Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Well Peter, you may get your wish. And I now know there are some serious issues to be ironed out. We tried to join about 12-14 guys tonight and after about 10 attempts gave up. The very last race saw two get booted and me taken out with a lag crash from another car...and that was only with 4-5 in the race at the time.

Obviously, either Microsoft (SMS blames them to a certain extent) or SMS need to get their act together on the multiplayer side. Right now, private lobbies are unplayable. The only possible solution may be to limit it to 6-8 guys, create two lobbies, and make sure they are on different continents. That's not what I'm aiming to do here.

I'm going to write a long note in SMS forums (for which I'll probably be banned) and then make an announcement here that says we will keep trying Silverstone every week at the same time until we can actually make it work. Making it work means having more than 10 players in the lobby, or even a full lobby. There is no excuse for not being able to to this, since good 'ol Forza5 did it without a hitch in all the leagues I have run.

Sorry guys...I tried. Hopefully the patch will fix things. If not, I have an idea for another league...one that follows the "Zero to Hero" career path and we could simply run two lobbies of 8 or less. AND probably slit the lobbies across the oceans. At least this kind of league would not take so much time to invest in and be such a disappointment when it fails. Which, right now, it's doing.

Due to the fact that Slightly Mad Studios has delivered to the public a game (Project CARS) that renders the ability to organize a private lobby of 16 online players on the Xbox One currently very difficult (evidenced by our recent experiences of random freezing users, random kicks, and debilitating online lag) and makes pitting a gamble that could end your race, all league races will "no pit required" and require us to use comms in party chat or Skype if grids grow. (Remember to reset your modem and router and go to party chat first, where we will stay for the duration of the race).

It is unclear who is to blame for this product that was delivered to the public in this current state, however, we note that many other racing games on the Xbox One run 16 grid private lobby multiplayer races with little or no problems. Forza Motorsport 5 is a good example. As such, this race destroying defect in design will not allow organized leagues to operate with pits or variable weather as long as problems persist such as we experienced on May 30th, 2015 and July 18, 2015. Some have documented their experiences on the pCARS forums and I encourage all to do this.

Note to Players who have signed up: Rooms of eight (8) racers in a party chat (with only up to maybe two exceptions) would also mean that is the max lobby size at this time. However, if two lobbies must be formed, we will create a separate party chat and divide the lobbies according to qualifying. Then, points descend starting with the first lobby down, however, if any person in a lower lobby shall equal a person's time of race in the upper lobby, the person in the lower lobby shall receive the same points as the person in the upper lobby. Or, in the alternative, we will go to Skype if everyone wishes to stay together.

Sincerely,
Robert Waddell

Last edited:
Thanks for the race afterwards guys, had a poor start but managed to slightly pick up the pace.
Raced on the hards all race, pit around lap 11 and was sat in the box for an extra 10secs because i couldnt choose my pit setup! In the end ot put me on a formula rookie setup with the tyre pressure sky high!

So i always had a front left constantly hot.
Managed to get 2:03s from then on to end the race.
Very consistant from me for once, unlucky to the other drivers.

Will have to look into setup though so i can win some actual racing!

Whenever i got close to someone, they would just pull away on the straights!

Obviously, either Microsoft (SMS blames them to a certain extent) or SMS need to get their act together on the multiplayer side. Right now, private lobbies are unplayable. That's not what I'm aiming to do here. The only possible solution may be to limit it to 6-8 guys, create two lobbies, and make sure they are on different continents.

I'm going to write a long note in SMS forums (for which I'll probably be banned) and then make an announcement here that says this league is postponed but we will keep trying Silverstone every week at the same time until we can actually make it work. Making it work means having more than 10 players in the lobby, or even a full lobby. There is no excuse for not being able to to this, since good 'ol Forza5 did it without a hitch in all the leagues I have run.

Sorry guys...I tried. Hopefully the patch will fix things. If not, I have an idea for another league...one that follows the "Zero to Hero" career path and we could simply run two lobbies of 8 or less. AND probably split the lobbies across the oceans. At least this kind of league would not take so much time to invest in and be such a disappointment when it fails. Which, right now, it's doing.

Last edited:
Maybe Peter can be back and have a proper go at it with a wheel by the time they get this Multiplayer straight. Word of advice though.. what ever you do...don't press the Xbox Button on the controller your headset is plugged into by accident, when driving. You will bin the car. :(

I gave up a 7.5 second advantage over Railer by trying to pick up my controller after if fell off my rig. I must have accidentally pressed the Xbox Button and it took me to the home screen while my car continued on into the wall at the end of the Hanger Straight. Needless to say when I got back in the car it was pretty bent up. I see now I'm going to have to add a little holder for my controller so that doesn't happen again.
IMG_20150530_160924_zpsub3gxiya.jpg

IMG_20150530_161011_zps2zsyifip.jpg

Last edited:
I gave up a 7.5 second advantage over Railer by trying to pick up my controller after if fell off my rig. I must have accidentally pressed the Xbox Button and it took me to the home screen while my car continued on into the wall at the end of the Hanger Straight. Needless to say when I got back in the car it was pretty bent up. I see now I'm going to have to add a little holder for my controller so that doesn't happen again.
IMG_20150530_160924_zpsub3gxiya.jpg

IMG_20150530_161011_zps2zsyifip.jpg
Nice rig man!

Wow, that sounds like one frustrating night. Really sorry to hear that guys :( I assumed something was up as I managed to get in to watch the Twitch feed from Boothy and nothing was happening for ages so I had to give up.

What exactly were the issues, was it just getting people into the lobby or were there other things besides that too?

@Robert Waddell don't go getting yourself banned from their forums buddy, we need to be able to get our points across to them and that's much easier from inside than outside :thumbsup:

Hugely disappointed to not be reading some great race reports and have some videos to watch but I'm sure that's far less than you guys that were trying to get some racing done last night :thumbsdown:

I'm assuming that nobody has taken part in any serious online racing so far but just been limited to the odd race involving very few drivers? I guess some real testing is needed to try to work out what is possible in the game in its current state.

Gutted for you, as i was looking forward to seeing the highlights - i would've taken part but i was a bit busy with other things (Also annoyed as an Aston Villa fan.... F*** you Boothy :p )

I think having different leagues is a good idea, it might even sort out the problem between the time differences - if we have two lobbies of 8, one for the USA and one for Europe, then the top 4 of each league race against eachother in another race at some point? That's just an idea.

I really don't want to be racing at 11pm anyway, i tend to usually go to sleep around 10:30pm meaning that i'm really tired halfway through the race too.

Hope SMS sort these issues out soon, really is a bit annoying.

The most drivers i have had a decent full race with was 5 i think, including myself.

Full lobbies on XB1 are either non-existent or ALWAYS has some knobfruit in who spins you on the first corner.

It's really frustrating, especially for such a well executed game to start with... If they sorted the online issues out then this game would be phenomenal

Gutted for you, as i was looking forward to seeing the highlights - i would've taken part but i was a bit busy with other things (Also annoyed as an Aston Villa fan.... F*** you Boothy :p )

I think having different leagues is a good idea, it might even sort out the problem between the time differences - if we have two lobbies of 8, one for the USA and one for Europe, then the top 4 of each league race against eachother in another race at some point? That's just an idea.

I really don't want to be racing at 11pm anyway, i tend to usually go to sleep around 10:30pm meaning that i'm really tired halfway through the race too.

Hope SMS sort these issues out soon, really is a bit annoying.

Yea, that's exactly the kind of setup I was thinking about. Sort of like a round robin format with the top three or so racing either after the first two races or on another day. More to follow. It would be something to do until they get this mess sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back