PC1 pCars = crap to start with

Marco Versele

Hhmmm, yes ...
I'm playing most of the recent racing games except iRacing.
Never had any difficulty to setup the game (with Reiza's Game stock car Extreme just 100% right out of the box).
Having to find out and adjust as well the controller as the car setups each time again and again is IMHO a slip and very unpleasant There are to many variables, and that cannot work.
It's like a walking stick with a hinge in the middle. You never get it right.
The number of posts each with the same question: "How to setup FFB?", but each with a different outcome, speaks for itself.

As for me, I went back to rFactor2. At least I can race.

Doesn't that only save for one car though Jim? I have tried that and when I tried a different car I had to start again :unsure:
It will come I suppose, will keep testing ;)
I think it does it for each track mate. I've been extensively testing the Gt3 Ginetta at Brno for about 500 hours lol then had a quick blast on Nordy and sure the set up was there as well.

This car must also have fake ffb then :) It seem in some places he's just trying to look for grip between the tyres and the asphalt, that's why in some places you'll see the steering a bit more exaggerated than usual.
But just pay attention to the forces coming from the car/tyres, and the driver's response through the steering. This does look like the forces when driving AC on this track with a gt2/3 car, especially with a DirectDrive wheel.

There is a difference between looking for grip and feeling "elevation changes, uneven surface". I actually do some of this stuff myself so I'm familiar with the feeling. Not a wet session, but you'll see some grip loss in my video above but in no way do I feel 90% of things people are describing through a steering wheel. I do feel those things, but it's through the car's chassis via the seat. This is why I suggest some "fake" FFB effects are a good thing since it really would be pretty boring if all we had is what a real steering wheel offered.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back