PC2 PCARS 2 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 and 911 RSR Latest Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS 2 Porsche Previews 4.jpg

With a new DLC release right around the corner it's time for more preview images from the PCARS 2 'Porsche Legends' DLC - Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8...

Featuring nine new models and the Leipzig 'Porsche On-road Circuit', the latest DLC offering for Project CARS 2 is set to hit the March 6th on both console and PC versions of the simulation. Coming in at 3.7KM and designed by Herman Tilke, the man responsible for many of the modern Formula One circuits in use at the moment, the Leipzig circuit is a rare one in sim racing circles, and should provide something on an interesting change for players now accustomed to the usual roster of tracks found in the current crop of games.

Although many are maybe unfamiliar with this Porsche owned track, the corners might prove more memorable thanks to being modelled on many of the best turns from circuits around the world.. The Leipzig based racetrack is FIA certified and as such can theoretically host racing events, however the track is mostly used by Porsche themselves to test their range of road and race machines, as well as the odd driving experience day for lucky owners and fans...

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

PCARS 2 Porsche Previews 3.jpg
PCARS 2 Porsche Previews 2.jpg
PCARS 2 Porsche Previews 1.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Pleased to see the iconic Carrera RSR 2.8 coming to PCARS 2? Enjoying the sim so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
And released they are. Gave them all a quick spin and I love them. Yes, sound may be appear a little bit muffled compared to real life though I question more and more the aggresiveness of in game sounds. And my ears do appreciate the more muffled sound very much cause I'm alway use my headphones for racing (a little compromise for keeping the Mrs. happy). And I personally dislike high pitch sounds because I have already got hearing loss (by nature, not because being exposed too long to loud sounds) and high pitch sounds do literally causing me pain and irritation in my ears.

And the way the cars handles are very good and natural in my humble opinion. They all have a distinctive weight shift and specific feel. And since I've never been fortunate enough to own one and race them :rolleyes::roflmao:, they feel pretty much what I would expect in real life. Oh, and the Leipzig track is also very nice! Fun track to drive!

And hopefully we can expect some more CAN AM cars in the future. What. A. Beast. To. Drive! But a general classic pack with cars like the 356 would be appreciated too! Wink wink @Ian Bell :p;)

Great work!

Only tested the 911 rsr at the new porsche test track....overall good ffb and drive nice, the sound isin't the best after 7500rpm but SMS already posted on there forum they muffed it up and it will be updated in patch 5.
Looking forward to testing out the rest of the pack :)

Edit: SMS have also confirmed 2 more layouts for the new track will come in patch 5 as well.

Last edited:
I haven't played PC2 much because i hated the ffb. It felt "floaty", like being on a boat and it lacked a lot of details. Today, after trying the latest Jack Spade's ffb files i gotta say, PC2 is right up there with iRacing, AC and Raceroom when it comes to ffb. In my opinion, Raceroom has the best ffb and when playing PC2, it feels like Raceroom. Cars like the Porsche 911 RSR feel great, you actually feel the weight, that moving force i was missing before and the floatiness is gone (yeah, my most favorite car sounds like shite but a fix is coming :) ). He's done an amazing job. I simply couldn't believe, what a difference it made. So yeah, iRacing might have the best online racing system, AC best physics/tyres and mods, and Raceroom has the best sound and ffb but PC2 is the best package overall when it comes to racing sims and in a few aspects it even bests the other sims.

A short note; i do not have a favorite racing sim, i play them all ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back