PC2 PCARS 2: Cars, Cars and More Cars - New Images Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 - Porsche 911 GT.jpg

Not wanting to be out shone by the big news reveals from E3, Slightly Mad Studios have released plenty of new images from Project CARS 2 in recent days.

Entering into the fray come some big hitting machines these last few days, not least of which are Le Mans challengers from Porsche and Ford in the form of the 911 GT R and GT GTE, plus a few previously unseen tin tops and a bit of a lean towards yesteryears golden age of racing.

It is often said that a picture tells a thousand words, and I've already used up some of my 1000 word limit in this post, so I'll just drop these here and let them do the talking...

Project CARS 2 - Porsche 918 Spyder .jpg
Project CARS 2 Grid.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT Multiclass.png
Project CARS 2 GTC.jpg
Project CARS 2 Touring Cars.jpg

Project CARS 2 is scheduled for release across the Xbox, PlayStation 4 and PC platforms on the 22nd September 2017.

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

What do you think of the cars revealed so far? Any brand / model or series not currently confirmed would you like to see added next? Let us know in the comments section below!

@Ian Bell at least he got a response from you ;) I'm assuming the answer to my earlier Xbox One questions is probably a 'don't know' for now then? Or just a go away ;)

Anyway I was impressed enough with what I saw and heard on the ISRTV video to give the PC version a go at launch. I'll just wait and see on the console version. It's usually the case that if the console version is working well the videos and reviews start appearing well before launch. Silence usually indicates the reverse.

@Ian Bell at least he got a response from you ;) I'm assuming the answer to my earlier Xbox One questions is probably a 'don't know' for now then? Or just a go away ;)

Anyway I was impressed enough with what I saw and heard on the ISRTV video to give the PC version a go at launch. I'll just wait and see on the console version. It's usually the case that if the console version is working well the videos and reviews start appearing well before launch. Silence usually indicates the reverse.

Indeed. Our console versions are terrible. As ISR said in their video...

Reactions: Rob
Sorry man/woman (your title is ambiguous to be fair). I have no clue what you mean. No one in WMD can affect metacritic, it's all from professional websites, with 'weighting' ... I'm wildly guessing that's what you were insinuating...
Considering you took my money just fine without providing anything useful in return, you could also take a joke. But whatever. If Project Cars 2 will indeed prove realistic, the previous experience won't affect my judgement on the new one.

Reactions: Rob
Indeed. Our console versions are terrible. As ISR said in their video...

Ok point taken, I did hear ISRTV say the PS4 version was looking good and playing well on the pad. No offence meant this is a genuine question from a group of players who enjoyed many hours of pCARS multiplayer online with a few technical gremlins from time to time. Only those questions about the stability of the peer to peer online multiplayer really remain. It'll be good to see people joining lobbies without the screen delay and the wheels holding FFB settings when you are ready to show us that.

@Ian Bell if you can answer just two questions I have as a concern.

As many of the people here, I've played a fair amount of pCars 1 but I've haven't played in a long time because I'm more of a dedicated MP player than anything else. So when I read the MP features for pCars 2 I started to wonder:

1 - I believe the driver swap feature is coming to this game right? If so, how will it be implemented without doing a lot of damage to the in game performance (I mean, like I'm driving and my team mate is joining to do the driver swap, but because of the synchronization sometime freezes your PC for a second like we have in some games)?

I ask this 'cause I don't have a WMD account (I do but can't remember what e-mail I registered :p) and I don't know if it was mentioned there and according to the original idea it was supposed to be in the first game but for some development reasons it was taken off, so I suppose now that the gap to the second is quite "large" so this might've been figured out already.

2 - About Race Control and Broadcasts, very cool you guys are implementing that, but I was wondering. On the pictures I was looking around, it sounded like there's only room for one race director and one broadcaster/commentator. Is that the idea, one slot for each or there is an certain limit for each slot?

Of course you don't need to answer the questions above if you don't want to because you're going to reveal in a later date and stuff, but if you answer this doubts for me I'll appreciate.

Being honest, I want your game to succeed, though I'm still cautious with it (I'll end up buying it at the end of the day either way, I guess :p) and from what it looks you guys at SMS and WMD might be pulling the right moves and punches.

(I mean, like I'm driving and my team mate is joining to do the driver swap, but because of the synchronization sometime freezes your PC for a second like we have in some games)?

Just to point out, this "freeze" is for each peer loading the car of the driver who just joined. In the case you just mentioned there, *if* PC2 has driver swaps, the driver joining wouldn't have a different car as they would be joining as a "spectator" prior to taking over an existing car. With that, there wouldn't need to be any synchronizing of a new car among the peers.

Just to point out, this "freeze" is for each peer loading the car of the driver who just joined. In the case you just mentioned there, *if* PC2 has driver swaps, the driver joining wouldn't have a different car as they would be joining as a "spectator" prior to taking over an existing car. With that, there wouldn't need to be any synchronizing of a new car among the peers.
Yeah I'm aware, I just mentioned the situation because this happen occasionally when we play rFactor 2 or rFactor with driver swaps. :)

Yeah I'm aware, I just mentioned the situation because this happen occasionally when we play rFactor 2 or rFactor with driver swaps. :)

I used to do many endurance races with rF back in the day (started when ISRTV had their league). I never had an issue with spectators joining to swap into a car. Granted, the driver swaps were iffy with rF but joining was never an issue.

Now, rF, like most titles did have issues with normal drivers joining an already running session. The titles would pause as the new car was loaded for all current participants. Some titles switched to using a "default" car until the driver would go back to the garage (so they wouldn't take the hit while driving). But this was different than when a driver joined as a spectator.

I don't play rF2, but I would be shocked if it was any different (meant worse) then rF1.

Fair enough :). I have a dirty mind...
Don't we all ;)
So will PCARS 2 get a pixel density type slider?
Like most here, i really care about how the cars drive but you've shown some pretty awesome vids showing as much as you can without us actually trying it ourselves so my only other concern is how i can get it looking as awesome as possible with my current setup and being able to reduce to 1800p works wonders in other titles because my screen jumps from 1080p/60Hz to all between 30Hz then 2160p/60Hz. So a slider is my only hope.

Last edited:
Don't we all ;)
So will PCARS 2 get a pixel density type slider?
Like most here, i really care about how the cars drive but you've shown some pretty awesome vids showing as much as you can without us actually trying it ourselves so my only other concern is how i can get it looking as awesome as possible with my current setup and being able to reduce to 1800p works wonders in other titles because my screen jumps from 1080p/60Hz to all between 30Hz then 2160p/60Hz. So a slider is my only hope.

If you mean what I think you mean then yes. We had this in pCARS1.

They implemented a scaling option for VR users (1 was 1:1, and you could go up or down). I'm not aware of it working outside of VR, but yes there is a scaling option that was introduced into the config (it wasn't a menu option inside).
Okay, well thats no use to players without VR! I really really hope Ian and his crew can implement one for standard screen users like other AAA titles.
I sit about 55"from a 55" screen and can hardly see the difference between 2160p and 1800p in Gear 4 but can now get a solid v-sync with all ultra settings @4k but dropping to 1080p is a HUGE drop that i can see from 12 feet away squinting, lol.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back