PC1 pCARS - handling & physics am I missing something?

Just installed Project Cars and loaded up Silverstone International (my default track on AC and I've also had the benefit of driving on it for real) and a few different cars. I'm using a T500RS and Clubsport Pedals V2 with all driving aids turned off.

Am I missing something? The handling just seems awful, I'm getting very little meaningful feedback through the FFB and virtually nothing from the audio (i.e. basically no tyre noise when turning or braking). I find that sometimes I can get the car to lock up brakes / spin but it all feels a bit random and there is nothing that gives you a sense of the grip that you have when cornering / braking / accelerating.

I wasn't necessarily expecting rf2/AC levels of realism but this just feels like a full on arcade game (although it sure looks great).

My inclination is to write off my £40 and go back to AC.

Should I persist? Do I just need to invest more time and start playing round with FFB settings? Or is this it?

Thanks - FFB is much better, not there yet but definitely gives me some hope! There are an insane number of variables to fiddle with. Still absolutely no tyre noise though.... Assuming there should be some?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%