparation with a regular pitstop and save time. It lost me the race.

I can back at sixth and tried to push as fast as I could. The fresh tires didn't have to last very long anyway: just 10-15 minutes. I pushed and got a little closer to the guys in front and then made the final pit stop.
The countdown had begun.

As I rushed my way to the finish, the other drivers also pitted for their final drups of fuel. I was fast and managed to pass people while they were in the box. I moved to third and gained steadily on Mark in second. The gap went from 40 to 30 seconds and counted 27 when Mark hit the box for his final stop. We reached T2, just after the pit exit simultaneously and engaged in combat for second position. I got the upper hand, probably because my tires were much fresher than Mark's, who had chose not to chance them for these last few laps.

Simon was away 45 seconds by then and would not be catched anymore. The only thing I could do was secure second. I did by pullign away from teh guys behind me and crossed the line 43 seconds behind Simon and 8 seconds in front of Mark.

I glad with the result. Congratulations Simon. Bloody good job, mate! :thumb:

I finished my Race in wall after hitting Chris when he spun on Kerb after Yellow :D

1.18.9 in Qually and it took 3 laps to get it i really dunno how but i nailed that lap to perfection :D

I was having such a lovely chat with the chaps in TS that I went to the loo a bit late and just missed the start. Went to start from the pitlane but saw the red light too late and got DQed - doh!

• Chris Noble

Yeah probably my fault asking you too many questions!

Was a good race and I thought the standard of racing was very good.

Dont worry Patrick I just put our coming together as an incident where we didnt see each other very well! Dam crazy place to choose a move when thats the corner of death! haha.

Hope we have another good race with these cars in the future. got a lot of good running in them as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%