F1 2011 (PC) Why are you not interested in RD racing club races ?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello to everyone,
its friday evening and i found it very strange, that of all of people registred here we will take part in RD club race only 4.
Does almost everyone here own only xbox or ps3 ? or for what reason PC owners are not racing in club races. I would like to know what is the reason. If you will be so kind and reply, the guys who are hosting these events can make some changes to attract more ppl to racing in club races.
Thank you for reading i hope we will see each other in the race.
Jan Masek

Im waiting on a patch more than anything else, the 11/11 bug makes the game a joke to be honest. Reading some of the threads post race has put me off a little though, I expected the standard of racing to be a little better.

We do need a practise league for the PC, the problem is finding driver's who are actually clean racers and follow the rules like letting the car back past if you knock him off the track or cause him to spin (even if it means fulling to the back of the field). I see a lot of people scamper away into the distance after hitting someone and although i joined the RD club at the league gp for Budapest in F1 2010 i can only say from personal experience that F1 2011 has brought out a lot of aggressive driver's who will overtake at any given oppostunity which isn't how its ment to be. Yes take chances but back out of it early on if you feel you won't make it stick, but i have seen many people not do that and rather than feel like a RD race it feels more like normal online racing now where there is no rules.

I'm hopping that the next patch will fix many things and bring back the regular guy's who are clean and will race and host regular sessions, but at the moment the PC version is dieing out slowly with less and less races been hosted each week. F1 2010 i use to have to keep a diary just so i would no what dates i had signed up for a race and what that track was and the start time etc. But F1 2011 its more like a scrap of paper, very sad but like i said hopefully the next patch will encourage many regulars to return because i miss racing with them, just to name a few (sorry i don't know you all by your real names some by only your game tags). Scott, Mattie, LindBlom, Deane, FMFireFly, Marine, DevilSixPence, Kaos and many many more i have raced with, most of tyhem i only saw as they lapped my slow ass lol, but those guy's was good fun and i hope to race with them again one day.

I fear the cheaters around this game. So I pass my time in time trial.
My 2 online trys resulted in a setup failure,.. anything like "setup could not be used". Well, no need then. To bad this game wasn t created by Blizzard.

@downforze: There are no cheats in this game, and especially not in RD club races.

As for Blizzard, the company hasn't been the same since the merge with Activision, just look at 3-part SC2, real money item market in D3 and the laughing stock called Mists of Pandaria.

Good question, I'm actually wondering myself why I don't sign up for RD races anymore....

First of all, people who sign up just don't attend, in my oppinion that's not done. If 16 people sign up and only 8 attend than my race is already ruined. I like to battle with everyone at the back or in front, I don't care. if I have fair battles than my race is great. But if there are only attend 8 people the chance of a battle is smaller.

Secondly I have less time:mad:, learning for a test cost me much more time than last year and after I have learned I don't have the will to do a 50% race. I also 'discovered' another game which I play much, but now that game annoys me and I think I'm going back to f1 2011...

But the main point is that people are ramming and banging, just like in the quick race mode. In quick race modes I can laugh about it, but not in a 50% race. After I have qualified in 5th I don't want to be 16th without a front wing after the first corner because I got a hit from behind. It happened me too much, even though I haven't played much in the rd races. I don't consider me one of the "regulars", I joined rd halfway f1 2010. At my first race, I was really nervouse: my thoughts were just: "don't hit anyone, be carefull in the first corner". From that point of view I still start races. And that's the point I miss with some other drivers( not all!!!).

yes I'm also aggressive and I try to do risky overtakes, but I always try it clean( and most of the times it is clean).

Mathieu is one of the cleanest racers here, i think i have had more battles with him then anyone else on F1 2010 and 2011 , i've had many battles with great people, but i feel it's time to move on, yeah sure we're all waiting for the patch and hopefully things will be improved, but i've had a taste of sim racing and i love it, will i come back to F1 2011? i have to be very honest with myself and you guy's, i have absolutely no idea.

Alot of guys have stopped Racing on this game because of the 11/11 Bug but always the mentality of other racers who tend to ruin races because they think "i will win the race if i overtake in the first corner" .

Sad but true.

For me main reason is simple... AI in this game is enough for me. In '10 I drove only 2 times in racing club (Yeah, I remember only one battle, with Scott :)). I'm driving in single player mode almost every time. It's giving alot of fun to me, racing league would give more, but I think I'm not that good to join to one (after all, also no time to make it). Bugs are annoying too...

The problem also is with some drivers (I mean few drivers). Racing here is sometimes like playing on random lobbies... In '10 RaceDepartment Clubs was only place to play with nice, clean drivers... In '11 it's not like this.

No racer respect. Thats why I dont do it. Too many kids who will ram if they get overtaken.

I will stick to my Nascar Racing 2003 online racing. Its properly moderated and fair.

. To bad this game wasn t created by Blizzard.

The game is good i will say.But its kinda unfair to compare CM with Blizzard.Apart of its award-winning massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), at the last BlizzCON they officially announced that WoW exceeds 12 million online active players worldwide.
CM doesn't have such a big goal to achieve.Maybe if they were purchased own servers and not depend from Microsoft platform,the game may attract much new online users.

As far as I know, WoW has decreased from 12m to 10.3m in less than a year. Atleast according to the president of Blizzard :p

But tbh, can't even imagine Blizzard doing a racing game :p After all, I think CM is a great game company. I mean, I enjoyed Race Driver GRID massively for example. Maybe they have a bit left before they can achieve a true simulator, but it all depends on their design goals.

If their goal was to make a great F1 game, they succeded (apart from the bugs, but hopefully that will be fixed). If their goal was to make a true F1 simulator, then they failed, but I don't think it was ;)

Anyway, back to the topic. I noticed another problem with online racing and that is lag. By just looking at last nights race in Abu Dhabi, loads of people were lagging, ghosting and jumping all over the track, which makes it really hard to keep it clean sometimes since you don't even know if the person is there or not..

I'd really love to join some serious race (even if I don't think I would do well, but the important thing is to participate, isn't it? :D), but, as for me, the three main reasons I can't do that are:
1) the need for a patch: 11/11 bug is no fun, really, and I bet it requires only a couple of lines of source code to be addressed;
2) the need for a patch: a lot of multiplayer games finish with lost connection by me or other players (I think it requires for CM to edit some more lines of source code, compared to the 11/11 bug, but hell, if they can't do that in a reasonable time, they should reconsider the position of the coders they hired);
3) the obligation of using real names if you wanna join RD races, if I'm not wrong. Well, since I've a "sensible" job, I cannot let Google index my real name and show it on the search results for a game^^

P.S.: I did not check the timetable, to be honest, and that could be another reason, if incompatible with my free time (I'm in GMT+1 timezone).

I joined this forum specifically to join the club races...however, fate plots against us. Reasons why I don't play

1) Shortly after joining, my wife walked out on my son and I, no time to dedicate, haven't had the money for a copy of 2011

2) I play with every single assist turned off, except driving line, maybe I am just a product of the video game generation, but no matter how well I know the tracks, I cant figure out whether to go left or right without the damn driving line. I still dont understand how there can be club races that allow auto gears or traction control, but not drive line

I don't join because I feel that I'm not good enough yet, even though a lot of you guys here have said that they aren't perfect themselves. But I still have serious problems getting the right breaking point at the start of the race. Especially when I'm starting midfield or at the back of my career races many restarts are necessary to make it through the first corner. Further I agree with jojoman, the obligation to drive with your real name is not very attractive to me. I do all I can not to be found by google and then I give it away for an online race? Hmmm, I understand the reasons as to why the RD-club handles this issue as it does and I guess there is nothing to worry about being associated with an online racing game but still, for me it is definitely a further reason not to join in.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%