rF2 PCC 2007 @ Mid-Ohio - Sunday March 8th

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all new rFactor players (that includes me) if you are using the Realfeel plugin try the following setting for the Porsches mod in the Realfeelplugin.ini
[PCCA2007]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-1000.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
SmoothingLevel=4

It feels really good:)

• Matt Alpeter

sign me up!!!!! ..as long as i can get it all installed and running in time :) :) :)

Hahaha... Hhaah...

I am still laughing. What a great fun!! The first 3 laps were awesome we were all bunched up together. Then my bother thinks it is the banger event and takes me out. I have all bunch of car problems and I have no idea how to pit in rFactor (I know I should have tried that out). Well my pit stops costs me like 3minutes (2 laps) then I am silly enough to go out speeding!! awww.... blag flag!! lol.... stop and go...
I am finally back out on the track 3laps down. Jean-Michel decides to wait for me and we are having fun the rest of the race!! What a blast!! I cant wait for next weeks event!! I have to say I even really liked the Porsches!!

Heheh.. Yes it was fun! After I made a stupid error on the second lap and was rammed by the speedmonsters Ryan and Oliver, I kinda ended up in a vacume where I could find my own rythm and just defend the podium.

I have already signed up for the BMW E90 event on wednesday!

Yes it was fun, but very short for me. I learned a lesson though. Make sure the family knows it is race time. I crashed myself out in the third lap due to home distractions. I did stay to watch the rest of the race and learned a few techniques watching Ryan float smoothly around the track. That is until lap 23 when he blew his left front tire. I cant believe you drove the last lap on your rim Ryan! Olivier kept his cool and waited for his chance and got the win. Was a lot of fun watching guys, Thanks!

Well I was gutted. Welcome back to racing Ryan!

Qualified comfortably P1 (I think - I didn't quite catch Olivier's time), aside from Mr Haba who came in and took pole but then left. However I beat his laptime with 2 minutes to go, a minute after he left, so I was very pleased with that.

In the race I got a reasonable start just holding off Olivier in T1, but then locked up ever so slightly into T2 and with cold tyres and a full tank I squirmed off onto the grass back down to 4th. Had a nice bit of side by side action with Bob, before nipping past a few corners later. Olivier dropped it into the final corner, broke too late, and Helge and I squeezed through. I caught Helge rapidly over the next lap, taking Olivier with me. We were all bunched up into turn 5,6,7. Helge made a mistake, cutting over the inside of the corner and coming back on track before his car gripping again as he compensated for the slide and swerving into the side of me, pinging back across unlucky Olivier's path. Both took some sizable damage whereas I got away relatively unscathed (or so I thought).

The next 21 laps were lonely, so I worked on some consistency having been out of action for a while, with mixed success. Partly down to good speed and partly due to Olivier's damage I had built a 27 second lead going into lap 23 and was about to lap Helge when disaster struck.

My front left (I thought it was a rear till I look at the replay) inexplicably punctured going into Turn 5. I hadn't crashed or spun all race, so the only thing I can think of that would have caused would have been when Helge's car struck the side of me on lap 2 and the slight damage eventually took it's toll.

The car was impossible round right hander's and with it being a clockwise track I couldn't hold off Olivier, overtaking me two corners from the end. Sickening.

Thanks anyway to Eric and RD - shame the turnout wasn't better. PCC is a great mod and Mid-Ohio is one of the best. People have missed out. Difficult for Europeans with the late Sunday night though.

Hahaha... Hhaah...

I am still laughing. What a great fun!! The first 3 laps were awesome we were all bunched up together. Then my bother thinks it is the banger event and takes me out. I have all bunch of car problems and I have no idea how to pit in rFactor (I know I should have tried that out). Well my pit stops costs me like 3minutes (2 laps) then I am silly enough to go out speeding!! awww.... blag flag!! lol.... stop and go...
I am finally back out on the track 3laps down. Jean-Michel decides to wait for me and we are having fun the rest of the race!! What a blast!! I cant wait for next weeks event!! I have to say I even really liked the Porsches!!

Lol... yeah, I tried to pass Bob for a complete lap but the scoundrel was defending well his territory, great job! I made a mistake in T1, sorry about that Bob, let him through with you as you were riding his trunk :rotfl: then I rode yours... :eat:

After you had to stop to fix your stuff, I was so lonely i decided to wait for you :in-love: so we could have a little fun at the end... :sinister: haha, great battle that was since we were trying to outbreak each other at every turn!

The whole rFactor racing experience was very fun! The car was very fun to drive... sometimes even tricky... lol and the track was very cool.

Let's have more of this stuff!

What a blast. Great close racing. My fuel calculations almost went wrong because I only was lapped once (counted on twice :)) Actually was started to figure out how to drive the cars by the end of the race.

Tons of fun. Thanks Eric for organizing this great event!

PS Eric - Brothers can be a pain eh? You have your chance for revenge next week @ the Bangers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%