Pc warning beep

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Hi.
Over the weekend my pc has started to beep giving me a warning when playing games.
It started with one beep every couple of seconds now when i play it is nearly constant.
I have tried assetto corsa,rfactor2,game stock car and project cars.
All are giving me a warning beep from the motherboard
Even when at the menu of the game.
I never had this problem until now with my machine.
Could it be tempertures or cpu usage.

My cpu is hydro cooled with a corsair h80i.

I must check the temps tomorrow.

Thanks.

i wonder if my cpu is on the way out ?
picture 1 was a couple of minutes after booting up
picture 2,
i wasnt getting beeps with those temps i only ran the game for a minute

1.jpg
2.jpg

Could you post some more info about your motherboard and cooling, brand and model. Your idle temp is very high, but how high is your ambient? Also how long since you have it and when did it get cleaned out last?

thanks for the reply.
my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
my case has two front fans,two side fans and the the cosair h80i has two rear fans cooling the cpu.
the temperatures have never been that high even when gaming for a long time.
my ambient temp would be around 25 degrees.
i built the machine two years ago and cleaned it out about 6 months ago when installing the corsair h80i.

im not sure what temps 1,2,3 and monitoring ?
core 0 is the cpu right ?

Core 0,1,2,3 indicate the cores on your CPU, core 0 is usually used as best reference to accurate temperature measurement.

When you built in the H80i, did you replace the cooling paste? Did you clean it before you did so?

Anyway, you can be quite sure that the issue is heat related, you should build out your CPU cooler, check for any errors and replace your cooling paste. When you replace your cooling paste, be sure to clean your heatsink on your CPU very well and the same counts for the bottom of the cooler.
Also listen carefully to your cooler when it is still on, if you hear any grinding noises their could be an airbubble in the pump. If that is the case, take the cooler out and move it around, give it a few ticks etc.

Thanks frank.
when i changed the cooler i removed all the old paste with alcohol wipes and used the new paste that came with the cooler.

Thats great i will change the paste today and check over the cooler.
It would be no harm to clean out everything as well .

Just let me know what your findings are. Also be sure everything is connected and seated properly. For your cooling the idle temp in your ambient is almost 20 degrees to high.

i changed the thermal paste tonight and cleaned the fans ,
the heatsink had no build up and the fans where good too.
picture one is before i changed the paste tonight with the fans at 100%
picture two is after i changed the paste the fans at 100%,
30 minutes after boot up.
it looks to be abit better now,
i have the fans set to low speed at the minute and the cpu is at 52.5 and the motherboard at 52 degrees
things seem to be settling down,
i will test it properly tomorrow evening with a game running for an hour.

124.jpg
123.jpg

Ok, better than before.
Just for you in comparison, I have a Cooler Master Storm Trooper case a H100 (not the i) and a 3570k running at 4.8 GHz 100% of the time, as all power saving options are off. It idles at 32 degrees, while the ambient room temp is 23 degrees, while gaming it goes up to 60 degrees maximum, my fan speed is at lowest, so I would say it stil isn't great.
Be sure you let the cooling paste settle for a while.

the temperatures where never this high until last week i remember it was around 30 degrees at idle the same as you're self.
my cpu is running at 4.0ghz with all power saving off.
I will wait and see how things settle with the new paste.

I was planning on upgrading to a i7 and a new gpu in the next couple of months.
But il see how things pan out with this cpu and get abit longer out of it.

I remember having this problem before ( PC beep ) drove me nuts lol and have no idea to this day what caused it, then one of my ram sticks had failed when I replaced it with new one ,no more beeping ,I can only think that this was the issue . Strange but true :) .

I remember having this problem before ( PC beep ) drove me nuts lol and have no idea to this day what caused it, then one of my ram sticks had failed when I replaced it with new one ,no more beeping ,I can only think that this was the issue . Strange but true :) .
It depends on your mainboard / BIOS. Google for "<name of your board or BIOS> bios beep codes" and you should get an idea.

Tom

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back