PC2 PCARS 2 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 and 911 RSR Latest Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS 2 Porsche Previews 4.jpg

With a new DLC release right around the corner it's time for more preview images from the PCARS 2 'Porsche Legends' DLC - Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8...

Featuring nine new models and the Leipzig 'Porsche On-road Circuit', the latest DLC offering for Project CARS 2 is set to hit the March 6th on both console and PC versions of the simulation. Coming in at 3.7KM and designed by Herman Tilke, the man responsible for many of the modern Formula One circuits in use at the moment, the Leipzig circuit is a rare one in sim racing circles, and should provide something on an interesting change for players now accustomed to the usual roster of tracks found in the current crop of games.

Although many are maybe unfamiliar with this Porsche owned track, the corners might prove more memorable thanks to being modelled on many of the best turns from circuits around the world.. The Leipzig based racetrack is FIA certified and as such can theoretically host racing events, however the track is mostly used by Porsche themselves to test their range of road and race machines, as well as the odd driving experience day for lucky owners and fans...

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

PCARS 2 Porsche Previews 3.jpg
PCARS 2 Porsche Previews 2.jpg
PCARS 2 Porsche Previews 1.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Pleased to see the iconic Carrera RSR 2.8 coming to PCARS 2? Enjoying the sim so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looking forward to Carrera RSR and 911 RSR
Great to see new tracks added with each DLC as well.

Not gonna lie but I've been more than happy with the $32 cdn spent on the season pass....being a rallyX fan the fun pack was worth the cost of admission alone :)
$32 for 44 pieces of new content 38 cars/6 tracks = .75 cents each plus all the career invitation events that come with them.
Could be a stickler and complain they're not laser scanned....but for the price I won't :)

And it starts again.... ill gonna make my popcorn ready.
I dont understand, is your live sooo boring that everyone who does not like the product starts to flame again. Is it worth for you to waste your time on hating something? We all know that many of you are not happy with this or that. We finally understood this.... okaaaayyyy

I really want to enjoy PC2, but the physics engine is quite bad for me, along with the FFB. I play it once a month now, which is pretty sad considering the amount of content it has.

All tho this has nothing to do with this DLC thread....may I ask whats so bad about the physics engine?
I own and play every sim and I find the physics to be very similar among those titles that use a 600hz physics rate .....ffb is different amongst each but also subjective and a personal preference.

If you're on an older console .....no need to reply :)

I dont understand, is your live sooo boring that everyone who does not like the product starts to flame again. Is it worth for you to waste your time on hating something? We all know that many of you are not happy with this or that. We finally understood this.... okaaaayyyy
but aren't you doing the very same thing by moaning about them? why get so uptight over another opinion? isn't the thing to do to just ignore them or engage in conversation about it rather then let it ruin your day?

but aren't you doing the very same thing by moaning about them? why get so uptight over another opinion? isn't the thing to do to just ignore them or engage in conversation about it rather then let it ruin your day?

Yeah maybe but i read this subforum because im interested in this product so i spend my time on this. What i mean for example that i personally do not like rfactor 2 since the beginning so i dont even glance in the rf2 subforum. It doesnt let feel me better to go there and post that i do not like it. This would be waste of time. And post another time like 100 times before that i do not like it. And do not tell me this is constructive criticism

I personally really like pCars2, especially the Rallycross now that I have my new Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake as it has really made a huge difference using this handbrake to slide etc as it works really well....and will be purchasing this DLC,.....it's just getting enough time to play considering I have all the major Sims fighting for my attention...LOL:D

So, let me get this straight, you think by providing my opinion on a thread, that speaks to PC2, THE GAME, that I'm starting it again? Move along, honestly. How is your comment any different than mine? Just because you're clearly a huge fanboy of the series, does not mean that everyone else is not. Good grief...

All tho this has nothing to do with this DLC thread....may I ask whats so bad about the physics engine?
I own and play every sim and I find the physics to be very similar among those titles that use a 600hz physics rate .....ffb is different amongst each but also subjective and a personal preference.

If you're on an older console .....no need to reply :)

I disagree, but then again, isn't a thread meant to allow us to share our opinion? Oh that's right, if you're a fan of something, and someone is not, then that person is clearly wrong.
I own every title as well. I also put my car on the track 4x a month, so I am able to compare tire, suspension, chassis, and environmental/road physics to the sim world. My $2000 rig is on par with many others out there, and I've spend countless hours trying to dial it in. If you read any other reviews, with an open mind, you'll see that I am not alone with my thoughts and opinions.

I disagree, but then again, isn't a thread meant to allow us to share our opinion? Oh that's right, if you're a fan of something, and someone is not, then that person is clearly wrong.
I own every title as well. I also put my car on the track 4x a month, so I am able to compare tire, suspension, chassis, and environmental/road physics to the sim world. My $2000 rig is on par with many others out there, and I've spend countless hours trying to dial it in. If you read any other reviews, with an open mind, you'll see that I am not alone with my thoughts and opinions.

I am very opened minded that's why I play them all. ;)
I wasn't looking for a defensive response nor accusing you of being wrong, i disagreed with your comment and just asked what you thought was bad.....i've read many reviews and a majority of them have results like yours without actually responding to the question.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back