PC2 PCARS 2 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 and 911 RSR Latest Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS 2 Porsche Previews 4.jpg

With a new DLC release right around the corner it's time for more preview images from the PCARS 2 'Porsche Legends' DLC - Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8...

Featuring nine new models and the Leipzig 'Porsche On-road Circuit', the latest DLC offering for Project CARS 2 is set to hit the March 6th on both console and PC versions of the simulation. Coming in at 3.7KM and designed by Herman Tilke, the man responsible for many of the modern Formula One circuits in use at the moment, the Leipzig circuit is a rare one in sim racing circles, and should provide something on an interesting change for players now accustomed to the usual roster of tracks found in the current crop of games.

Although many are maybe unfamiliar with this Porsche owned track, the corners might prove more memorable thanks to being modelled on many of the best turns from circuits around the world.. The Leipzig based racetrack is FIA certified and as such can theoretically host racing events, however the track is mostly used by Porsche themselves to test their range of road and race machines, as well as the odd driving experience day for lucky owners and fans...

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

PCARS 2 Porsche Previews 3.jpg
PCARS 2 Porsche Previews 2.jpg
PCARS 2 Porsche Previews 1.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Pleased to see the iconic Carrera RSR 2.8 coming to PCARS 2? Enjoying the sim so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
All tho this has nothing to do with this DLC thread....may I ask whats so bad about the physics engine?
I own and play every sim and I find the physics to be very similar among those titles that use a 600hz physics rate .....ffb is different amongst each but also subjective and a personal preference.

If you're on an older console .....no need to reply :)

Why does the AI have physics different from the human player?

Why does the AI have physics different from the human player?

Because the player tyre model requires so much processing power it can't be used for the AI (which uses a brush type model). Almost all sims use simplified physics for the AI - AC being the only exception I can think of. Ultimately you can argue you never run the same physics as the AI because of the AI performance slider which will add or remove grip (and perhaps power) relative to the player.

Now back to discussing those Porsches :)

Because more than two instances of the player physics we run would kill a standard PC. We run a brush model for the AI as do the main competition for the player car.
I think a lot of people are really underestimate how much processingpower is required if you want to simulate everything true to real life. Only look at the simulationfacilities of F1 teams. And that is still all for just simulating one car and one track at a time true to life physics.

And therefore I think it’s a true shame people don’t see the beauty of PC2. Cramming a lot of beautiful features in a single game which I am still be able to run on a triple screen with a (heavily underpowered) single RX470. Is it all pure perfection? None of the games are, but PC2 does a damn good job! But it is always easier to bash factfree than understand why certain compromises are made and see the beauty of it rather than say it’s “unplayable” because of non-issues and lack of understanding and/or not wanting to invest the time of setting things up properly. Or just wanting to bash SMS and you for... well, doing it since you became succesful entrepeneur getting sick of some people who thinks all know better or think they have a right to demand a certain change. And then when you fed up with it and react, they see it as a confirmation how evil you must be. Just as what happend with Stephano of Kunos.

While it’s bullcrap. Yes we can ask or suggest certain features, or fixes, or things we users think should be adjusted. But we users aren’t entitled to demand anything. And I too just get fed up with the people whining over and over and over. Who everytime manage to bring in a topic like this just blunt statements like: This game sucks, stinks or whatever. Just stay the f#ck out of the topic or sub forum then. Play the games you like and spend that negative energie in positive things. Instead of bashing and trolling from the safety of your attic or basement.

Just please f#ck off and stay the hell out of topics of games you don’t like. I’m really getting pissed off about this kind of childish and pathetic behavior.

I'm really enjoying PC2 (the Group A's are a *blast* if you haven't tried them), but the high-powered cars like the Group C's seem almost un-spinnable.

The Sauber C9, which should require total concentration and throttle control at full boost, is about as docile as a modern street car with the TC disabled. It's still terrific fun, but not challenging or (I think) authentic.

I wonder if Leipzig is laser scanned. I though SMS were laser scanning their new tracks.
Not laser scanned i think they use photogrammetry or something similar or both for new stuff. So i think it probably uses the drone method. I was looking at the track on google earth vr it seemed quite a large track, I was hoping maybe we would get the off-road version as well as it looks like a huge off road playground.

I'm really enjoying PC2 (the Group A's are a *blast* if you haven't tried them), but the high-powered cars like the Group C's seem almost un-spinnable.

The Sauber C9, which should require total concentration and throttle control at full boost, is about as docile as a modern street car with the TC disabled. It's still terrific fun, but not challenging or (I think) authentic.

The default limited slip diff setting is very forgiving. Try changing the power side to say 30 degrees and its much easier to spin the car with too much throttle.

I'm looking forward to this DLC. V4 is a huge improvement to PCARS2. The VR is by far the best in racing games to date, the latest AI are easily on par with the best in other games, rally cross is now intuitive and this is across all versions not just the PC version. All this with time cycles and weather too.

Most of all I appreciate the way SMS now listen and react to the feedback and the results are in the following patches.

I see this a lot about PC2 and, honestly, wonder what the settings that you use are at. I have no problem getting the cars to spin if I hammer the throttle. The Lotus 98 is un-tamable if you mash the throttle unless you put the boost at such low levels the car is not competitive.

The Gp C and Gp 5 cars, especially the turbos, are much the same. I have no problems breaking the rear-tires loose in the Jag Gp. C car and that is normally aspirated. With the turbo's, such as the Sauber, I either have to ease on the gas until the boost kicks in or mash it and pray I don't break it loose and into a wall.

Perhaps people have their settings wrong?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back