PC1 Pcars Dash app

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
For anyone who has not discovered this little beauty, this app is superb in my opinion.
I really enjoy using Pcars and using this app on my windows phone. It adds info that is very much needed but not available on the screen. Tyre wear, body damage etc etc etc.
It works on Windows phones, android phones and tablets with wifi/usb. I love it. I have it mounted next to my wheel for a quick glance now and again. Very useful indeed and it costs very little.

Have a look:
http://www.pocketplayground.net/pcars-dash.html

pcars%20dash%20pic_zpszvf75qhb.png

Why this stuff is not in the game telemetry HUD as optional bits to turn on or off, I´ll never know. The fact that you can´t check oil and water temps in cars with no MOTEC without 3rd party apps is outrageous.

Why this stuff is not in the game telemetry HUD as optional bits to turn on or off, I´ll never know. The fact that you can´t check oil and water temps in cars with no MOTEC without 3rd party apps is outrageous.
You're right, but since we don't have it, there's so many neat little apps (that provide dashes not only for pCars, but for AC, rF2 and even iRacing), that for a fiver give you all of that and help you keep the screen as clean as in rl (which is what we're aiming for, right).

Actually I agree with Drygl. Why couldn't Pcars have a seperate screen in screen (box) with selectable telemetry data, tyre wear etc etc? It surely is simple for them to do after all the data is there and this would benefit all those single screen casual users that do not want to buy extra tablets etc.
I don't mind using the above app because I just utilize my Windows phone for it. But it would be nice to have the data on screen. I only use helmet cam in Pcars because I love the immersion that gives, but I wouldn't mind a boxout in the corner with my selectable data in it.

Hmm.. how many race drivers have all of this data available to them while they are actually in the car? Most rely on pit communication don't they? Let's face it, most people have mobile devices. At the very least they have a cell phone. I would go as far as to say that most sim racers have a tablet as well. I know it seem like we get nickel and dimed in most aspects of our lives as consumers but this option isn't necessary to sim race successfully. Besides, most systems are struggling to handle this title already. Wouldn't adding this stuff just introduce more issues/bugs? I can think of a few things I would like to see added to improve it's viability as a good alternative sim before all of this telemetry. Like:

More stability in MP connections
More tracks
Ferrari, Nissan
Better replay system

For now, I'll try the app.

pCars has improved a bit since release thanks to the long awaited patches. Still not ready for prime time though.

I would go as far as to say that most sim racers have a tablet as well. /QUOTE]

I do, but it's of the Apple variety and there aren't any good telemetry app available for it (that I know of), they're all on Android or Windows. I use SinSpeed for my gear/shiftlight but it only shows speed related info, nothing about tires or temps or damage. :(

You're right, but since we don't have it, there's so many neat little apps (that provide dashes not only for pCars, but for AC, rF2 and even iRacing), that for a fiver give you all of that and help you keep the screen as clean as in rl (which is what we're aiming for, right).

True for PC. What for us console peasants? I don´t have a way to check the engine temperature on half the cars in the game.

What do I do, assign random values to radiator?

Well, if you live in Europe, then for most part of the day, the temperature of the engine is "too hot" or even "boiling". But, joke aside, i understand your situation, where it's "all in one" or nothing.
This idea of assigning values to radiator seems very innovative, you just need a BT equipped radiator with background illumintation.

Well, if you live in Europe, then for most part of the day, the temperature of the engine is "too hot" or even "boiling". But, joke aside, i understand your situation, where it's "all in one" or nothing.
This idea of assigning values to radiator seems very innovative, you just need a BT equipped radiator with background illumintation.

Don´t mention mate, I´m Spanish. I´m boiling alive these days.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 13.9%