PC2 pCARS 2 Modding: multiple custom liveries discussions

Is it possible or will it be possible to export the car files so we can add more than one custom livery to a car model and how would this show given the way the car has the icon picture for the custom skin?

I can't say I like the new livery selector PC1s was better.

There is a Icon pic for every skin/paint option in the rcf. So, if you create a new skin/paint, you would need to create a new icon pic and stuff that in a "vehicleimages\xxxxxx" folder for the car.

The process for unpacking, harvesting files from game memory, then batch renaming remains the same as was done in pCars. Just grab the new unpacking script from Aluigi.

I'm still working on solving how to add a new car. It's highly likely that more than one livery can be added. I just don't want to get sidetracked from my current task at this time.

I tried the new quickbms and it didn't work, didn't extract anything.
Did it work for you?

You need to download the new script and new version of quickBMS. Works perfectly on my end

I did....
Guess I'll give it another go.

Where can I get the livery text files from so I can get rid of the blank yiro tyres off the custom cars. (Really winds me up).

@Gambit74
As lmm23 said, quickbms V0.8.1 with script V0.2.5.
Should the script version not be 0.2.5 at Aluigi's site, clear the browser cache or visit the site with a different browser.

Additional tyre textures can be found in many of the "Livery" bff files.

Unless QBMS has been updated in the past couple of days I should have the latest version.
Tyre textures aren't a problem it's the livery and livery_hr text files I'll need to find to write them to the car.
Anyway, thank you both for your help.

The RCF files are found in both the vehiclepersistant bff and in the car bff

Input archive: Double click the .BFF file you want to extract
Script: double click nfsshift.bms
Output folder: create a new folder on the desktop or somewhere, double click to open it and click save

Is there a way to extract the cars so I can add proper tyres to my custom car skins? I think it was done with custom grid tool in PCars1. PCars2 has added custom grid to the game, which is great but you can't set how many of each car is in the race which is a pity.

Anyway, I just want to get rid of the "Yiro tyres" So what I need is the extracted Livery text files. I tried extracting and renaming but I presume there is more to it, as it didn't work. :(

If I'm reading what you wrote correctly, you unpacked/renamed a livery BFF?
If so, try using one of the "kart" bff's as a dummy "livery" bff for the car you're working on.

Instructions are here (use Google translate, unless you can read Chinese).... https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4148364163?red_tag=2905654740

No I mean the HR and none HR text files that tell the game where to find the .bff files. (open and edit in notepad files, 2 per car).

Cheat engine to find the name of the files?!
Too much complex for me. Thanks anyways

No no no, I just want to unpack tracks from project cars 2 to downsize textures so it runs smoothly in my 2gb card. Their medium texture setting is unacceptable because all it does is to slash the already poor 1024 car liveries. I tried to repack the bff file, and the quickbms tool says it imported ok but then it wont load the track.

All I know is that a couple of days ago Crowtrobot posted a screenshot of Custom Grid Tool and "Soon".
In the first game Custom Grid Tool came before the Custom Livery Tool. I'm optimistic we'll see both these fantastic tools once again. No idea how soon but I'd bet it'll be as soon as they're done.

Is there a way to change default skins and replace them with custom ones? So far editing the .rcf files has only gotten me as far as being able to remove fake liveries. While I'm quite glad to have the V12 LMR and the CLK-GTR down to only their 2 real life skins I would like to swap out several fake types on other cars, particularly the Porsche GT3R. But Simply changing/adding lines in the .rcf just gives me a car that's all red when viewed.

Hi all Any chance to get Custom livery tool for Project Cars 2??
Some information about work in process?

Thank

I understand that we can not add vehicles. But would not he have a solution for skins? Whenever I want to add things, I have a red car. Yet I do everything correctly via RCF files. I do not understand or originate this concern. The situation is ridiculous, because in competitions like ESL, we can not have a personal skin.

I would love to provide a solution for everyone. I am responsible for Team Virtualdrivers by TX3, and the lack of visibility of our sponsors, become problematic in the competitions.

Please excuse me for my weak English.

TX3 Slawek

We can add vehicles, just not to the full ability we were able to in the first game. It might be possible in the future though as I am waiting for a reply from SMS.

You're editing the RCF, so which BFF files are you running unpacked? Post your RCF entries and we'll see if theyre correct.

Hi guys, the dds file. mostly has the inappropriate names or are not their own, maybe we want to say something more lambomantisman23 (that still no progress to mod).
We only want help to clone cars of the same game. When we put new paints we also want to change the paints of the rims and the designs of the windows.

Learn how to do it yourself instead of whining and bitching in my PMs.

I offer an apology, it was not my intention to be understood that way.
I value the work he does in the mod and I thank him for his support to those who want to do their own work in mod.
Change of page and continue forward in the work.

Your new entries are duplicating the Livery #99 Custom livery using the same file replacements. For your Livery #98 (TX3), you need to use a new filename for the replacement. Instead of "ben_con_gt3_livery.dds", make a file named "ben_con_gt3_livery_TX3.dds", using that file for the replacement. Same edits in both RCF files.

For the GUI problem, you need to create a new texture (screen shot) of the car using that skin. The file would be named "bentley_continental_gt3_livery_98.dds". The file would be DXT5 and sized 512 wide X 128 high. You would place this file into a folder named "Gui\vehicleimages\vehicleimages_bentley_continental_gt3\"

Thanks a lot for your help. I have to make a mistake somewhere ...
Despite that, the car stays red :(

Sorry to bother you with the subject. There is really no way to add skins to the game ? :(

If you have only one skin, every car has the custom livery #99, which you replace with your skin.

If you need to add more entries for skins, you need to use both the "Custom Grid Tool 2" by Crowtrobot AND have the exterior BFF for the car running unpacked (loose). Then, you can add more livery entries into the rcf files, add in textures and everything works.

Can we unpack the .bff files by quickbms with proper file's names?
Always thank you master!

Hello, thank you for your help.

Would it be possible to specify what you understand by exterior BFF, or just show an example.

I can not understand. Sorry :)

The exterior BFF is the one that does't say "_cockpit" or "_Livery".
So, for Acura NSX, the exterior BFF is "Acura_NSX_2017.bff"

The Bootfiles doesn't allow me to add custom tires to custom skins does it?

If you mean custom tire textures, then no. Vehiclespersistent.bff would need to be run unpacked. Also, the exterior bff for each car you would want custom tire textures would need to be run unpacked, due to redundant RCF files being packed into the bff.

Hello,

First step works, but my skin is still not taken into account. Yet I have good follow your advice, watch your MODS, nothing to do ... The car remains red. You could not give us an example? Just one to understand ... Thanks

View attachment 230120 View attachment 230121

If I remember correctly the red was related to the material of the parts. What do you think about creating a specific thread for the multiple custom liveries thingy? I could go through this thread and quote related posts as this thread is yet only 10 pages. (I'm very interested in that topic as well)

Regards,
Reiche

Yes why not.
I would love to propose championship with a complete personalisatoin for each player.

Is it possible to replace default liveries with custom ones? Not adding more, but replacing.
Thanks.

i tryed it but at the moment i have cars without sponsors..

for example i imported ferrari 2006 into Formula A but the car is all red without white parts, logos and sponsors..

i created also a Formula 1 choice into SMS menu with original F1 2016 car names but i don't know how add cars or photos..

Attachments

• foto1.jpg
    foto1.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 423
  • foto2.jpg
    foto2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 410
  • foto3.jpg
    foto3.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 413
Previews:

Take these files as guideline: https://www.mediafire.com/download/1cy3ik75ggf8s80
.../Project Cars 2/gui/vehicleimages/etc

Red car usually is a typing error (somewhere in the path/name of your livery texture).

It's keep it simple for the start, leave the crd file as it is and copy the text in between <CONDITION LIVERY="99"> and </CONDITION> and paste it into between the 51 paragraph, but change the livery texture file name just by let's say adding a "2" to it and paste formula_a_livery2.dds into Project Cars 2/vehicles/textures/CustomLiveries

(It's important you do these changes in both normal .rcf file and ..._hr.rcf)

I definitely need to find time for the video tutorial.

(Written tutorial is available in our Discord)

I can confirm replacing "standard" liveries works fine. (Have a look at the livery name in the top left corner.)

20180723095622_1.jpg

Method was as described in my previous post, just pasting the modified text of "<CONDITION LIVERY="99">" into "<CONDITION LIVERY="51">"

Code:
    <CONDITION LIVERY="51">
        <REPLACE TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\common_paint.dds" NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\customliveries\formula_a_livery2.dds" />
    </CONDITION>

As documentation is still on the poor side (I'm sorry!) I'd advise you to start with tiny steps.

Test your stuff with changes as little as possible (here: one letter) to minimise the source of errors. You'll quickly see if this is working or not - and if it is working, you know it has to work for further changes.

Generally speaking, red cars is (99.9%) always a spelling/typing error inside your rcf files (or standard .rcf and _hr.rcf not matching). This sometimes just happens - no matter how experienced you are.
(additional info for German and some other non-English speaking users: the rcf files can't handle Ä, Ö, Ü - avoid those in your file's path)

However, if you see errors with parts / materials missing, this is very likely an issue on the mod files' side (that means: on my side). Please report those, usually it doesn't take to long to find the source of the error.

hallo reiche,

thanks for your answers..

this is my first driving game after f1 2010, so i don't know pc1 and i don't know how to mod pc1 and pc2..

i'm trying this game for the first time.. so it's the first time that i try to mod pc2..

i'm trying to clone formula A to create a formula 1 slot, but how you can see, i don't know nothing...

i downloaded quickbms with nfsshift.bms scripts, but when i open bff files i have all files with strange name.. is it normal?

in the first photo... my condition with F1 slot..

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    792.7 KB · Views: 393
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 299
hallo,
today i did very big progress!!!

i cloned Formula A and created Formula 1. i replaced the cloned original liveries with Formula 1 2016 liveries (pc1).

now i have Formula A with original liveries and Formula 1 with custom liveries.

at the moment i have 3 big problems:

1) no cockpit
2) no mechanic
3) no driver in car

can you help me?

Attachments

• menu 1.jpg
    menu 1.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 347
  • menu 2.jpg
    menu 2.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 327
  • ferrari.jpg
    ferrari.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 389
  • mercedes.jpg
    mercedes.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 381
  • sauber.jpg
    sauber.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 366
  • race.jpg
    race.jpg
    605.6 KB · Views: 336
hallo,
today i did very big progress!!!

i cloned Formula A and created Formula 1. i replaced the cloned original liveries with Formula 1 2016 liveries (pc1).

now i have Formula A with original liveries and Formula 1 with custom liveries.

at the moment i have 3 big problems:

1) no cockpit
2) no mechanic
3) no driver in car

can you help me?
if you ever finish your modding project in pc2, it is very satisfying! Cross my fingers and the lovley Mr. reiche will help you - I‘m sure. While looking at your efforts (sry can‘t help u) I‘m waiting for the famous „Custom livery tool“

Sorry, no idea about that.

These problems shouldn't appear when you just change the rcf files of the formula A cars - but I'm pretty sure you already know that and you're cloning the car for a reason. ;)

I'm pretty sure you already know that and you're cloning the car for a reason

mmmmm.... i don't understand....

i want to clone formula a only to play formula 1 with pc2 and i use f1 2016 mod because it is the only complete mod. there is 1991 mod complete too, but it's always for formula a. if it's possible convert it for formula c, i try to clone formula c too..
now i cloned lotus 98t so i can use f1 1986 cars, but it's incomplete.. for example mclaren 1986 is missing

Ah, okay, okay, okay..

If you don't mind "unlocking" all the cars, you can download these files:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d5cgb01o21t4u53/Updated+patch+6+files+for+livery+access.7z

(Activate it via JSGME.. (Use the search function and delete all files with "windows2.bmt", they're in three NY mistake and cause some errors on specific (only a few) cars))

Then, edit the formula A rcf files.. Paste your changes into conditions 51 and following.. You can edit the names as well..
Only problem will be preview pictures, they will remain for now..
(You can try to replace them using the file structure in here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1cy3ik75ggf8s80/GUIVEHICLEIMAGES_99.7z but I think it won't work - but I have an idea which should work, but this requires another bigger download and some explanation from my side.. I'll add that later)

hello,

maybe i used wrong words..

after... formula 1 2016 and formula 1 1986 slots work very well...

i post the problems photos..

Attachments

• no cockpit.jpg
    no cockpit.jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 365
  • no driver.jpg
    no driver.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 365
  • no mechanical.jpg
    no mechanical.jpg
    596 KB · Views: 356
can someone rename for me HRDFPERSISTENT.bff with renaming tool please? i tryed many time but this program is too much complicated for me..

i see many files .bin but i need the right names..

thank you

Hello can anyone explain to me this section better:
"Non-mandatory 5)
Download this archive containing the custom livery preview files for all the cars:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1cy3ik75ggf8s80/GUIVEHICLEIMAGES_99.7z
Go through the folders to the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 file, copy it and paste it into MODS/Custom Liveries/gui/... (Same structure as in the unzipped archive). Rename it to ...97, paste again and rename to ...98"

I have downloaded the archive but it's not clear to me if I need to modify the RCF files too to make this work. I've tried to do so but with zero results. Can anyone help me?

@GhostRazor @Njk00

Sorrrrry guys, I totally lost track of your replies. September was a busy month...

It is possible to use PC1 cars in PC2, yes, but no idea how difficult it is... You might ask in the general modding discussion thread or in the modding Discord (I think there's an invitation link somewhere in the last pages.. If not, send me a PM)

Previews.. Still an issue or did you figure it out in the end? Drop a message here or on the liveries Discord

Hey @Reiche, can you please explain how I can create a shiny / chrome-plated color in my paintwork? I've tried different things, but I don't get the right result. U sad u try to make a Video to explain how to create a Livery/Design. It would help a lot to see the steps in a video.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing