PC2 PCARS 2: Cars, Cars and More Cars - New Images Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 - Porsche 911 GT.jpg

Not wanting to be out shone by the big news reveals from E3, Slightly Mad Studios have released plenty of new images from Project CARS 2 in recent days.

Entering into the fray come some big hitting machines these last few days, not least of which are Le Mans challengers from Porsche and Ford in the form of the 911 GT R and GT GTE, plus a few previously unseen tin tops and a bit of a lean towards yesteryears golden age of racing.

It is often said that a picture tells a thousand words, and I've already used up some of my 1000 word limit in this post, so I'll just drop these here and let them do the talking...

Project CARS 2 - Porsche 918 Spyder .jpg
Project CARS 2 Grid.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT Multiclass.png
Project CARS 2 GTC.jpg
Project CARS 2 Touring Cars.jpg

Project CARS 2 is scheduled for release across the Xbox, PlayStation 4 and PC platforms on the 22nd September 2017.

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

What do you think of the cars revealed so far? Any brand / model or series not currently confirmed would you like to see added next? Let us know in the comments section below!

Of course. The I suspect the vast majority of people who got banned from the pC1 development forum will only have bad things to say about it once it launches. I'm also sure that those who are solemnly dedicated to "one brand" will also have only negative things to say, no matter how good it would be.

These people however are never the majority. If SMS can kill most of the bugs and have a solid release I suspect the overall community will be quite pleased with the end results. There's no denying that this is a massive improvement over the first game.
How about performance and aliasing (AA) ? 4K on a GTX 1080 Ti / i5 6600k work you think ?

Can anyone comment on the FFB options for this release? Are they the same as PC1 or have they been simplified in any way?

At least on the PC, you'll have the ability to fine tune to the detail that was available in PC1 (and a little more). For the normal in-game options, there are basically 4 sliders/options to configure for FFB so greatly simplified. Ideally, you only need to do fine tuning to the base configurations which you can now alter while in a track session.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%