PC won't sleep with Heusinkveld handbrake plugged in

I have an odd issue with my PC not sleeping. I managed to trace it down to the Heusinkveld handbrake being plugged in. I'm not sure how to resolve it with the exception of unplugging it when I'm not using it.

Oddly enough the Heusinkveld pedals don't experience this issue.

Any suggestions?

Maybe the reason is that your PC is detecting some input from your handbrake. Try adding some dead zone to the beginning of the axxis.
There's no way to setup a dead zone for the handbrake that I'm aware of, unlike the sprint pedals. I tried the windows USB game controller setup and ran a calibration for the sake of it, but no change to sleep.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

DiView or DXTweak2.
1625782875316.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestion Andrew, but what I meant is there's no way to add a dead zone at the hardware level. With that said, I didn't know DiView existed, and while adding a dead zone via software didn't help, it did provided some very valuable information. Keep reading. :)

The handbrake was registering as being engaged at around 3% constantly instead of 0%. When I originally swapped out the rubber bushing to the lighter one, I must have tightened things up too much. I re-adjusted the bolt/nut to get a proper reading of 0%, and now windows sleep works perfectly!

Thanks for the tips. SOLVED

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Watch Niels's video on how to use DIView, DXTweak2 uses the same concept, you just map Raw input to different DirectInput value, this way you can set it up to completely ignore initial 200 raw input like in my screenshot or set max raw value you want to map to 100% DirectInput so you don't have to use full range of motion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Watch Niels's video on how to use DIView, DXTweak2 uses the same concept, you just map Raw input to different DirectInput value, this way you can set it up to completely ignore initial 200 raw input like in my screenshot or set max raw value you want to map to 100% DirectInput so you don't have to use full range of motion.
Pretty sure this won't solve the issue as Windows uses the raw input before it gets modulated by DirectX. I got the same issue with my custom pedals running of a Bodenar controller. It's down to the driver and the standard HID one is unlucky here.

Upvote 0
Can't you go into Taskmanager, find out the right device entry, right click, search for something like "can wake up the pc", uncheck it and be done?

Alternatively you could disable USB plug wake up in the windows power plan iirc? Although that would disable mouse and keyboard to wake the pc up..

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestion Andrew, but what I meant is there's no way to add a dead zone at the hardware level. With that said, I didn't know DiView existed, and while adding a dead zone via software didn't help, it did provided some very valuable information. Keep reading. :)

The handbrake was registering as being engaged at around 3% constantly instead of 0%. When I originally swapped out the rubber bushing to the lighter one, I must have tightened things up too much. I re-adjusted the bolt/nut to get a proper reading of 0%, and now windows sleep works perfectly!

Thanks for the tips. SOLVED
I actually swapped out the stock dampener with one of the green ones from the HE ultimate pedals. SOOO MUCH BETTER!! Be sure not to keep things too tight. DiView is fantastic!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing