PC2 PC2 FFB and Oversteer

Hello,

I've been struggling with the FFB settings on PC2 for some time now. The problem I'm experiencing mainly lies with the lack of feel I get when it comes to oversteer and receiving adequate feedback from the wheel in order to correct slides. I've tried a lot of custom FFB files, but they all seem to have one or more of the following issues:
  • I have no feel for the brakes being heavy loaded or having locked up
  • There's no counter steer phenomenon when the back end gets loose
  • The steering doesn't go light when the back end gets loose
As someone who's played a fair few racing sims over the years and has a tendency to prefer oversteer and making lots of corrections at the wheel in order to put in fast qualifying times, this is obviously quite debilitating. Does anyone have any experience with creating or editing custom FFB files? Is there any kind of guide that would explain what the parameters mean within the custom FFB files? Thanks.

Not gonna get into ffb settings atm....but I will ask are you running the proper tire compound & psi for the track conditions?

ALOT of people overlook this aspect in PC2 and blame the lack of feel on poor ffb.
Live track combined with dynamic weather and tires are constantly changing throughout a lap/session.
The only 2 other titles that offer similar track tech are rf2 & iracing, the majority of other titles use a time based rubbering in of the optimal line and use one temp track surface for the entire session which results In a more consistent feel throughout a session.

Here's a link regarding optimal tire settings per class.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57541-Project-CARS-2-Tyre-Pressures

I use a Thrustmaster TX with raw stock settings and have no issue feeling and controlling the rear during slides.

Not gonna get into ffb settings atm....but I will ask are you running the proper tire compound & psi for the track conditions?

ALOT of people overlook this aspect in PC2 and blame the lack of feel on poor ffb.
Live track combined with dynamic weather and tires are constantly changing throughout a lap/session.
The only 2 other titles that offer similar track tech are rf2 & iracing, the majority of other titles use a time based rubbering in of the optimal line and use one temp track surface for the entire session which results In a more consistent feel throughout a session.

Here's a link regarding optimal tire settings per class.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57541-Project-CARS-2-Tyre-Pressures

I use a Thrustmaster TX with raw stock settings and have no issue feeling and controlling the rear during slides.

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for the link. I didn't know that adjusting the tire pressures would have that effect- I'll have to give it a go. The only reason I suspected the FFB to be the underlying issue is because before using the PC2 FFB I used to run my wheel through the Logitech Wingman software that comes with my wheel, I think it had a lot more feel. When I made the switch it had the effect of me always braking too hard and late for corners, turning in to corners too fast and spinning and not being able to correct slides, all due to the lack of feel I was experiencing. The obvious solution would be to switch back to the Logitech software, but I'm struggling to get it to work with PC2 anymore, unexplainable issue... C'est la vie.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%